Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    [ IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Stargate%20Stuff/Fanfight.jpg[/ IMG]
    Ah, c'mion, we don't really need Joe to steer the pot - people here throw mud at each other just fine without him getting mixed into all this, he's just an added bonus
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
      Much as I enjoy it, this interactiveness between the fans and the shows is starting to weird me out. For example, ShadowMa'at, on visiting the 2005 Vancouver con) was shocked to find out that people involved in the shows, including some actors, knew her screen name and treated her as something of a mini-celebrity. Last year, she chided me for not using my screen name at the con. She said more people from the show would know me by my Gateworld name than by my real name (and I was a walk-on winner). That really gave me pause. Joe! Joe, are you here?

That said, the writers are just human beings, like all of us. I think that Joe gets just as much of a kick out of us talking about him as Minigeek probably got at being publicly teased by Joe.

Still, I suddenly feel like I'm being watched.
      Oh, I rarely posted on the old gw delphiforums because I was deadly afraid that TPTB would actually read and be influenced by my posts. I made it to an astonishing 21 posts in my first 1.5 years there. Chicken.

And I was still surprised when someone posted an email from Damian Kindler in the Sanctuary thread some days ago, and when DK also posted there a little while later. I was like What? DK really exists? because I've only ever seen him on my SG DVDs on my TV set, which would make him a fictional character in my little world. LOL.

(And it's also just like when I saw my hostmother, who was a highschool teacher, in her underwear in our house, and I was like What? Teachers do run around in their houses in their underwear? )

With JM, nothing is surprising.
      No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        well, he's refined his condescension to a fine art
        Well, he had good teachers, considering he does lurk at Gateworld, after all.

---

All I'm saying is, yes, Joe can be snarky, but from my point of view, the fans started it. They took a small statement, blew it out of proportion, and used it to insult TPTB (I've seen it). Joe is just responding in kind.

I know I would...and have.

Comment

I personally think that Joe is simply doing his job. And, I think he's very good at it. He has adapted well to the reality of greater fan access to the show due to the availability of the Internet.
          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

There is that - the greater access afforded by the internet. Although he doesn't have to make himself accessible. I enjoy the blog...the food commentary is interesting and the snippets about the show tantilizing. However, I've noted that the *way* he says things sometimes is what riles folks more than the content. Perhaps it is in keeping with his villain personna?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
              [B][COLOR=darkorchid]Much as I enjoy it, this interactiveness between the fans and the shows is starting to weird me out. For example, ShadowMa'at, on visiting the 2005 Vancouver con) was shocked to find out that people involved in the shows, including some actors, knew her screen name and treated her as something of a mini-celebrity. Last year, she chided me for not using my screen name at the con. She said more people from the show would know me by my Gateworld name than by my real name (and I was a walk-on winner). That really gave me pause. Joe! Joe, are you here?
              Fandom instills a false sense of familiarity. we know a lot about the actors, etc., but to them, we're just strangers at cons. some fans gain a reputation on the boards, but to other fans their monikers on GW are meaningless. Most fans I see at cons just use their regular old given names

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Well, he had good teachers, considering he does lurk at Gateworld, after all.

All I'm saying is, yes, Joe can be snarky, but from my point of view, the fans started it. They took a small statement, blew it out of proportion, and used it to insult TPTB (I've seen it). Joe is just responding in kind.

I know I would...and have.
              Uh, it's a two-way street. The fans and Joe have been having a go at each other for years now. We'd have to dig back several years to see who said the first snarky thing, and even then, it might be up for discussion. Joe has insulted fans too (and journalists<G>), but he does it in a condescending approach.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              There is that - the greater access afforded by the internet. Although he doesn't have to make himself accessible. I enjoy the blog...the food commentary is interesting and the snippets about the show tantilizing. However, I've noted that the *way* he says things sometimes is what riles folks more than the content. Perhaps it is in keeping with his villain personna?
              He's definitely got a way with how he says things, which yes, is what riles up most fans (and some journalists)

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

Uh, it's a two-way street. The fans and Joe have been having a go at each other for years now. We'd have to dig back several years to see who said the first snarky thing, and even then, it might be up for discussion. Joe has insulted fans too (and journalists<G>), but he does it in a condescending approach.
                To be brutally honest , I've seen worse from fans. Much worse.

Comment

I think that Joe really ought to stop digging his ow grave. There are a minority among us who enjoy his comments because he actually takes a stiff stance against some of the more radical sects of fandom, but given his position, that's really not the right thing to do.

Comment

To Joe M,

You have done nothing but make lude remarks towards the fans and the cast. You dissed Richard Dean Anderson and his character of Jack O'neill when he left, saying "oh it was not like he has been there anyway" Do me a favor, Wright and Cooper might of given you the decision making on SGA FOR NOW, leave the writing to Carl Binder and Martin Gero, they are the one writing the good eps. I think you should just be in charge if they need more sugar and milk at the snack stand on set. If you did not have such an attitude I would respect you more. You have written some good eps, but when you don't have respect for the fans and cast, or make these remarks well sorry. I have no respect for you.

Good Day Sir! You get nothing!!

Brian
                    sigpic

Comment

To be brutally honest , I've seen worse from fans. Much worse.

Of course fans have behaved worse (in general, across the board). I've seen a select few act so badly I can't imagine how they can keep a job if they behave like that all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
                        Then she (along with some/a few others) largely ignored what other posters said (who provided alternate takes of JM's sentences and quoted JM from other sources) to take the confusion out of there. What happened to "when in doubt, assume good faith"? Oh yeah right, because if The Fans[tm] did that it would mean they would follow TPTB blindly into death.
                        Well, to be fair there's a bit of deliberate ignorance happening on both sides of the fence. How else do you explain all the scorn and ridicule being dumped on some fans by other fans who insist on condemning them for thinking TPTB should kowtow to every demand when I don't think I've seen a single person say any such thing and when some people have gone to great lengths to explain what they DO mean regarding the whole PTB/fan relationship?

Oh and Hats, I wouldn't say I got treated as any kind of celeb (although the enthusiastic hug from Rainbow is still a highlight), but just the idea of anyone from the show knowing who I am still gives me the jeebies.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
                          I think that Joe really ought to stop digging his ow grave. There are a minority among us who enjoy his comments because he actually takes a stiff stance against some of the more radical sects of fandom, but given his position, that's really not the right thing to do.
                          I disagree. I love his outspokenness.

We don't need a jelly-boned wimp for a producer. He should be allowed to say whatever the hell he wants, just like all people. If The Fans[tm] can't take it, tough.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          To Joe M,

You have done nothing but make lude remarks towards the fans and the cast. You dissed Richard Dean Anderson and his character of Jack O'neill when he left, saying "oh it was not like he has been there anyway" Do me a favor, Wright and Cooper might of given you the decision making on SGA FOR NOW, leave the writing to Carl Binder and Martin Gero, they are the one writing the good eps. I think you should just be in charge if they need more sugar and milk at the snack stand on set. If you did not have such an attitude I would respect you more. You have written some good eps, but when you don't have respect for the fans and cast, or make these remarks well sorry. I have no respect for you.

Good Day Sir! You get nothing!!

Brian
                          Have you watched 200? There, the "cast and crew" were joking about RDA and Michael Shank's little...uh...sojourn elsewhere, but they take it in stride. Having seen the specials on the DVDs, I think the Stargate cast and crew don't really care about this sort of stuff. It's snarky, and it's family.

As for the "insults" to fans, well, like I said, I've see worse.

Comment

We don't need a jelly-boned wimp for a producer. He should be allowed to say whatever the hell he wants, just like all people. If The Fans[tm] can't take it, tough.

Have you watched 200? There, the "cast and crew" were joking about RDA and Michael Shank's little...uh...sojourn elsewhere, but they take it in stride. Having seen the specials on the DVDs, I think the Stargate cast and crew don't really care about this sort of stuff. It's snarky, and it's family.

As for the "insults" to fans, well, like I said, I've see worse.
                            No its living SG-1 over again for Joe M. RDA left he had to make a comment, now with the SGA changes he has the same attitude. Its not the cast and crew they seem to get along, its Joe M.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm one of the few thought "200" was a wasted episode, as was "Wormhole X-treme"... Sure, JM can be as outspoken as he wants to be, but then he shoudln't complain if fans bounce it back at him

Comment

Since when has he complained? All I see is awesome (and most of the time, well deserved) comebacks.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                No its living SG-1 over again for Joe M. RDA left he had to make a comment, now with the SGA changes he has the same attitude. Its not the cast and crew they seem to get along, its Joe M.
                                How do you know this? I've seen the writers and actors (Carl Binder, Martin Gero, David Hewlett, and maybe others) come to his house to have diner (from his blog), so I think you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X