Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Ah hon *huggles* I think McKay has had some great development over the years. He's still as snarky as ever, but i'll grant you some days it's more of a whinge than his acerbic wit. (and I mean that in a good way)
    lol, that is my point. I don't mind him being written snarky with real bite but sometimes Martin resorts to what is an immature exchange, usually between Sheppard and McKay.

I hope Sheppard gets better treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
      *sigh* Wouldn't that be nice? MG is a great writer, and I'd love to see him write something as good for Shep as he does for McKay.
      SQUEEE!!!! Well, Conversion was his story, so my glass is filled to the top!
      My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
      Sig and avi by me
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        That was Parma. As I recall, she was a doctor/scientist, not a nurse.
        *ahem* Perna. I know PM's Scottish accent could get a wee bit mangled from time to time in Season 1 but still.... Parma is a kind of ham...
        sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-22-2007.html

July 22

Photos: Breakfast, books, and Ross Hull of "Student Bodies", "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" and the Weather Channel fame.

Write-Up: A brief restaurant review of Rob Cooper's House; a project with Ross Hull that I will sure to try to catch on the Weather Network in the coming days; an a short update on Joe's reading list.

Questions:

Anonymous #1 writes: “ I'm very excited about the Joe Flanigan pitched script. So when he comes to you with one, is it just a vague idea that all the writers hash out or does he have a more developed plot ?”

Answer: In this case, it was a very vague idea that we are hashing out.

Anonymous #2 writes: “When the newest stargate series comes to the public eye, will you have a hand in writing for some of the episodes?”

Answer: It’s way too early to say, however, if Brad and Robert would like us to write a script or two, we’d be more than happy to oblige.

Jason writes: “How are the background actors selected and do you audition them or just say this guys looks like a scientist and that guy looks like a soldier?”

Answer: We don’t audition extras. We simply tell our Extras Casting Director what we are looking for in a given episode and she will draw from her talent list.

Pauline writes: “Do you think of an actor you would like to appear in SGA, and then create the character for them or does the character come and then an actor fit the roll.”

Answer: We usually write the script first and then cast the role. In rare instances, we may hear an actor might be interested in the role, in which case we will write the part with him (or her) in mind. This was the case when Fred Willard played Vala’s father in Family Ties.

Craig writes: “Any chance of being told what role you had in mind for the lovey Miss Lilly?”

Answer: Don’t recall, but I don’t think it was SGA.

Anonymous #3 writes: “On the Shep back story and going to earth, very cool. Its got to be pretty drastic, we're talking about a guy who didn't feel the need to send a message home to anyone with everyone else, nor has shown to have any links back on Earth that he wishes to keep.”

Answer: Indeed. Odd, no?

Atlantisfannew1 a ecrit: “Un tournage d un épisode sa dur combient de temp?”

Reponse: Sept jours.

Shawna writes: “Well, Sci-Fi, ideally, but I don't want to write something that no one here will understand.”

Answer: Then pick a genre show - something like Supernatural or Smallville.

Anonymous #5 writes: “Since I'm pretty new to fandom I had no idea that you didn't like Michael. But judging by all the comments you're unscreening on your blog about O.S., Daniel/MS fans…”

Answer: Congratulations. You’ve posted the single stupidest comment I’ve had the pleasure to approve in quite some time.

Redhooks writes: “Do you think the production quality might be better with the extra time?”

Answer: The production schedule is pretty much set in stone so the late premiere doesn’t really change how much time we spend shooting the episodes. Where it does give us some leeway, however, is in post - allowing us to switch around the production order to accommodate things like pregnancies and such.
          Last edited by PG15; 24 July 2007, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
            Anonymous #5 writes: “Since I'm pretty new to fandom I had no idea that you didn't like Michael. But judging by all the comments you're unscreening on your blog about O.S., Daniel/MS fans…”

Answer: Congratulations. You’ve posted the single stupidest comment I’ve had the pleasure to approve in quite some time.
            ahahahahahahaha burnt. If whoever posted that is reading this - LOL.
            Last edited by Agent_Dark; 22 July 2007, 06:16 PM.

Comment

That is indeed one of the biggest leaps of logic I've ever seen in fandom.

Man, I can't imagine just how biases-blinded some of these people are. It's frightening.

Comment

Answer: The production schedule is pretty much set in stone so the late premiere doesn’t really change how much time we spend shooting the episodes. Where it does give us some leeway, however, is in post - allowing us to switch around the production order to accommodate things like pregnancies and such
                something for folks to file away when they read spoilers and go....umm, but you can't do that because you just did this and......

if the show is rearranging taping to accomodate rachel, folks need to remmber this when spoilers come out
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Man, I can't imagine just how biases-blinded some of these people are. It's frightening.
                  I missed something. What in the world are they talking about?
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    I missed something. What in the world are they talking about?
                    some noob site where all they do is cry. anything remotely positive about sam - cry. anything remotely negative about daniel - cry. ganked at alliance starting point by lvl70 horde - cry.

Comment

folks, be it in joe's blog or not...what happens on other forums, stays on other forums.

Leave the wank where it is, we have plenty here anyway.

Just trying to head off a topic before it gets going and i wake up to a mess tomorrow morning
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ooops. Sorry, Skydiver!
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          folks, be it in joe's blog or not...what happens on other forums, stays on other forums.

Leave the wank where it is, we have plenty here anyway.

Just trying to head off a topic before it gets going and i wake up to a mess tomorrow morning
                          Oh, but it's so incredibly entertaining!

"Fandom wank... when you're too cheap to rent a movie."
                          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

On the other hand, having seen this before in other fandoms, it could be a person simply posting the most outlandish question to see if it would be asked. Of course, the reaction to the post (not JM's) shows a lot more about fans too....

Went back to read the offending post people are sniping about "Wow Joe, Since I'm pretty new to fandom I had no idea that you didn't like Michael. But judging by all the comments you're unscreening on your blog about O.S., Daniel/MS fans, and msstargate saying how she enjoys bashing MS as much as the next guy it's sort of obvious. I apologize for asking you about Daniel doing a guest spot on Atlantis since it probably put you on the spot. I won't be asking again.

I wanted to add that reading alot of these comments today really makes me sad. I've really enjoyed your blog up until now but after reading alot of the comments today I don't think any Daniel/Michael fans are welcome here. Even if most of his fans, like myself, are not involved with O.S.
                            "

And then I went and read the rest of the comments, and yes, JM does let through a lot of childish, immature posts of fans venting against other fans, probably just for amusement purposes to watch fandom flame each other. Since 'anonymous' said they were new to fandom, let's try to take their word for it, and they come on to a blog from a producer, so said fan might actually think said producer won't act as bad as the fans.... poor fan ...
                            Last edited by prion; 23 July 2007, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              *ahem* Perna. I know PM's Scottish accent could get a wee bit mangled from time to time in Season 1 but still.... Parma is a kind of ham...
                              I hate Perna's name. It means 'leg' in Portuguese.
                              My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                              Sig and avi by me
                              Spoiler:

Comment

"Poor fan" just needs to take a look at JM's archives, and they'll see that it's not an isolated incident that targets only one fanbase or actor. Certainly a brief look around fandom itself would tell "poor fan" that much.

Comment

Working...
                                X