Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    Uh, no, I know people who have stopped watching shows when their favorite chracter got killed or the actor left as that person was the reason they watched.
    Oh, I'm not doubting that. I just questioned whether a hundred percent (or even anywhere close to that) of them actually do so when they said they would. (You can even observe a similar kind of behavior when someone has a "I'll-leave-this-forum" fit and they'll stay and stay long after their announcement.)

And if you count all the viewers who will leave the show for a different reason than the killing off (which we know DID happened between S2 and S3 as well as between S9 and S10 when no-one was killed off), then it sounds reasonable when the producers want to fix the different reasons first (in whatever way, even by controversial cast changes) before they pay attention to fans predicting doom that might happen or not happen at all.

Weir's appearances will probably depend upon negotiations. Torri might be better off just hopefully getting a new series instead of going through the crap with the producers, who seemingly can't let go of Carter. I think I would be surprised if she got more than four episodes. Really. And good scenes/dialogue and not just five minutes here or there.
    I think TH knows more than we do. And I wouldn't be surprised to read "TH joins show xyz" online tomorrow.

As to GW getting new posters, sure, but when fans lose interest in the show, many don't bother canceling their online members to boards like this. You'd probably find a decent number of people who don't bother to visit the site or post anymore... it's like that in all fandoms, or all boards, unless they have an automated system that verifies membership every once and while. It's just life.
    I don't doubt that either. But when you look at the statistics for gateworld, and (in worst case which won't happen) ALL the posters who joined two years ago suddenly decided to quit their membership, gateworld would still have the same number of posters (also known as fans if they aren't trolls) as last year before the two-yearers started to quit. It's a simple math balance thing. ETA: That might or might not change in the near future. I guess the numbers will go down because there won't be much more SG-1 for once.

Right, what was the topic of the thread again?
    Last edited by sgeureka; 23 February 2007, 01:05 PM. Reason: grammar
    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post

Right, what was the topic of the thread.
      Mallozzi has a blog. He answers questions and talks about food on it.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
        Oh, I'm not doubting that. I just questioned whether a hundred percent (or even anywhere close to that) of them actually do so when they said they would. (You can even observe a similar kind of behavior when someone has a "I'll-leave-this-forum" fit and they'll stay and stay long after their announcement.)

And if you count all the viewers who will leave the show for a different reason than the killing off (which we know DID happened between S2 and S3 as well as between S9 and S10 when no-one was killed off), then it sounds reasonable when the producers want to fix the different reasons first (in whatever way, even by controversial cast changes) before they pay attention to fans predicting doom that might happen or not happen at all.

I think TH knows more than we do. And I wouldn't be surprised to read "TH joins show xyz" online tomorrow.

I don't doubt that either. But when you look at the statistics for gateworld, and (in worst case which won't happen) ALL the posters who joined two years ago suddenly decided to quit their membership, gateworld would still have the same number of posters (also known as fans if they aren't trolls) as last year before the two-yearers started to quit. It's a simple math balance thing. ETA: That might or might not change in the near future. I guess the numbers will go down because there won't be much more SG-1 for once.
        Gotta admit i only see membership numbers and don't bother with statistics on this board. Most people who join never quit and erase memberships. They just never come back. But stats on a fan board are meaningless to TPTB as it's Nielsen viewership that more or less decides whether the show lives or dies.

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
        Mallozzi has a blog. He answers questions and talks about food on it.
        Wel,l he answers some questions, but not always with an answer. He can be very vague at times.

Comment

Since Joe's newest entry will get posted eventually anyway, I'll just say this in response:

It was hilarious.

*puts on flame-retardant clothing for upcoming flame-fest*

Comment

He answered my question too:
            UberAmandaFan writes: “SciFi won't start SGA up until FALL??? […] Do you know why they're doing this?”

Answer: I believe it has something to do with the network’s decision to give their fans year-round original programming.
            I can't begin to express how infuriating and idiotic this decision truly is to me.

I was kinda hoping for something to do with their scheduling so they can accommodate the cast or had some logistical problem that required a delay. But to see that this is yet another bone-headed decision from SciFi makes my teeth grind.

I guess they're continuing with this "year-round original programming" plan because it's been such a rip-roaring success for their flagship shows thus far, huh? *sigh*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I just love Joe's wit. He is seriously funny.

"Oh, thanks to all the fans over at Gateworld who have taken the time to create threads in my honor. Special mention should be made of poster minigeek who’s thread “Fan opinion has ZERO impact on storytelling, Mallozzi says” is interesting if not misleading given that I never said these words attributed to me. In the spirit of fairplay, I have started an alternate blog titled “I eat small puppies, minigeek says” which can be found here: http://ieatsmallpuppiesminigeeksays.wordpress.com/"
              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

And that link really works.

Comment

Haha! Go Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post

"Oh, thanks to all the fans over at Gateworld who have taken the time to create threads in my honor. Special mention should be made of poster minigeek who’s thread “Fan opinion has ZERO impact on storytelling, Mallozzi says” is interesting if not misleading given that I never said these words attributed to me. In the spirit of fairplay, I have started an alternate blog titled “I eat small puppies, minigeek says” which can be found here: http://ieatsmallpuppiesminigeeksays.wordpress.com/
                    LOL! That is great! And yeah the link does work.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post

"Oh, thanks to all the fans over at Gateworld who have taken the time to create threads in my honor. Special mention should be made of poster minigeek who’s thread “Fan opinion has ZERO impact on storytelling, Mallozzi says” is interesting if not misleading given that I never said these words attributed to me. In the spirit of fairplay, I have started an alternate blog titled “I eat small puppies, minigeek says” which can be found here: http://ieatsmallpuppiesminigeeksays.wordpress.com/"

Well, after reading his latest answers to questions, we now know Weir's reduction in status has nothing to do with Carter coming over. JM says the decision about Weir was taken BEFORE they decided to bring over Carter. Hmmmm, maybe that NBC survey did have something to do with what happened to Weir?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post

Well, after reading his latest answers to questions, we now know Weir's reduction in status has nothing to do with Carter coming over. JM says the decision about Weir was taken BEFORE they decided to bring over Carter. Hmmmm, maybe that NBC survey did have something to do with what happened to Weir?
                        Well, considering they've stated that they make the creative decisions thay want to rather than following fans' whims... I'd say hardly. I'd hope hardly.
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                          Well, considering they've stated that they make the creative decisions thay want to rather than following fans' whims... I'd say hardly. I'd hope hardly.
                          Ah, but that was NBC sending out the survey, not the producers. If the network wanted something, the producers might have to just do what they say. Who knows?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                            Ah, but that was NBC sending out the survey, not the producers. If the network wanted something, the producers might have to just do what they say. Who knows?
                            Hey, I've been a supporter of that particular conspiracy theory since the day it was rumoured Beckett was being killed off....
                            *sobs quietly into chocolate*
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                              Hey, I've been a supporter of that particular conspiracy theory since the day it was rumoured Beckett was being killed off....
                              *sobs quietly into chocolate*
                              It's hardly a conspiracy theory, it could just well be the truth, then again it might easily be totally not the case as well. As I said, who knows? Well obviously the men in suits...
                              sigpic

Comment

Jessica writes: “You might want to ask David Hewlett about the boos he got when he mentioned that Amanda was going to be in 14 episodes at a recent con in the UK. That's right. People booed.”
                                That is REALLY horrible. Seriously, imagine how Amanda would feel when she heard about that. Some people really are ignorant pigs.

Answer: Well, David Hewlett may have been surprised when a certain group of fans booed an actress for doing nothing more than accepting a job to help support her family, but me - not so much. What can I say? Congratulations to all those who embarrassed themselves and the performers who made the long trek to spend time with you all. Classy.
                                Good on you, Joe.

I am now officially a Joe Mallozzi fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X