Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post

What would we do if you were to get a life?
    Fortunately, that may never be a problem.

I tried to green you, but i'm afraid you'll have to settle with this instead until I can get some more. Disgusting but effective.
    I love it!

Comment

Speaking of things I love...

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...ne-1-2007.html

June 1

Oh, so much Stargaty goodies with this one. But, let's not break the tradition...even though this paragraph sort of does that...meh.

Photos: Continuum! Pics included are Brad Wright smiling for the camera with Martin Wood by his side; Ba'al's first prime Teal'c, also smiling for the camera; one of Ba'al's Jaffas talking to his real God/boss, Brad Wright; Martin Wood studying...something (nice Stargate SG1 shirt!); Ivon Bartok filming the ladies (ok, 1 lady, and she's VFX Supervisor Michelle Comens...she's also purty ) and a JM in black; Lawren Bancroft Wilson ready for torture; Another set piece (which I think I saw them constructing when I drove by Bridge Studios this morning...hey, even Joe doesn't know what it is!); and finally...a broken car?

Write-Up: All related to Stargate...ah, what the hell, here it is in its whole:

No sooner do I get finished chipping away at Reunion to get it down to time, than the director’s cut of This Mortal Coil comes in at two minutes under. Two minutes! And so, I had Alex print me up a copy of the script that I could look over this weekend and hopefully find a place for what, back on SG-1, we would refer to as the “Hammond orders the pizza“ scene. You know, that scene that, at its best, fits seamlessly into an episode (the whole golfing through the stargate sequence in Window of Opportunity for example), and, at it’s worst, well -

INT. HAMMOND’S OFFICE - DAY

Hammond sits at his desk, deep in thought. He opens his desk drawer and shuffles through the papers therein. He searches, finally finds what he is looking for - some sort of flyer - and sets it down. He gives it a quick perusal, then picks up the phone and dials.

Beat.

HAMMOND
      Hello. I’d like to order a large barbecue chicken pizza.
      Yes. Extra onions, please.

Dr. Fraiser steps into the doorway, sees he is on the phone and turns to go, but Hammond stops her with an upraised finger. He motions her in. Fraiser approaches. Hammond cups his hand over the phone and informs her -

HAMMOND
      Care to join me for some pizza, doctor?

FRAISER
      I’d love to, General. What are we getting?

HAMMOND
      Barbecue chicken with extra onions.

Fraiser grimaces. Hammond picks up on this. Back to the phone -

HAMMOND
      I’m sorry. Could you make that a barbecue chicken,
      but with no onions.

He throws Fraiser a look who smiles back appreciatively.

HAMMOND
      Yes, that’ll be all.

Suddenly, Fraiser remembers something. She waves to get Hammond’s attention and loudly whispers -

FRAISER
      Do they still have the Crazy Bread?

Etc. And, before you know it, you’ve got your extra minute-long scene that slips seamlessly into the cut. Just slip a bit of ADR into the episode tag where an O.S. Fraiser says “Thanks again for the pizza, General” and that’s that. Of course, we like to mix things up. It’s not always Hammond ordering the pizza and, occasionally, it’s not even pizza but meatball subs, spicy Thai and, if we’re really feeling bold, falafel.

Of course, this is really the eye of the storm. An eerie calm has settled over the writing department as we suddenly realize: no one is writing. Paul and Alan have just finished their producer cut of The Seer in which Richard Woolsey pops in for an impromptu visit. Martin has just finished up his pass on Miller’s Crossing and seen the war council convene for Be All My Sins Remember’d. Alan’s Spoils of War is almost prepped and ready to shoot, promising wraithy revelations. And Carl is putting the finishing touches on Quarantine, an episode in which an imposed isolation tests various relationships around the base. Off Reunion, I head into This Mortal Coil but not before…

We start the spinning. There’s the other Earth-based episode Joe F. pitched out. The return-of-that-character two-parter with its Fargo-esque first part, the big team-up eppy, and the puzzle piece. AND, Rob has promised us his director’s cut of The Ark of Truth.
      Now...hold on a minute.

Spoiler:
      SQUEEEEEEE!!!

I mean, ahem...uh...I caught it from the Shep Whumpers, I swear!

Questions:

Anonymous #1 writes: “Is Quarantine one of Amanda Tapping's 14 episodes?”

Answer: Yup.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Do you know if there are any other script ideas for future SG-1 movies? Who would write them?”

Answer: The fate of any new SG-1 movies rests on how well The Ark of Truth and Continuum perform. When the time comes, Rob and Brad will be doing the honors.

Zabadoo writes: “If one is a fairly talented writer that keeps getting better and finding fresher ideas, how hard might it be to find work in Vancouver? Would it be easier than LA?”

Answer: Simply based on the number of ongoing productions, I’d say L.A. is the place to be.

Scifi Fan writes: “ It seems to me that Sheppard does a majority of the rescues and getting himself out of trouble. Are you going to have a ep where he has to totally rely on his team to rescue him?”

Answer: Yup. Something like that.

---

Now, we in the blog-posting business would call something like this...A slam dunk, baby.

Yes, the "baby" part is needed.
      Last edited by PG15; 01 June 2007, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Well I had more time today so I asked Joe about the McKay "John" thing...

What's the bet they end up writing a scene where Sam and John stand out on the balcony to fill up the two *missing* minutes?

I am sure that is why Weir and Sheppard use to go out there, fill up dead air.

EDIT: I read the comment before mine. And here I was worried I wasn't being articulate enough.
        Last edited by Willow'sCat; 01 June 2007, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
          What's the bet they end up writing a scene where Sam and John stand out on the balcony to fill up the two *missing* minutes?
          And Carter orders some pizza? Though technically it should be Carter and Keller then

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            Spoiler:
            SQUEEEEEEE!!!

I mean, ahem...uh...I caught it from the Shep Whumpers, I swear!
            Well, if that's the only thing you caught from us, you've done well!

Can anyone speculate on the 'Fargo-esqe' analogy? I never watched the movie, and wondered if it gives some sort of clue to the way in which certain people reappear in the first part of the two parter?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post

Can anyone speculate on the 'Fargo-esqe' analogy? I never watched the movie, and wondered if it gives some sort of clue to the way in which certain people reappear in the first part of the two parter?
              Not sure I get his reference, having watch Fargo a lot I don't know, it maybe the way it was filmed, the look of the movie.

It tended to be *for me* more like watching events unfold at a distance, almost like you were a voyeur. *shrugs* I don't know.

It had kidnapping by inept peeps, and stamps. Oh the main character was preggers... what ep are we talking about again? Ooh right Miller's Crossing, wow is Jeannie pregnant!?!

Comment

They're going to return after having gone through a wood chipper?

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  Not sure I get his reference, having watch Fargo a lot I don't know, it maybe the way it was filmed, the look of the movie.

It tended to be *for me* more like watching events unfold at a distance, almost like you were a voyeur. *shrugs* I don't know.

It had kidnapping by inept peeps, and stamps. Oh the main character was preggers... what ep are we talking about again? Ooh right Miller's Crossing, wow is Jeannie pregnant!?!
                  I think JM was talking about the return of a deceased character's episode actually! Thanks for the speculation though! It doesn't really help me because obviously JM's reference is pretty vague, as usual! So I guess we still have no idea what he's on about! Unless we're going to be watching kidnappings!
                  Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  A wood chipper? Do I want to know?
                  sigpic

Comment

RE: The fargo-esque analogy. I wonder if JM was hinting about the Mrs Miller's Crossing story where.

Spoiler and spec
                    Spoiler:
                    From the imdb, the Fargo film relates to a kidnapping that takes a turn for the worse... so I wonder if he means that it has these elements in it?

Comment

RE: The fargo-esque analogy. I wonder if JM was hinting about the Mrs Miller's Crossing story where.

Spoiler and spec
                      Spoiler:
                      From the imdb, the Fargo film relates to a kidnapping that takes a turn for the worse... so I wonder if he means that it has these elements in it?
                      Well from the snippets from Fargo you guys have told me, it does sound a bit like Miller's Crossing, but JM specifically said it was the first of the two parter concerning the return of a character - so I'm still clueless! Nothing new there then!

To quote from the blog entry:
                      The return-of-that-character two-parter with its Fargo-esque first part, the big team-up eppy...
                      sigpic

Comment

Well from the snippets from Fargo you guys have told me, it does sound a bit like Miller's Crossing, but JM specifically said it was the first of the two parter concerning the return of a character - so I'm still clueless! Nothing new there then!

To quote from the blog entry:
                        The return-of-that-character two-parter with its Fargo-esque first part, the big team-up eppy...
                        *iz confused* But then again it doesn't take much these days... Unless, Miller's crossing is somehow tied in with TMC and BAMSR? Either Joe is trying to tie us all up in knots, or he got mixed up again

Do we know who 'that' character is yet? I know a few people are thinking it's
                        Spoiler:
                        Carson
                        but maybe it's someone else? Maybe it's Jeanie?

Now i'm just speculating wildly, so i'm gonna shut up...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                          Good! I'm not the only one who's first thought was the woodchipper!
                          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

*iz confused* But then again it doesn't take much these days... Unless, Miller's crossing is somehow tied in with TMC and BAMSR? Either Joe is trying to tie us all up in knots, or he got mixed up again

Do we know who 'that' character is yet? I know a few people are thinking it's
                            Spoiler:
                            Carson
                            but maybe it's someone else? Maybe it's Jeanie?

Now i'm just speculating wildly, so i'm gonna shut up...
                            JM is talking about episodes they have yet to write, the ones they're spinning at the moment. Miller's Crossing and the three parter type cliffhanger mid season eppies, (TMC, BAMSR and Spoils of War have all been written,) have been written too. So, the two-parter he's mentioning, must be
                            Spoiler:
                            Carson. We know he's returning in a 2 part episode, so I think it's logical to assume JM is talking about the episodes with Carson in them, because those haven't been written yet

Does that make sense? These clues are quite vague!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
                              Good! I'm not the only one who's first thought was the woodchipper!
                              believe me, i heard FARGO and instantly thought woodchipper myself!

Comment

Me too, and I never even seen the film.

Comment

Working...
                                X