Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His given name could also be upper class pretentious with a family surname or place name as his moniker. Something like Wellington or Wellesly or Watkins or Weston. He could be Weston James Lorne IV. No wonder everyone calls him Lorne.

Sky has checked out the baby name book. Has anyone been through any of the literary classics which could have inspired our series' scribes?
    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
      His given name could also be upper class pretentious with a family surname or place name as his moniker. Something like Wellington or Wellesly or Watkins or Weston. He could be Weston James Lorne IV. No wonder everyone calls him Lorne.

Sky has checked out the baby name book. Has anyone been through any of the literary classics which could have inspired our series' scribes?
      Ha! I like it!
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

i totally love this pic http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...0/DSC05409.JPG
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

just don't call him wesley...can't handle a wesley
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Welby. It'd nicely mock all of us who've been calling him Marcus (Marcus Welby, MD).

Wyeth. Name of a painter.

Wart. Heh. Sword in the Stone.

Whistler. Also art-related and doubles as a BC place name (and a Buffy name, too). It'd be even funnier if Lorne couldn't actually whistle.

Wilberforce. Egad.

Comment

i have a great uncle Wilbur

and it'd fit in with charlotte's web too

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                i have a great uncle Wilbur

and it'd fit in with charlotte's web too
                I have an Uncle Wilbur, too. His nickname is "Web". (I don't think it has anything to do with Charlotte's Web, though....just a coincidence.)

Comment

just don't call him wesley...can't handle a wesley
                  Wesley! My love!!

-channelling The Princess Bride

I certainly wasn't thinking of Wesley Crusher!

suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

It's Westly from Princess Bride. WESTly.

Maybe Joe was still feeling sick from food poisoning and hit W when he meant to hit E. They ARE right next to each other on the keyboard...

Comment

yes, westley i can deal with...but no wesley. i'm still scarred from little brat crusher

sigpic

Comment

yes, westley i can deal with...but no wesley. i'm still scarred from little brat crusher
                        But Wil Wheaton is so made of awesome!
                        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Joe is a little late with his blog today isn't he?
                          Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                            Joe is a little late with his blog today isn't he?
                            I know! I've got my coffee ready and no blog to read. What on earth do I do? My morning ritual has gone to pot!

I feel withdrawl symptoms settling in. Help! It's become my morning routine now...and I really shouldn't expect a blog every morning because I know he must be busy. But.... what do I do with myself now! *sniff*

I may need counselling after this.

Comment

Lots of questions answered today, just not mine.

Mailbag -

Anonymous #1 writes: “What does Rob Cooper make on the grill that’s tasty?”

Answer: Last Summer, he barbecued a pig and some venison. Rumor has it he also smokes a pretty mean duck.

Scififan writes: “Are you a marshmallow or non-marshmallow man? Spiked or not spiked?”

Answer: Non on both count.

PUG15 writes: “Oh, and any chance of one of these read-throughs ending up as a DVD extra? Pretty please?”
                              Answer: Sadly, no. The producers do such a brilliant job that, out of the respect for the actors, we won’t allow our performances to be aired.

Edward4th writes: “Who decides what goes onto the DVDs as special features?”
                              Answer: Ivon Bartok is the guy to talk to when it comes to the special features.

Vikitty writes: “Hve you ever taken part in the Halloween Film Haunt @ Bridge?”
                              Answer: No. I scare easily.

Silver writes: “Assuming a book has had good reviews or been highly recommended by a trusted source, how much effort do you put into it before discarding it?”

Answer: I will make an effort to read the first 100 pages of a book. If it hasn’t grabbed me by then, I’m moving on.

Silver also writes: “Excluding non-fiction or classic literature , do you ever finish a book you dislike for the sake of 'cultural literacy'; to discuss or debate it?”
                              Answer: No. If I’m not deriving any enjoyment from reading a book, I will set it aside regardless of its weighty significance.

Silver also writes: “What compels you to buy a book from an author you're totally unfamiliar with & no one has recommended?”

Answer: Most of the books I have picked up were recommendations. I may pick up a book if I enjoyed some part work by the same author and, may on occasion, impulse by if a book happens to grab my interest while I’m browsing.

Shawna writes: “I am a huge Michael fan, I wonder if you could tell us how many eps he's in next season, and how long we'll have to wait to see him?”

Answer: Chances are we may see him in the back half of season four.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Does David Hewlett always do read throughs in costume?”

Answer: The read-throughs are held during lunch so if the actors are working that day, they are usually in costume.

Anonymous #3 writes: “By the way your blog receives about 3000 hits a day and quite a few comments.. Is this a sort of phenonomon?”

Answer: Yeah, about 3000 visit’s a day, but I have no other blogs to compare traffic to so I have no idea if these numbers are all that huge. Above average I suppose but I couldn’t say for certain.

Stargate Groupie writes: “What is the strangest situation or strangest location you have been at when an idea for a story or an idea for a script that you have been working on has popped in to your head?”

Answer: While sitting in the dentist’s chair, partway through a history exam, in the middle of a wedding ceremony.

Kiwigater writes: “Have you changed camera's lately Joe? Your piccies are looking quite spiffy :-D The prefix "DSC" suggests a Sony?”
                              Answer: Still the same old Sony HD camera.

Namiko writes: “Do the wait staff look at you weird when you start taking pictures, or are they used to you by now?”
                              Answer: They’re on to me.

Anonymous #4 writes: “Which Pohl collection did you get, The Platinum Pohl (recent) or The Best of Frederick Pohl (out-of-print, but worthwhile).”

Answer: I have both but the collection I picked up yesterday was The Best of Frederick Pohl (I managed to track down a perfect copy at a local second-hand bookstore).

Shannon writes: “When you had your chocolate party a while back you had some chocolates sent in from Denver if I remember correctly. Where did you order them from?”

Answer: Wen Chocolates - www.wenchocolates.com

Sopadiggle writes: “What type of computer/laptop do you use when writing the episodes?”

Answer: I work on a Sony Vaio.

Atlantisfannew1 a ecrit: “Ou avez vous apris a parler francais?”

Reponse: J’ai appris a parler francais dans les ecoles primaires et secondaires en Montreal.

Kali Weir a ecrit: “Quel épisode tournez-vous en ce moment?”
                              Reponse: Mai on se rappelle tous mes péchés.

Anonymous #5 writes: “I'm in Louisiana, heart of all great Cajun food!”

Answer: Next time I travel to your neck of the woods, I’ll be sure to drop by. How’s your jambalaya?

Anonymous #6 writes: “ Are you involved in the development of "Stargate Universe"? IS there any development??? Anything you could tell, please?”

Answer: That’s Rob and Brad’s baby, so I’ll leave it to them to fill you in on their progress.

Speckles writes: “Would you try Kangaroo if offered?”
                              Answer: I had a kangaroo burger once. It wasn’t a pleasant experience.

Lorr54 writes: “I've made truffles and sent you a few dozen. […] Licking the ganache bowl was a dirty job, but I did it.”
                              Answer: Uh, did you do it before or after you made the truffles?

Panikin writes: “I really like to write, not too sure if I want to do it proffessionally yet, but I always have problems tying up the ends, as well as coming up with clever titles that really grab interest. Do you have any pointers?”
                              Answer: Get Carl to do it. He’s great at that stuff.

Sarah writes: “Frederick Pohl is a lovely man. I was fortunate to have dinner with him along with my friends the Haldemans.”

Answer: Well, if you happen to see either Frederick Pohl or Joe Haldeman in the near future - and provided they know what the hell you’re talking about - tell them they have more than a few fans at Stargate.

Dsbeerf writes: “I hate to be negative, but you've RUINED my image of Jason (Ronon) ! Sitting there eating with David, and wearing GLASSES !”
                              Answer: Hello! Those are “shielding” lenses. The only reason he wears them is to keep the blood and viscera from getting into his eyes when he wails on people. P.S. I’m telling him what you said.
                              Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                                I know! I've got my coffee ready and no blog to read. What on earth do I do? My morning ritual has gone to pot!

I feel withdrawl symptoms settling in. Help! It's become my morning routine now...and I really shouldn't expect a blog every morning because I know he must be busy. But.... what do I do with myself now! *sniff*

I may need counselling after this.
                                Try this remedy:
                                http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com
                                Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X