Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone a little worried about this 3rd Series?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by obsessed1 View Post
    I agree with you and know exactly waht you are saying. I'm really concerned about there being a new series. It feels like they are doing it for the sake of it and I wish they would let Atlantis have a year or two on its own before even contemplating doing something like this. Oh well, the TPTB are only really concerned about money so im not all that suprised.
    Didn't the report on GW say that the new show was planned to start earliest at 2008? They didn't want to rush into production like they did with Atlantis. I hope so, cause then SGA will get a year, maybe even two before the new show starts.

Also I can't help but wonder if the 2nd SG1 movie could possibly have something to do with the new show. Or maybe we will see some story arc in SGA S4 that will lead up to the new series. Or who knows, it just starts from nowhere really, I mean it could still be set on Earth, or even future or past...it wouldn't really need a introduction from either SG1 or SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
      I hope the third series will be Stargate's equivalent of DS9... bringing on continuity and long story arcs and more character development and a darker atmosphere that really seems to lead somewhere.
      I have never seen DS9, but that is what I really would like the new show to be. Darker and have more character development, something SG shows have been lacking more and more in recent years. Not that they have ever had very much character development, I just feel it's less and less of that each year.

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post
        Didn't the report on GW say that the new show was planned to start earliest at 2008? They didn't want to rush into production like they did with Atlantis. I hope so, cause then SGA will get a year, maybe even two before the new show starts.

Also I can't help but wonder if the 2nd SG1 movie could possibly have something to do with the new show. Or maybe we will see some story arc in SGA S4 that will lead up to the new series. Or who knows, it just starts from nowhere really, I mean it could still be set on Earth, or even future or past...it wouldn't really need a introduction from either SG1 or SGA.
        As long as the new series doesnt interfere with atlantis and start crossing in I wont mind, but Im still a little confused as to how they will make it fresh and original.

Comment

Originally posted by obsessed1 View Post
          As long as the new series doesnt interfere with atlantis and start crossing in I wont mind, but Im still a little confused as to how they will make it fresh and original.

Yeah I agree, there is enough crossovers with SG1 already. It's going to be difficult to make it original, Stargate has been around for a very long time now. Think they should have taken a few years after SGA ends and then start up the new show. Still I'm interested to see what they could come up with, maybe it will be good...I hope so.

Comment

I'm worried that they will start copying preexisting ideas, instead of coming up with interesting twists to those existing ideas.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I hope the new series will bring out fresh ideas and new plots separate from SG-1 and Atlantis. If not, we run the risk of burnout like Star Trek experienced.

Comment

I seee alot of hopes/concerns and outright dismissal of the series before even one shread of news about what it will be about has surfaced. I understand what those concerned are saying i just don't agree with it. Yes Series 3 will have big shoes to fill b/c in eessence it is replacing a great show ie. SG-1. I don't think it will pick up the Ori storyline as that is suposed to be concluded in movie 1. Unless they don't permently destroy the Ori. Leaveing some alive mabey even Adria and then the spinoff can be in the still unamed Ori galaxy. I wouldnt mind either a ship based show or even DS9 style show. Just like stardhips were still a part of DS9 whatever it is needs to still have gate travel. As long as it has gate travel, good cast and great stories I'll be happy, and I have enough faith in TPTB to believe that it will be a good show. They did a great job with SGA and SG-1 so I'm not worried.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post
                  I have never seen DS9, but that is what I really would like the new show to be. Darker and have more character development, something SG shows have been lacking more and more in recent years. Not that they have ever had very much character development, I just feel it's less and less of that each year.
                  There is a limit to the amount of character development a series can accomplish with a given cast. Soon the history and relationships of a given character have been thoroughly explained, leaving no more room for growth, mandating that another character be introduced.
                  Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                  The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                  I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                  A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                  That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                  Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                  Caboose: They could be worse?
                  Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by skydragon786 View Post
                    3. Hopefully, it's not "starship-based"... Anyone remember Babylon 5: Crusade? What a flop.
                    actually, crusade was only a 'flop' because tnt tried to tell JMS how to run his show. and JMS doesn't take well to being told how to do his job and wha his 'vision' shoudl be, so he told them to...well take a long walk off a short pier

however, i do agree, no more space ships. Please, let's lose the deus ex machina. NO asgard goodies, no super duper allies, no ceaseless treasure hunts.

get back to the true origin of the show...human adventurers exploring, getting into trouble, getting out of trouble, with thier abilities and smarts, not the closest plot device.

hire actors for thier personal chemistry and abilities, don't stunt cast 'big' names.

I think that the new show needs to be totallydivorced from sg1. completely and entirely separate from it. exist in the same universe, sure. but don't use the show as a crutch.

we need new a new creative team. Someone with a different pov and different abilities. using the same old PTB is just gonna result in series 3 being little more than a homage to the previous two.

start fresh, or it's doomed from the get go
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I don't think we know enough about the 3rd series to start panicking yet. But I think it has to include some of SG-1's cast. would be great to bring back. He is the least developed of any of the characters.
                      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                      Caboose: They could be worse?
                      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I'm not a poet, and soon you'll know it but nonetheless, here's my opinion:

I hope that I shall never see
                        Yet another Stargate series
                        From the ‘creative’ people who are making the series now
                        Because what they’ve done to Stargate I hate and how.

Watch such a thing, I will not
                        If the same way it is wrought.
                        No negotiation on this point shall be available now nor evermore
                        My braincells have been too abused by them to weather more.

I have a concept for SciFi here
                        After watching 9 and 10 it’s clear
                        ‘Creative’ is not the right word to use about the current production’s crop
                        Run any series as cliché and ‘homage’ – again – and it too will soon flop.

And now, off to find a Mod, and ask where an "Anti any third series by the creative people behind seasons 9 & 10 of SG-1" thread would belong...

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper View Post
                          Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                          I think the new series will "Spin Off" from one of the SG-1 DVD movies
                          considering gateworld news suggests a 2008 premiere, that gives SG1 about a year to produce a movie paving the way for the spin-off. working, of course, on the theory that SG1 finishes whatever filming may be left around mid-spring, comes back mid-summer to start work on a film (reasonable holiday period) and releases the film summer 2008 with an aim of a fall 2008 premiere.

ouch, that would be fast work. and since you say 'one of' the movies, you seem to be hoping that - in a year and a bit - there'll be two movies?! (since thats all thats rumoured for making at the moment)

hmm... permit me to be sceptical of quality
                          Well, the only TV movie production phase I ever read about was the Farscape Mini Series (equals two TV movies). imdb lists the production duration as 3 months. As we know that TPTB have already been working on ideas for the two movies since at least September 2006, I'd say they are likely to be more than finished with everything by September 2007.

If there really will be a third series (i.e. that will be produced and aired on television) there is so much time left till 2008 to include an arc leading to it in either one (or two) of the SG movies and/or S4 of Atlantis. BW & RCC have already taken off next year to work on anything that MGM/SciFi wants to have in the future, so my only worries are more in the creativity territory than in the limits time presents.
                          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by GeekingOnward View Post

I hope that I shall never see
                            Yet another Stargate series
                            From the ‘creative’ people who are making the series now
                            Because what they’ve done to Stargate I hate and how.

Watch such a thing, I will not
                            If the same way it is wrought.
                            No negotiation on this point shall be available now nor evermore
                            My braincells have been too abused by them to weather more.

I have a concept for SciFi here
                            After watching 9 and 10 it’s clear
                            ‘Creative’ is not the right word to use about the current production’s crop
                            Run any series as cliché and ‘homage’ – again – and it too will soon flop.

And now, off to find a Mod, and ask where an "Anti any third series by the creative people behind seasons 9 & 10 of SG-1" thread would belong...
                            Yeah you're not a poet and I disagree 100%.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by GeekingOnward View Post
                              Heh, you summed up my worries and rhymed to boot!

I'd like to see a mix of new and old PTB for the third series, emphasis on new with old just around to guide the way. I've seen the same problems with SG1 occuring on Atlantis and I blame that on the PTB "inbreeding." A lot of new blood would shake things up, hopefully in a good way.

Comment

Nope not worried at all !!! TPTB can't surprise me anymore with anything after S9-S10
                                LE: OOps I lied TPTB might actually make something good this time

Comment

Working...
                                X