Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carter or McKay - Who Do You Think is the better Scientist?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think carter is the better scientist but mccays whitty thinking has saved the atlantis team many many times. Still dig carter for the better scientist.

Lucas.

Comment

While McKay may be an intelligent guy, I think Carter is better due to the fact she is confident in her abilities and knowledge without being cocky or full of herself.
      "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Originally posted by daedalus91 View Post
        He kind of is smarter than the Ancients, even though he should not be.
        All the stuff he has done i mean he re-wrote Atlantis operating system, sercurity systems and converted the PJ's shield to a cloak (Puddle Jumper).
        He re wrote the base code on replicators more than once. Saying all this is probably on par with an ancient now he is anyway. He really should not be though. Then again he cannot create ZPM's but ahh i don't know, he is not far off the Ancients.
        :|
        He just wrote "go -arounds" ways to go-around the lantean systems that he can't figure out. Mckay is far below the ancients but dying for a nobel prize so he is very risky.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
          mckay is better at causing problems as well. he is always "pushing buttons etc..." when he as no clue what will happen. AND then there is the issue that he THINKS he is smarter than the ancients were. I am sure mckay has gotten more people killed from arrogance and stupidity than sam has.
          Carter would have killed a entire society if it wasnt for the Asgard saving everyones lives.

Comment

I'd say whoever suits the weekly writers' needs for some reason.

Honestly, I think Carter is smarter, but McKay is a very close second and his time in Pegasus has sharpened his skills as a practical problem solver and he is not such a "lab rat" scientist.
            Both of them have made mistakes (Red Sky and Trinity) but that's what happens when you have to solve problems or you're trying to get a little bit farther: many times you take a chance and it goes south.
            sigpic
            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Working...
            X