Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never been to a Creation Con but have heard things about it and read up a bit on it via their website and get the feeling that I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed GateCon last August.

There are definately a few of the cast that I would like to see at GateCon again......Some that I did see last August along with a few that were not there......So maybe it would be good to try and get word to the various convention organizers for conventions that we do like, to let them know of whom we want to see at conventions.....I'm sure that them being at the conventions probably also helps to get their name out which helps promote them
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
      I have never been to a Creation Con but have heard things about it and read up a bit on it via their website and get the feeling that I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed GateCon last August.

There are definately a few of the cast that I would like to see at GateCon again......Some that I did see last August along with a few that were not there......So maybe it would be good to try and get word to the various convention organizers for conventions that we do like, to let them know of whom we want to see at conventions.....I'm sure that them being at the conventions probably also helps to get their name out which helps promote them
      Absolutely. I've been doing a lot of that with people like Ryan Robbins (Laydon Radim) and Dan Payne, as well as Cliff Simon.

I think the thread looks heavy with Cliff because I post so much about him. But other people are equally free to post about their favorites too. Since meeting and getting to know Ryan Robbins, Dan Payne and a few others, I do the best I can to promote them equally to the con organizers.
      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
        Absolutely. I've been doing a lot of that with people like Ryan Robbins (Laydon Radim) and Dan Payne, as well as Cliff Simon.

I think the thread looks heavy with Cliff because I post so much about him. But other people are equally free to post about their favorites too. Since meeting and getting to know Ryan Robbins, Dan Payne and a few others, I do the best I can to promote them equally to the con organizers.
        How do you go about promoting them to the organizers?.....By just sending emails to the organization or organizers? I'm wondering what is the best way to promote our favorite actors/actresses
        My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
        "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

How do you go about promoting them to the organizers?.....By just sending emails to the organization or organizers? I'm wondering what is the best way to promote our favorite actors/actresses

I do some research to find out how to contact the con organizers. I try to help other people promote their actors to their cons in the hope that they will do the same for me.

So, if you can find a name and email, post it here.

Comment

Hey AG,

A present for your Saint's day.

Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
              Hey AG,

A present for your Saint's day.

LOL!!! That is so cool! Thanks Bonnie.

Comment

LOL!!! That is so cool! Thanks Bonnie.
                You are welcome, Patricia.

Comment

I've just posted an interview with Ryan Robbins who was Laydon Radim of Atlantis and now Henry Foss of Sanctuary. You can find it here:

http://www.stargategalaxy.com/index....46405#msg46405

Comment

For Dan Payne Fans: (Super Soldier SG1)

Just got my copy of the movie Mulligans in the mail today. Watched it and he was absolutely amazing in it. And for those who haven't seen it or ordered it I would definately recommend getting it. Here is a link to the website where it can be ordered (Dan recommended ordering it directly from Wolfe Videos as it shows support directly to him and it also saves five bucks from the price that you would pay when it goes on the shelves later this month). I had preordered my copy and it actually came today.

http://www.wolfevideo.com/products.asp?id=1480

Comment

For Dan Payne Fans: (Super Soldier SG1)

Just got my copy of the movie Mulligans in the mail today. Watched it and he was absolutely amazing in it. And for those who haven't seen it or ordered it I would definately recommend getting it. Here is a link to the website where it can be ordered (Dan recommended ordering it directly from Wolfe Videos as it shows support directly to him and it also saves five bucks from the price that you would pay when it goes on the shelves later this month). I had preordered my copy and it actually came today.

http://www.wolfevideo.com/products.asp?id=1480
                      I'll have to do that as he certainly supports the fans.

Wait! Dan is in "Watchman? I haven't seen it yet! I just looked it up. He plays Dollar Bill, a Superhero. What else? I also just saw him in the finale of "Battlestar Galactica". It was a beefcake bit. When the future prez dumped him, I thought, "What? Are you crazy?!"
                      Last edited by Hatusu; 08 April 2009, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
                        I'll have to do that as he certainly supports the fans.

Wait! Dan is in "Watchman? I haven't seen it yet! I just looked it up. He plays Dollar Bill, a Superhero. What else? I also just saw him in the finale of "Battlestar Galactica". It was a beefcake bit. When the future prez dumped him, I thought, "What? Are you crazy?!"
                        I definately enjoyed watching it. So it would be worth getting. I was actually surprised that it came as soon as it did as it says on the site that it isn't available until the 21st. However I guess if it was preordered like mine was, then we got them early.

Comment

DragonCon Drops The Ba'al

Up until just recently Cliff Simon was on Dragon Con's list of attendees for the Labour Day weekend. But, for some reason, he has been removed.

How about we all let Dragon Con know that we want Cliff there this year.

Contact them at:

[email protected]

or

[email protected]
                          Last edited by Arctic Goddess; 16 April 2009, 10:15 AM.

Comment

DragonCon Drops The Ba'al

Up until just recently Cliff Simon was on Dragon Con's list of attendees for the Labour Day weekend. But, for some reason, he has been removed.

How about we all let Dragon Con know that we want Cliff there this year.

Contact them at:

[email protected]

or

[email protected]
                            Yeh. It is often the ones that are not the main cast that are the best ones for these events as they tend to want to do more for the fans (barring the con organizers don't run a tight leash on them for what they can and cannot do).

And I often find that the lesser known ones (especially ones like Dan Payne and Alex Zahara who often play aliens who are masked) get overlooked when in reality they are the perfect ones to attend these events. I remember being at GateCon last year and both Dan and Alex were total sweethearts. Really spending time with the fans. And it was incredible some of the crazy things that Dan was doing during the photo ops as he is so tall and well built. He was actually picking some of the ladies up and hugging them that way for their photo ops! Which was so neat to see. I could tell that they looked as though they were having as much fun as we were.

That and because some of them won't be as well known, they may not need as much "handling" as some of the major cast like Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping, Joe Flannigan and David Hewlett etc.

For myself I love to support some of the lesser known ones because I think that they work just as hard and probably do not get the same amount of credit and recognition the others do. Can't really fault anyone for it, it s just the reality that the main cast members are in the forefront while they are not, so fans tend to notice the main cast more.

Comment

...so fans tend to notice the main cast more.
                              I love the backgrounders.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I love the backgrounders.
                                Ditto

I love them too. I often think that they work just as hard but wonder if they don't get the same credit from TPTB and probably don't from the fans either as the main cast do.

And also they haven't gotten "so popular" that they have to have an "entourage" or "handlers" keeping an eye on everyone that goes near them. So they can just be normal people and probably don't have to contend with being "mobbed"
                                Last edited by SG7; 16 April 2009, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X