This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tadpoles vs Toilets

A simple 2 option poll as to how you think the drones will fare against ori ship shields

This is relevant to another topic in Science & Tech, however this thread/poll is not meant for (re)discussing the issue, rather just finding out people's opinions on the matter, statistically speaking

(and I hope, REALLY hope we will get to see the drones in action against those ships be it in SG1 or in SA - the sooner the better )

K I thought the options were clear enough but there's been some misunderstanding nonetheless...the question is not whether the ori shield will hold forever against a constant bombardment of drones (obviously the answer to that is no & eventually the drones will get to the ship) but can the drones slip through, meaning can they bypass the shield like they did with Anubis' ship

In other words:
    If a SINGLE drone is fired on an ori ship will it be blocked by the shield (#1) or will it hit the hull (#2) ?
    The Ori shields will block the drones
    37.18%
    The drones will slip through the ori shields
    62.82%
    Last edited by SoulReaver; 28 September 2006, 03:06 PM.

Where are the options?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares
      Where are the options?
      I've to wait till the mods convert it to a poll

Comment

Poll now open

Voted #1

Comment

The Ori shields will either block the drones or the ships will be equipped with anti-drone weapons (severing the connection between them and the controls).

Comment

It would be awesome to see an Ori ship face off againist a Aurora class. THAT would be an amazing sight. I think the Drones would find a way through. Nothing can stop those lil' buggers.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

note - I deliberately left out the "indirect" options for this poll (anti-drone weaponry, countermeasures etc)
              This is only about drones vs shields
              IMO ori shields will suffice

Comment

I think the Ori shields will block the drones. Seems to me if they're going to go up against the Ancients, they would need to be able to stop the drones, or they'd just get ripped to shreds right away and the attack would be pointless for them.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by N8ball88
                  I think the Ori shields will block the drones. Seems to me if they're going to go up against the Ancients, they would need to be able to stop the drones, or they'd just get ripped to shreds right away and the attack would be pointless for them.
                  But they're not going up against the Ancients, and the Wraith beat the Lanteans without drone stopping shields.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982
                    But they're not going up against the Ancients, and the Wraith beat the Lanteans without drone stopping shields.
                    The Wraith don't even have shields.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                      you're right they don't have shields, because they're useless against drones atleast drones can't simply bipass armor like they can shields (though it's still pretty easy)...

so far we've seen nothing stop drones so unless the ori shields operate in completely different ways to normal shields (instead of just being stronger) then drones will get through...
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Tadpoles would totally pwn toilets. It's in my belief that the moment they destabilize the power systems, the toilet class goes kaboom.

And drones do pwn hive ships.
                        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

The tadpoles would have to reach those power systems in the 1st place

Hive ships are unshielded and wraith tech is way less advanced than ori tech
                          Last edited by SoulReaver; 26 September 2006, 02:12 PM.

Comment

so far 12-10 for the tadpoles - damn :|

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                              I never said they did, my point was you don't need fancy drone stopping shields to take on the Ancients.
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                              X