This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Jack have the Ancient gene?

I was wondering if Jack has the Ancient gene and to as great a degree as Major Sheppard. It would have been cool if Jack had gotten some abilities from being exposed to the knowledge of the Ancients twice. I'm sure the knowledge hasn't totally been wiped out and one day may see Jack just a bit smarter.
    Check out Stargate Quantum Wars!
    http://quantumgate.stargatewars.com/...d=hb1111394599

Spoilers New Order, TLC

Thor removed all traces of the knowledge. The asgard are experts at manipulating the mind (They can store countless minds in their ships' computer)

It's reasonable to assume that he has the gene, seeing as how the chair lit up when he sat down.
    sigpic

Comment

I think the Ancient headsucker (as Jack calls it) can only be operated by the gene.

Comment

I agree. I think Jack has the gene as well.

Which sorta means that the reason Teal'c couldn't trigger it may not have been because he was Jaffa, but because he was gene-less
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

All Jaffa are Jeanless! Wranglers hasnt gotten around to providing stores on chulak with Jeans

Anyway.. NoJack doesnt have the gene, it was just a fluke that he was able to operate Ancient technoledgy which needs the ancient gene to be operated.. LOL JK Yes he has the gene, we've been clued into it alot, O'Niel is far more advanced than anyother member of the SG1 as I believe it was said in the episode where they cloned him. Also he was also stated being more advanced in the Fifth race when the asgard sucked it out of his head. So O'Niel is a new age Ancient so to speak lol.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

But, does Daniel also have the gene?

Comment

IMO, Jack had to have the gene in order for the download of the repository to work for him. After that it was just a matter of sitting down in the chair. The Asgard could have realized this when he came to them to get his head wiped. (The Fifth Race) That's probably why they like him so much.

Perhaps if he and Carter go under deep hypnosis we can learn if any knowledge remains from the Ancients as well as Jolinar.
              Last edited by Ancient 1; 11 August 2004, 10:28 AM. Reason: additional thoughts

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                All Jaffa are Jeanless! Wranglers hasnt gotten around to providing stores on chulak with Jeans
                HAHAHAHAHA... this was REALLY bad... HAHAHAH

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                  But, does Daniel also have the gene?
                  There's been absolutely nothing shown to say if Daniel has the gene or not, but by probability, he shouldn't

Comment

I hope Jack has the gene.

As much as I enjoy Jack's goofiness, I prefer smart jack anyday! We already know that Jack's more advanced than the average human, so it'd make sense that he'd have the gene!
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I disagree [edited to say: with Tealc's post]. The fact that Daniel has actually been an 'ancient' ie ascended probably means that whether or not he had the gene before he ascended, he could operate ancient technology now.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                        I disagree [edited to say: with Tealc's post]. The fact that Daniel has actually been an 'ancient' ie ascended probably means that whether or not he had the gene before he ascended, he could operate ancient technology now.
                        How does that work? Are you saying that ascension gives you the Ancient gene? Ascension isn't just an Ancient thing (See Hide & Seek)

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                          How does that work? Are you saying that ascension gives you the Ancient gene? Ascension isn't just an Ancient thing (See Hide & Seek)
                          Plus, you retake the same form from when before you ascended. So his DNA wouldn't change.
                          sigpic

Comment

i agree. daniel may have a clue as to how the ancient goodies work, but descension doesn't re-write your genes (at least not that we've seen). I don't think either he or sam could work the toys...anymore than Daniel could work a ribbon device which requires naqahdah in your blood. We've never seen if Jack retained enough stuff from Kanan to work goauld goodies or not.

This does bring up a question. In Metamorphosis, Nirti was messing around with genes and DNA. Is it possible that she figured out ancient stuff and was trying to find a way to make it work?

Even though she's dead now, the fact that she might have had some goodies might be a clue for sg-1 to look into her stuff. There could be more ancient goodies lying around than we think
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Daniel passing by the ancient head sucker in TLC openned it up, though.....It definetly responded to him.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X