X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God, look at that hair.

I miss the 80's.

Comment

That's very possible that he could have got that name from the movie, you never know?

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
        God, look at that hair.

I miss the 80's.
        That 'do was really something, wasn't it?
        [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Hm... Weird...
          No, not really...
          Well anyway...

I always thought that his name was a combination between John Glenn and Alan Sheppard... though Alan Sheppard might've been spelt Shepherd... or Shepard... No, I think it was Shepherd...

Anyway... this may only prove that before he was an airforce colonel, Sheppy-kins was one of the producers for MacGyver. Which means he really DOES exist!

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

I've heard about this before and I remember reading that this WAS the inspiration for his name... wish i had some evidence to back up my story though..
            www.AlexReekie.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Reekie
              I've heard about this before and I remember reading that this WAS the inspiration for his name... wish i had some evidence to back up my story though..
              But he DOES exist! All it proves is Lt. Colonel Sheppard was a TV producer in the way back when... Always remember, Atlantis is real and everything else is all a dillusion.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

its funny because they named jack o'neill after a surf shop in santa cruz, california.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  its funny because they named jack o'neill after a surf shop in santa cruz, california.
                  Seriously? I don't think i've heard that before. DVD commentary from the movie?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    Seriously? I don't think i've heard that before. DVD commentary from the movie?
                    I think someone mentioned it on another thread
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                      It's ridiculous to have it was a practice to not have fictional characters share their names with any real life persons.

Do you have any idea of how many random people there are out there who are never mentioned in the media? I mean, I'm not famous and if I google my own name, I'll find a whole bunch of people mostly from the Netherlands (for reasons unknown, apparentely, my last name is a very common last name in the Netherlands).

I'm sure there are Samantha Carters, Jonathan O'Neills, Jonathan O'Neils, Hank Landries, George Hammonds and God-knows-who out there.

Heck, Daniel Jackson is a real life archaeologist.
                      he is also a manager of a walmart in Payson, Arizona , just fyi
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        Jack O'Neill is a person the man behind the whole O'Neill surf brand.

Comment

Well if it isn't from here there's always SHeppard airfoce base, but good catch

Comment

I read about this about 3 years ago and it was done on perpose. Although the credits in the movie look about the same as the ones in Stargate (font-wise).

Vala,

Comment

Working...
                            X