X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning.'

A thought just hit me.

Was that line another possible commentary/hint about the cancellation in "200" (which some suspect was at least already being threatened when "200" was filmed)?

The ATLANTIS gate doesn't spin. It lights up.

The SGC's gate spins.

Spinning is SO much cooler than NOT spinning.

If you think about it as a reference to the cancellation, then I think you're wrong. I don't think they'd known about it.
    On the other hand if we agree with that (it is a reference) then there would be a simple explanation; When you activate the gate, it spins. If noone ever gonna do that anymore, it won't spin so...
    "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
    ...George W. Bush, 9/5/93
    "[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
    ...George W. Bush

Comment

Actually, I think the joke was in reference to the long-standing complaint about the fact that the 'gate-room' gate spins, but the various 'off-world' gates do not. They couldn't help this fact...it just wasn't practical for the moved-around set to be one that also has moving parts. So it's another joke about a 'contradiction' on the show that they just did for convenience...like the fact that so many aliens on SG1 speak English.

Note that on Atlantis, none of the stargates spin...so you see they avoided that problem on the second series.

But it may also be teasing that SG1 is better than Atlantis, I don't know.

Comment

The thing with the contradictoring gates sounds realy good, so I believe you. But nevertheless I like the SG1 is better than SGA better.
        Why be difficult?
        Put some effort in and be impossible!

Comment

I thought it was because the movie gate doesn't spin, but the show one does. Since the puppets part was spoofing other movie concepts like Daniel drawing on the computer monitor with a marker.
          Dark blue.

the short, the blonde and the geeky

Comment

Originally posted by Tiret
            Actually, I think the joke was in reference to the long-standing complaint about the fact that the 'gate-room' gate spins, but the various 'off-world' gates do not.
            I can't believe I've never noticed that. (bad fan! shame on me!)

Comment

The movie gate spun. That's how Daniel Jackson identified the Tau'Ri symbol. Thanks for trying.

Comment

As a matter of fact, I read an article, about the movie, and originally the gate wouldn't spun. The spinning was added during the production of it (the movie)
                "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
                ...George W. Bush, 9/5/93
                "[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
                ...George W. Bush

Comment

Working...
                X