Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Real Life, if you met a Gouald, would you believe he was a God?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to bring religion into the equation but I'm Christian but the things that the Gouald can do really outsurpassed what Jesus himself did. And remember most miracles happened elsewhere and you kind of just hear about it from so and so but like if Bush and Stephen Hawking said they say this person believe in a miracle, more than likely I would too. I believe atom, protons, quirks, and stuff.

And Jesus raising from the dead and his miracles are usually the basis for our belief in his being the son of God.

I just hope I didn't open a can of worms here.

Comment

no. i want to be god! *eyes glow*

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

'Course I wouldn't! I am a god!

Ok... seriously... no. I tend to be fairly skeptical when it comes to those matters... Probably would poke him pretty hard and ask if he was in his right mind... Then I would run off, tell my friends, and I'd be laughing for most of the rest of the day...

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

I’d ask snake Jesus some questions about his dad and the flaws in the bible if he couldn’t answers the questions any better then the average Christian I’d know his not the son/prophet of a god.

With the ori who are gods I’d ask for proof that they ascend their followers, if they’re all powerful it shouldn’t be any problem to give me some proof.

If they just levelled with me and told me they were really powerful aliens I’d probably be willing to worship them assuming they treat their followers well.

For all the Christians saying they would never believe a gouald was Jesus, what are you going to do if the real Jesus shows up? Will you accuse him of being an alien snake?

Comment

no
            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

I would not believe him/her to be god...

My idea of god is a non-being, a non-entity, that does not have a need or requirement to ever manifest it/her/himself...

And we would be able to tell about the technology, most humans aint THAT stupid... of course, we would recognize it as advanced, but we would know...

faith would require no tools or acoutrements, or glowing eyes, or blind worship... the goa-uld fit no know godlike or deity like profile in recent human history...

fair argument??
              Vows are spoken
              To be broken
              Feelings are intense
              Words are trivial
              Pleasures remain
              So does the pain
              Words are meaningless
              And forgettable

All I ever wanted
              All I ever needed
              Is here in my arms
              Words are very unnecessary
              They can only do harm

Comment

Well,

I think it would depend on the time frame here. If I was living thousands of years ago, and you brought a digital Timex watch with you, and a car that ran without horses. Then Yes, I might think you a god because of your "magic" items. However, in todays world? No. I would not believe that person to be a god. It all depends on the time...

Some people try to turn back the Odometer of life... Not me, I want people to know the roads I've traveled. And not all of the roads were paved...

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'ra^Agent
                  Well,

I think it would depend on the time frame here. If I was living thousands of years ago, and you brought a digital Timex watch with you, and a car that ran without horses. Then Yes, I might think you a god because of your "magic" items. However, in todays world? No. I would not believe that person to be a god. It all depends on the time...

You said pretty much what I would have said. Nice. =P

Back then: probably..

Now: No way. I would fight, and even if I died because I didn't believe that they were Gods, atleast I died free.
                  sigpic
                  Past | LJ | Last.FM | IG

Comment

Nope, I'd never buy a Gouald as a god. A proper god needs to be all-knowing. The first question I would as is "Why does SciFi screw up their programming and put on fake wrestling?"

Since there is no answer I would find plausible, I would know the Gouald is not all-knowing, and therefore, not a god.

Comment

Anyone who needs bodyguards is obviously not a God. A God does not die from a gunshot wound.

Comment

I'd only believe he was a god if he showed up on my doorstep and said, "hey, look, I'm a god, I could show you all sorts of neat stuff to prove it but before I unveil myself to the masses I need a good single malt scotch. Do you have single malt scotch? 'Cause we've got beer and all but we just can't seem to get that scotch thing right. And hey, where can I find Alanis Morrissette? Got something to chat about with her."
                        Last edited by takinspace; 28 August 2006, 12:20 AM.
                        Frak! --Apollo
                        Frak you. --Cain
                        FRAK Me! --Kat
                        frakwit! --Tyrol
                        B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                          Anyone who needs bodyguards is obviously not a God. A God does not die from a gunshot wound.
                          You should read a comicbook series published by Vertigo and written by Garth Ennis called Preacher. Be warned though, you might find it highly offensive if you're a particularly devout Christian.

Comment

No, I watch this documentary called Stargate. Basically it covers the idea of false gods reigning over other worlds, lol
                            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryu
                              We have many fanatics in this world both in terms of Chirstians and Muslims. So let's say you met a Gouald who claimed to be either Jesus or Allah (both being the biggest World religions, I don't he's going to get the same reaction and support claiming to be Set or Ra these days) of course he's not going to tell you he's a Gouald or a snake, come on! Anyways, this guy has glowing eyes, can read your thoughts with his hand, is invulnerable to most of our weapons (I don't imagine us testing a nuke on him) and not only that but can cure cancer and AIDS and RAISE THE DEAD! Would you believe he was God? Serious answers please.
                              Of course not, but I'd still be afraid nonetheless :|

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
                                No, I watch this documentary called Stargate. Basically it covers the idea of false gods reigning over other worlds, lol
                                Now that is the first comment I can really agree with.
                                Apologies in advance if I am sometimes caustic. It truly is meant in humorous tones.

Comment

Working...
                                X