Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read that as Morgan Le Fay saying there were more cityships out there. Damn skimming.

But anyway, Proclarus Teonas was lost in fire, meaning the city was lost in fire. Obviously it couldn't fly.

Comment

It was one of "earliest cities"...

This means there are more Ancient cities in MW. Maybe some of them were of later design (flying ones). Did Sg-1 find any Ancient cities at all? I can't remember, but i don't recall finding any.

Also, there might be chance that there are some Ancients in one of these cities.
      We have seen in "Frozen" how long they can survive in nothing but ice... and in "Aurora" we also saw them use hybernation. Maybe there is non-flying Ancient city with some non-ascended Ancients in statis/hybernation? That would be nice wild card to close the season.
      VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

My bathroom is a lost city...

Comment

Originally posted by silence
          She says that Proclarush Taonas was one of earliest Ancient cities (place from "Lost City 2" where O'Neill went for ZPM and that had defence outpost)... now it doesnt say it was flying city like Atlantis, but she does say it was one of "earliest Ancient cities" that was abandoned.

To me that means there are other Ancient cities as well in MW and some might be on more "hospitable" planets then Teonas. Can they fly? No idea.
          If there were any, Merlin would know about them for sure.

Disclaimer :: i just checked that scene and that is what she says.
          yes but think about this....

Vis Uban was last on the list of Stargates, assuming tthere was an order to the list... Vis Uban was brick and was a city of the ancients... so We know ot all Ancient Cities were high tech. Proclarush taonas might of been one of the earliest ancient cities but also one of the few Tech'd out Cities.

I think it could be an error on the writers behalf. If PCT is an Early city, then all cities after it should be abotu the same or better, Visuban was on the bottom of the list(they never said whether or not the order O'niell placed the gate addresses in was order they were placed, but jonas suggested it) so Visuban shouldnt be brick, unless Atlantis and other cities were brick
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Heh... we just don't know. I am just saying that there are more Anciet cities in MW. Brick, concrete, flying? Dunno. But there are and i don't think they would say it in VERY important episode of S10 if they don't have some plans to find one of these cities.. or maybe it was planned for S11 (but might be moved to three part closing).

Look at Avalon and how hard it was to find it (they needed Pegasus to scan the area, cause nothing else worked). Merlin created Avalon. Merlin created machine to shift him into another dimension. Merlin "decended". What stopped him to hide one of the cities that was in good shape? With 1 ZPM city could prolly stay in other dimension for thousends of years (Merlin did this "recentlly" - in terms of chronology)... Atlantis managed to keep shields up and running for 10000 years with 3 ZPMs...

I just think they opened this possibility and that they will prolly use it somehow (specially now that S11 is canelled).

They need to find way to at least semi-close Ori arc, which means they need something to at least stop/destroy Ori in THIS galaxy to have at least some sort of ending. If they stop / destroy Ori in this galaxy, they still have Ori as threat in their galaxy and we know Ori won't stop until they kill Ancients, but we can have ending in which at least (for now) THIS galaxy is saved.

That leaves then room for mini-series or film to deal with Ori once-and-for-all.

Simple reason why i think they will find something like this - there is nothing else to help them close Ori arc till end of S10, unless the Ancients come to rescue (which is most unlikely).

So, finding some city (even village, outpost or military/science base) with adnavced tech/weapons (be it puddle jumpers, drones, ZPM factory (they could also use this to send 10-15 to SGA ), 5 Aurora ships (we didnt find ANY ships in MW, while we found 2 Auroras in PG) is IMO only way to give any sort of closure (other then Earth going Ori) to S10.
            I simply don't see anything else... we either somehow stop Ori in this galaxy or they take Earth (ending with cliffhanger, which would prolly piss fans enough to really bomb Sci-Fi)... if they stop them here, threat is still out there, so they can continue show in some other form (after all look how powerful Ori are in this galaxy that isnt converted, think how powerful they are in their own backyard)....

That's my line of thinking.
            VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Vis Uban might have been built by humans are the Ancients left. Maybe the old ruins are underground. Or it was an actual cityship that flew off >_>'. Maybe they didn't even live there but just put a Stargate there and then seeded some humans there.

Comment

Working...
              X