This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
    Sci fi channel can't stop another channel buying SG1. TPTB was hoping another channel would pick SG1 up like when it was cancelled on showtime but no one has yet.
    Actually they can & have done so! There was talk of MGM buying out their part of the contract ages ago, but never heard any more on it.

I can't imagine the Atlantis contract being any different, so if they cancel Atlantis, then they'll probably be able to do the same thing with that as well.

Comment

i dont think scifi would be able to stop the movies from showin on other channels, because their contracts are probably specific to, Stargate SG-1 And Stargate Atlantis, not Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Continuum
      deviantArt

Favorite

Newest

Comment

Originally posted by theboywonder View Post
        i dont think scifi would be able to stop the movies from showin on other channels, because their contracts are probably specific to, Stargate SG-1 And Stargate Atlantis, not Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Continuum
        Having the rights to SG-1 and SGA the tv shows, Scifi can do nothing to stop the movies from being aired on another network. Depending on how specific the contract is, chances are they could even get away with doing a mini-series.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
          Beside BSG and Atlantis Scifi has nothing to offer. NOTHING!!!!! Dresden Files, garbage. Eureka, so so.
          *huggles her Dresden* don't listen to them, they don't understand. (the Commander likes her cheesy SciFi. SciFi cheese is like one of her faves, stupid Drama Cheese no.... but SciFi cheese me likes)

but yeah Stupid SciFi which is really stupid.... is going to die by my stupid hand.... scratch the part about my hand being stupid...I taught it to write on my own at age three!!! woot!!! anyway... I once drew an elaborate (albeit poorly drawn) Cartoon in which Thor and I jump on a dead SciFi executives dead body.... I was slightly disturbed afterwards though

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            They can stop it, and have stopped it.

When SG1 was cancelled on Showtime, Showtime had no problems with another network picking it up. Scifi don't want another network getting it, perhaps do the fact Stargate SG-1 now holds the record for the longest running consecutive Scifi show and that's something Scifi would have no problem exploiting. The show originally came from Showtime, yet Scifi has still called it a "Scifi Original" show when they had nothing to do with it's original development.

Scifi could have allowed it to go to another network but MGM's contract says that they can't take the show to another network. I do believe that Scifi was out to run the show during the 10th season and it seems they've did a good enough job with it because they won't let the show air anywhere else.

All we can hope is that MGM will allow a network other than Scifi air the movie s and that it will get good ratings so it can be rubbed right into the face of Scifi.
            But one of the TPTB said he was hoping SG1 would be picked up by another network. Not that's it's my concern, I'm no longer a fan of the show. Just pointing out what I read.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
              But one of the TPTB said he was hoping SG1 would be picked up by another network. Not that's it's my concern, I'm no longer a fan of the show. Just pointing out what I read.
              That was before Sci Fi made a statement saying that it would not happen, made sure of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                That was before Sci Fi made a statement saying that it would not happen, made sure of it.
                Sci Fi did ?

But such a move may be out of the question, if SCI FI Channel has anything to say about it. "There is not going to be [an 11th season] on U.S. television," Stern told Multichannel flatly. "Our contract with MGM prohibits it."
                http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...s_future.shtml

Comment

??

Comment

that means an 11th season on ANOTHER NETWORK is out of the question, per MGM's contract with scifi. Only scifi has the rights to more seasons, and they plan on doing nothing with them.

Scifi blows so much, its pathetic. The only good shows they have (bsg and the stargates) they have no creative involvement in. I hope future scifi shows avoid scifi channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Jumper View Post
                      *huggles her Dresden* don't listen to them, they don't understand. (the Commander likes her cheesy SciFi. SciFi cheese is like one of her faves, stupid Drama Cheese no.... but SciFi cheese me likes)

but yeah Stupid SciFi which is really stupid.... is going to die by my stupid hand.... scratch the part about my hand being stupid...I taught it to write on my own at age three!!! woot!!! anyway... I once drew an elaborate (albeit poorly drawn) Cartoon in which Thor and I jump on a dead SciFi executives dead body.... I was slightly disturbed afterwards though
                      No need to be disturbed. Scifi has all sort of cheeses to those interested in such. Be fore warned, Scifi has had some of the most cheesiest programming known to man. What ruffles my dingle berries is that they're canceling SG1 to save money to produce more cheese. More Cheese!!!! Isn't that lame o movie written by Stan Lee in which the hero had stuper speed and wore a sky diving leotard as his hide and seek get up, cheese enough to last a life time?

Guess not. New rule, if executives aren't fans of science fiction they shouldn't be allowed to control programing.

Comment

The show originally came from Showtime, yet Scifi has still called it a "Scifi Original" show when they had nothing to do with it's original development. .
                        Pity no one has tried to get them for 'false' advertising with that.

Having the rights to SG-1 and SGA the tv shows, Scifi can do nothing to stop the movies from being aired on another network. Depending on how specific the contract is, chances are they could even get away with doing a mini-series.
                        Now that i would like..

Comment

Originally posted by Londo Molari View Post
                          that means an 11th season on ANOTHER NETWORK is out of the question, per MGM's contract with scifi. Only scifi has the rights to more seasons, and they plan on doing nothing with them.

Scifi blows so much, its pathetic. The only good shows they have (bsg and the stargates) they have no creative involvement in. I hope future scifi shows avoid scifi channel.

Why would MGM want an 11th season on another network though when they've tried to cancel it before anyway which led to Scifi getting it in the first place.

This,

"There is not going to be [an 11th season] on U.S. television," Stern told Multichannel flatly. "Our contract with MGM prohibits it."
                          tell's me everything

Comment

Hmm... I actually found the Ori Seasons much more interesting then the rest. I think one of the reasons people don't like the Ori is because the "belief" is so close to Christianity and similar religions. People feel uncomfortable when they watch them and thus see it as not liking the Ori-bad-guy thing.

Comment

Earth done well really when you think what the Ori could have done if Denmark for instance posted some cartoons of them in the newspaper

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant View Post
                                Why would MGM want an 11th season on another network though when they've tried to cancel it before anyway which led to Scifi getting it in the first place.
                                MGM has already stated its trying its best to keep SG-1 running somehow, be it through season 11 on another channel, or through movies. Because its making them MONEY.

Originally posted by Defiant View Post
                                tell's me everything
                                they meant "our contract with mgm PROHIBITS MGM from making an 11th season ANYWHERE ELSE." But thats exactly why scifi worded it that way, so you'd be fooled. Good for you.

Back in reality everyone knows that scifi is the only thing standing in the way of keeping SG-1 going.

Comment

Working...
                                X