X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15
    They ain't falling anymore.
    Not really rising either. Just sitting steady. I was under the impression this was a "much anticipated" episode. Guess not.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Not anymore anticipated than the average episode with regards to casual fans. I'm not that surprised.

Comment

Ratings aren't falling anymore - does it matter that they aren't getting any larger either?

Why does everything have to be a negative to some people? It's a television show, not everyone is part of the Nelson's Rating system - even in a 'highly anticipated' episode there is no guarentee ratings are going to grow; because it could be that a large portion of the people who stopped watching last season weren't even getting counted, so if they tuned in again - they still wont be counted.

Sheesh.

I get that people want some outward display of their dissatisfaction - I can't say I'm sorry to see it's not happening.
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
          Ratings aren't falling anymore - does it matter that they aren't getting any larger either?

Why does everything have to be a negative to some people? It's a television show, not everyone is part of the Nelson's Rating system - even in a 'highly anticipated' episode there is no guarentee ratings are going to grow; because it could be that a large portion of the people who stopped watching last season weren't even getting counted, so if they tuned in again - they still wont be counted.

Sheesh.

I get that people want some outward display of their dissatisfaction - I can't say I'm sorry to see it's not happening.
          I think I can see the negative argument going this way.. (tongue firmly in cheek!-but I can see red coming lol)

The ratings are going down- the show is rubbish so fans are not watching
          The ratings are steady- it's still crap because they aren't now climbing
          The ratings are going up modestly- still rubbish, it's a blip because nothing else is on or why isn't it getting more as season X got much higher.
          The ratings are up alot- well still not beating BSG and it's probably just a blip anyhow and the show still is rubbish and it's probably Andromeda, disenfranchised Firefly and Farscape fans tuning in.

For me it's the demographics which is the thing to watch(which seems to be up or hitting the spot) and also very interesting watching the figures for the reruns added on- they still beat BSG and SGA cumulatively. Sci fi isn't a huge channel but sci fi friday is holding it's own and I think doing well.But that's my humble opinion.

Comment

OK, I'll freely admit to being the kind of arty air-headed type who doesn't do well with numbers, but... Last week SG-1 got 1.7, this week it got 1.8. Last week SGA got 1.6, this week it got 1.8. So how does that translate into GateworldSpeak of "ratings level"? Seems to me a more accurate headline might be "Stargate ratings up slightly on last week, BSG remains steady."

Truth is SG-1 is doing just fine in the 8.00pm slot. Add in the rerun figure, and SG-1 is the best performer by a fair margin. SGA is a slight cause for concern - the 9.00pm slot is supposed to be worth +10% over 8.00pm, and SGA hasn't been consistently beating SG-1 by 10% this season, let alone showing it can build a bigger audience. But both shows are looking healthy by Sci-fi Channel standards, and so is BSG.

Comment

I have tried but I just can't relate to or have any feelings for the new characters. They look and act as if they don't fit in the Stargate Universe.

I want Jack back.
              I want Hammond back.
              I want Janet back.
              I want Sam and Jack!
              I want Jack back!!

LansSG1

Comment

the ratings are falling cuz of the huuuge shooes that are left to fill after jack oneil RDA left the show , yeah we all are tired of hearing it , but we have to agree that RDA was a huuuge reason why stargate sg1 made it to season 9....

ben browder and the chick that plays vala ,cant remember her name, have been a replacement for jack oneil rda to add comedy to the show , wich i believe vala is doing great ,just love her ,but ben browder on the other hand , doesnt seem to give the comical relief as natural as i would have wanted to.... it seems that he is somewhat forcing it at some times.....

another reason can be , because of the ori , they seem like an too powerful enemy , great concept for an enemy , but im personally not feeling the vibe as when i did with the replicators or the ghua`uld , i guess we have to learn more about the ancients and the ori before we can really get feel them as enemies....

it is a new beginning for the team in somewhat way , but i think they need to go deeper with the stories , and not bring so many " filler eps " to satisfy the needs of actors who want to become writers or directors....

Comment

THE RATINGS ARE NOT FALLING!!!

Look at both 8pm and 11 pm airing. SG-1 is in THE FIRST place with these two ratings combined! 8 pm is the hour where people are still outside their homes doing shopping in the supermarkets or on their way home and they are watching the second airing.

Comment

Originally posted by Morphiex
                    the ratings are falling cuz of the huuuge shooes that are left to fill after jack oneil RDA left the show , yeah we all are tired of hearing it , but we have to agree that RDA was a huuuge reason why stargate sg1 made it to season 9....

ben browder and the chick that plays vala ,cant remember her name, have been a replacement for jack oneil rda to add comedy to the show , wich i believe vala is doing great ,just love her ,but ben browder on the other hand , doesnt seem to give the comical relief as natural as i would have wanted to.... it seems that he is somewhat forcing it at some times.....

another reason can be , because of the ori , they seem like an too powerful enemy , great concept for an enemy , but im personally not feeling the vibe as when i did with the replicators or the ghua`uld , i guess we have to learn more about the ancients and the ori before we can really get feel them as enemies....

it is a new beginning for the team in somewhat way , but i think they need to go deeper with the stories , and not bring so many " filler eps " to satisfy the needs of actors who want to become writers or directors....
                    Her name is Claudia Black and unfortunately, i agree with everything you wrote...

Comment

An actor can only be as good as the material they are given. Vala's part was very humorous and well written; Claudia really delivered the lines briliantly. It's almost that they don't quite know what to do with Cameron. Redneck? Good ol boy? Military guy? Some of the quips are very sharp; well writtten and well delivered. But when the writing sinks into silly good ol boy remembering orange juice on fat old Aunt Emma....that wore very thin and wasn't funny. And yet, Ben had the task to deliver those lines. It can't be easy.

Comment

I think the series is falling, because theres too many changes taking place
                        I dont like the general at all because he looks like a senior citizen and lacks any kinda edge that hammond and O'neil brought.
                        And dont get me started on the holagram turned doctor...does she even realise she isn't on Andromeda anymore? She is like a vulcan doctor gone wrong!
                        Also, i think they need to get rid of the new Sg1 leader...just have Carter, Tealc and daniel...perhaps intergrate Bra'tac in more...to keep recognisable ppl on.
                        I feel Stargate is turning into a soap opera with the amount of changes we have to keep up with!

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                          I reckon a combination of:

People not willing to accept change
                          Like MarshAngel said: Not as fresh in the eyes of some
                          And i reckon a big one is downloading. A lot of folk might not want to sit down and watch a show for an hour at a set time when they can download it a few hours later without adverts and watch when they see fit.
                          Yeah, that last bit is me... especially whent he download is better quality then crappy cable

As for the people not willing to accept change, you better believe it. I remember Stargate fans screaming doom and gloom that the show was going to die 2-3 seasons ago. Guess what? They're *still* screaming doom and gloom lol

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                            Does anybody know how many people tuned in later in the night? I've read somewhere that SG-1 got 1.0 rating with the second airing on Friday night when Collateral Damage was aired.
                            I don't pay attention to the numbers, but this is a relevant point. SG-1's second viewing comes on early enough that people wanting to catch some other show will watch that other show at 8pm and wait until 11pm to watch SG-1, but the ratings people don't consider that. [I don't think. I believe they figure them separately. SG-A and BSG's 2nd viewings are later, so possibly some people make a choice which to watch, so their numbers should be higher - they get those that watch the entire 8 to 11 Scifi lineup and those that had to decide which to watch during primetime.

Although, frankly, what with VCR's, DVR's and recordable DVD's, how accurate are the ratings systems anyway? Are all of these considered? This could be naive of me, but I would think fans of scifi would have all the bells and whistles to record shows and watch later, while some other fans [predominately the older ones] watch their shows while they are on. This could skew the numbers in favor of some of the other shows that are on air the same time, too.

Comment

I think IMO, the biggest reason for the falling ratings, is that TPTB are trying to please everyone, and thus, ticking off a lot of people.

That and that Lam and Mitchell have yet to find their groove, and that Vala's soon going to be having her second personality transplant...

just MO
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
                                Yep-

So you could say

SG1 first run 1.7 + second run = 2.7 in total
                                SGA first run 1.6 + second run = 2.2 in total
                                BSG first run 1.9 + second run = 2.5 in total

When you look at it that way it's very interesting.
                                And then BritAngie went and got the numbers, rendering my post quite unnecessary!

Comment

Working...
                                X