This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smurf View Post
    Not for Adrift or Lifeline for sure because those went from 1.7million viewers to 2million, and 1.4million to 1.68million, respectively for those two episodes, and I make that about 20%.

A couple of the recent eps have gained low live viewer numbers (even though the rating remained the same) so he might be talking about those.
    Actually Lifeline was a 1.68 For only Live + 3, know why? They only had Live + 3 that week for "Lifeline". Live + 7 takes longer to get. They only had Live + 7 for Adrift which was over 2 million not just 2 million.
    sigpic

Comment

I know there are some good folks here debating this but I can see this debate going on and on, and we will be in like Season 7 of SGA and the debate will still be going on here! LOL!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Actually Lifeline was a 1.68 For only Live + 3, know why? They only had Live + 3 that week for "Lifeline". Live + 7 takes longer to get. They only had Live + 7 for Adrift which was over 2 million not just 2 million.
        How far over 2 million? Less than 2.1 million I would say. Probably the wrong side of 2.05 million, otherwise it would be "woo, nearly 2.1 million!"
        Gotta know how to spin it.

Nope, Multichannel News (and Sci Fi) says Live+7, so it's Live+7.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6494917.html
        Sci Fi said the numbers skew higher when gauged on live-plus-seven-day total, which measures a week's worth of recorded replays. By that measure, the fourth-season premiere on Sept. 28 attracted 2 million viewers and the second episode pulled in 1.68 million, for a 1.84 million average, according to Nielsen Media Research data. Last season, Atlantis averaged 1.76 million viewers, Sci Fi said.
        I know there are some good folks here debating this but I can see this debate going on and on, and we will be in like Season 7 of SGA and the debate will still be going on here! LOL!
        Debating is interesting. Should anyone not like to debate, they are free to start a "Positive thoughts on ratings, ONLY!" thread.
        Mind, I'm not sure what the mods would think.

EDIT: I've just noticed the no more pro/anti thread thing. So best not.
        Or if you do, don't say I told you to do it.
        Last edited by smurf; 05 November 2007, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Let's compare press releases...

Multichannel

Season four, which saw Stargate SG-1's Amanda Tapping and Firefly's Jewel Staite join as cast members, has averaged 1.39 million viewers for four premiere episodes since the Sept. 28 debut.

Sci Fi said the numbers skew higher when gauged on live-plus-seven-day total, which measures a week's worth of recorded replays. By that measure, the fourth-season premiere on Sept. 28 attracted 2 million viewers and the second episode pulled in 1.68 million, for a 1.84 million average, according to Nielsen Media Research data. Last season, Atlantis averaged 1.76 million viewers, Sci Fi said.
          NBCUMV

Season 4 of Atlantis, currently airing Fridays at 10pm on SCI FI, premiered on September 28 and delivered over 2 million viewers (P2+). The season features a revved up cast with two new expedition members – Stargate SG-1's Amanda Tapping and Firefly's Jewel Staite. Facing a deadly new foe while adapting to a new leader (Tapping) and new chief of medicine (Staite) has brought Atlantis unforeseen challenges.
          Isn't (P2+) DVR + 3? or is that (P3+)

Variety

In its Friday 10 p.m. timeslot, "Atlantis" has chalked up a season-to-date average of 1.8 million total viewers, easily outperforming Sci Fi's primetime average of about 1.3 million total viewers.
          SGA is still above their primetime average with live numbers.

Sci-fi wire

The fourth season premiered on Sept. 28 and delivered more than 2 million viewers. The new season added two new regular cast members: Amanda Tapping, formerly of Atlantis' predecessor series, Stargate SG-1, and Jewel Staite, formerly of Firefly and Serenity.
          Makes it rather confusing since the number seem different in every press release. We don't seem to get the true numbers, ya know?

Anyway, to all the folks that are worried, it is one episode. Sci-fi made their decision on the 4 episode live ratings, including Doppleganger. So it's how the show does from now on.
          Last edited by Briangate78; 05 November 2007, 01:50 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Let's compare press releases...

Multichannel

NBCUMV

Isn't (P2+) DVR + 3? or is that (P3+)

Variety

SGA is still above their primetime average with live numbers.

Sci-fi wire

Makes it rather confusing since the number seem different in every press release. We don't seem to get the true numbers, ya know?

Anyway, to all the folks that are worried, it is one episode. Sci-fi made their decision on the 4 episode live ratings, including Doppleganger. So it's how the show does from now on.
            I'm sure Live+3 is P3 (Live and program 3 day?). Don't know what P2+ is. Let's pretend it's a typo.

Well, you won't get the absolute numbers unless you get hold of someone with access to the numbers (MediaSavant?).

Looking down the quotes:
            Multichannel says they got theirs from Neilsen, ie. the source, and round to 2 decimal places, so I'd go with them for accuracy.
            NBCUMV, and Sci Fi Wire are part of the same network so say the same thing, in the same spin.
            Variety appear to have just pulled it from the NBC/Sci Fi press release which I believe said the same thing. It was posted at the same time as the original Multichannel posting, so they wouldn't have received any more information than Multichannel.

Exactly, it's only one episode and it's been renewed, so no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
              I'm sure Live+3 is P3 (Live and program 3 day?). Don't know what P2+ is. Let's pretend it's a typo.

Well, you won't get the absolute numbers unless you get hold of someone with access to the numbers (MediaSavant?).

Looking down the quotes:
              Multichannel says they got theirs from Neilsen, ie. the source, and round to 2 decimal places, so I'd go with them for accuracy.
              NBCUMV, and Sci Fi Wire are part of the same network so say the same thing, in the same spin.
              Variety appear to have just pulled it from the NBC/Sci Fi press release which I believe said the same thing. It was posted at the same time as the original Multichannel posting, so they wouldn't have received any more information than Multichannel.

Exactly, it's only one episode and it's been renewed, so no big deal.
              I wish Variety was a little clearer. 1.8 million was the 1.84 million for the first two eps. What do you think with DVR factor in will be? 1.7 or 1.8 for the season average? It seems to be a 1.1 vs. 1.3! I guess it depends how much got DVR'd! I'm just hoping that when the C3 reports come into play SGA retained most of those viewers. Maybe a 1.1 is not bad at all these days.

We need a new campaign, not watch it live but "Don't FF campaign"
              sigpic

Comment

I wish Variety was a little clearer. 1.8 million was the 1.84 million for the first two eps. What do you think with DVR factor in will be? 1.7 or 1.8 for the season average? It seems to be a 1.1 vs. 1.3! I guess it depends how much got DVR'd! I'm just hoping that when the C3 reports come into play SGA retained most of those viewers. Maybe a 1.1 is not bad at all these days.

We need a new campaign, not watch it live but "Don't FF campaign"
                Variety is too all-encompassing to go into detail. They're more interested in Hollywood, and the major networks, than Multichannel, which seems more cable orientated.

I would hazard a season average of 20% rise on the Live+Same Day for SGA's full DVR - it looks like it pulls above average on that front. But then I also expect sci-fi types to be more likely to FF. So at the end of it all I think we're going to be back around the Live+Same Day rating.
                I think Sci Fi would be very happy with a 1.1 average. That is what SGA was around the end of last season, which means it can handle being in the competitive fall schedule very well.

Comment

Some really good news, since Joe M knows the Live+Same day ratings for the last two eps he wrote this...

Bad news for embittered former fans celebrating a dip in the live ratings for Doppelganger. The show rebounded the following week and continues to deliver strongly in key demo’s.
                  I loved how he said embittered former fans celebrating a dip.
                  sigpic

Comment

And he was right...

*sigh* fandom, you''re getting predictable. How about you do something original?

Comment

Indeed, great news from JM's blog about the ratings!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        And he was right...

*sigh* fandom, you''re getting predictable. How about you do something original?

I think Tabula Rasa had really good ratings as well, I mean like Adrift, maybe even better. Well let's see.
                        Last edited by Briangate78; 05 November 2007, 06:42 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X