Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a 1.5-1.6 really horrible if you think about it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a 1.5-1.6 really horrible if you think about it?

Sure, its definetely not as good as a 2.0, and somwhere someone mentioned that NBC's The Night Stalker had a all-time low of 1.1 and was canned quickly... however, isn't that because that's NBC?

They draw huge numbers of viewers because that's the pecking order of the networks... the big networks, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. get most viewership, while "smaller" channels like Sci Fi have to deal with low ratings because most people (the typical American household) would rather watch Friends then Stargate.

Given that knowledge, isn't a 1.5 still decent, with hope to go back up?

Not according to Sci-Fi Channel. Apparently, they expect higher numbers. All we can do is hope for improvement.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What's frustrating is that SciFi has taken the success of SG-1 and Atlantis for granted that they don't see investing on promoting the 2 shows as justifiable. Instead they keep trying to draw more viewers away from Stargate and turn their attention into new shows like Eureka et al.
      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Still, as someone stated in the other topic, each episode is drawing almost 2 million viewers, higher than S6 and S7 due to the change of householsd per rating point.

honestly people need to quit worrying. worry if BSG gets good ratings and the SG1 ratings never improve. Then you'll know for sure that stargate doesn't have hte audience that it's competators do. What if BSG gets low ratings too? What are they going to do, cancel all 3 shows?

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
          What's frustrating is that SciFi has taken the success of SG-1 and Atlantis for granted that they don't see investing on promoting the 2 shows as justifiable. Instead they keep trying to draw more viewers away from Stargate and turn their attention into new shows like Eureka et al.
          Same in the UK

No adverts, no nothing; no publicising the 200th
          It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Anyone know what sort of ratings Eureka has pulled in after its debut?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Slightly higher I think, but cannot remember for sure if it was that or that WCE-whatever stuff.

I don't think Sci-Fi will cancel BSG, SG1 and SGA, I mean, it wouldn't be much of a Sci-Fi channel then.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                I heard the 2nd episode didn't do that well...I mean at least as well as Sci-Fi hoped it would.
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

For a cable sci-fi show on Friday night?

Hell no.

As for Eureka's ratings. . . I got my parents into the show, so there's at least two people new people that are watching it.

Comment

if scifi cancels stargate sg1 and atlantis it does not mean that the shows wont continue, i mean another channel might pick these shows for example spike tv. And that would be bad thing for scifi, and i imagine that another show would pick them up because mgm seems to have keen interest in the stargate franchise.
                    i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by oragans
                      if scifi cancels stargate sg1 and atlantis it does not mean that the shows wont continue, i mean another channel might pick these shows for example spike tv. And that would be bad thing for scifi, and i imagine that another show would pick them up because mgm seems to have keen interest in the stargate franchise.
                      That's what a lot of us Scapers were hoping for.

And all we got was a mini-series.

Comment

In all honestly 1.5/1.6 isn't as horrible as everyone makes it to be, especially when you compared to the sixth and seventh seasons, but after getting higher numbers for two years then dropping back down as it has, that's bad. Scifi might not take that so kindly.

I guess it all depends on how BSG does in the fall. If BSG manages to get ratings in the 1.9+ range, then the SG franchise will have problems.

And Stargate moving stations again probably won't happen. The series has too much luggage. The station would have to buy the rights to all the past seasons, which would cost a fortune because of it's sheer size, and the cast salaries are probably going up more every year. Not many cable stations would take the risk, especially on a scifi series.
                        Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                          They were lower, USA Today posted the top 15 shows for the week, and Eureka isn't on it. The lowest of the 15 is (I think) at 3.4 million viewers.

It could be anything 3.4 million or lower. But either way, it didn't keep pace with it's premier. At least SG-1 was able to improve upon its own, even thow it was much lower.
                          Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Like i have said in the pat , if they would count how many people in the US TiVo SG-1 and Sg-A the ratings would be alot higher ....

Also look at the people that TiVo the show ... Myself I have re-watched the show about 5 times just these week ... What about the many times people re-watch the show during the week , and then re-watch the shows when SG-1 and SG-A is on it break ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                              And Stargate moving stations again probably won't happen. The series has too much luggage. The station would have to buy the rights to all the past seasons, which would cost a fortune because of it's sheer size, and the cast salaries are probably going up more every year. Not many cable stations would take the risk, especially on a scifi series.
                              Sad but true, SG-1 has kind of dug itself into a hole by going for so long. But I think this panic about the ratings is premature at best. 1.6 is something like 2 million viewers right?
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Working...
                              X