Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would the Cheyenne Mountain closing effect the story?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would the Cheyenne Mountain closing effect the story?

As you know, Cheyenne Mountain complex is closing. Because it too old. Now we know the SG-1 Universe is slightly diffrent than our own, but do you think this could be used in any of the stories??

For Example: Perhaps moving the SGC some where, when it becomes public(moon maybe lol) using Beam tech to get to the SGC..

Or..

Perhaps, the in the future of the show, The will mention something about the move, being because they need more room for SGC personall and labs. and incase any expirament may go wrong.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

SciFi channel should ask the gov to sell it to them. Set up a SciFi center with museums etc. centered around all different aspects of SciFi.

Comment

lol , I doubt it will affect the show, they may in a few years decide to get new sets but for them time everyone is happy where they are.

Comment

the show wont last for more than 5 more years ( Unfortunately ) so will Cheyenne be closed by then
        Click the link to learn the Goa'uld language
        Lo tak meta satak oz

Comment

It won't affect the show at all. If anything, they may mention that the mountain complex is "officially" closed by the government. NORAD could move out of there, leaving the entire facility for the SGC. Then, they could actually expand.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

LOL I like the way you think!

Comment

it won't
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

they will be secretly funded with a secret SG-team!

Comment

It could put more pressure on the SGC from the Int. Oversite Committee, seeing as the Complex is now solely devoted to the Stargate Program
                  It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    It won't affect the show at all. If anything, they may mention that the mountain complex is "officially" closed by the government. NORAD could move out of there, leaving the entire facility for the SGC. Then, they could actually expand.
                    Exactly! It will feed into conspiracy theorists everywhere.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                      As you know, Cheyenne Mountain complex is closing. Because it too old. Now we know the SG-1 Universe is slightly diffrent than our own, but do you think this could be used in any of the stories??

For Example: Perhaps moving the SGC some where, when it becomes public(moon maybe lol) using Beam tech to get to the SGC..

Or..

Perhaps, the in the future of the show, The will mention something about the move, being because they need more room for SGC personall and labs. and incase any expirament may go wrong.
                      I never knew there was a military base in the Cheyenne mountains...

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                        I also like the way you think

Comment

The closing will probably have no effect...
                          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

by effect i ment how they would incorperate it into the story if they did..
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                              by effect i ment how they would incorperate it into the story if they did..
                              Maybe they wont, or maybe its how you or someone at the top said

Comment

Working...
                              X