X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
    Well my question of all times is:
    Why does Merlin come out of the pod old, like the Aurora crew, Ayianna was actually frozen, solid, and the pod does something else, stasis, it isnt the same probably, this is probably the reason why she still looked young. Just a theory lol
    No I think you're right. Aiyanna was frozen in ice. But she 'd evolved to the point where she could revive and heal herself. The stasis pods just slows down the aging process.
    1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

If anyone has episode 4 "Frozen" from season 6 in an HD format, please PM me. I want to see Ona Grauer's beauty in HD!!!
      sigpic

Comment

One other thing I noticed, having viewed this episode again recently, was that Ayiana was wrapped in some kind of brownish-colored blanket, which was also wrapped around the top of her head. So clearly she was prepared for freezing, and that it was not accidental.
        My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Let me ask you one question? Can you make a computer? Well, of course I don't know you, so maybe you do have the knowledge to make a computer? But can you make a space ship? A car? A nuclear bomb? A phone?

If the Ancients were to have any hope of rebuilding their society a few hundred survivors, most of whom might not even be scientists, wouldn't be enough.
          I think it would be much easier for a hundred Ancients to rebuild, given that device used to make the Sangraal in part 2 of "The Quest" from SG-1. I would also expect the Ancients to have blueprints available for whatever they want to create in their form of laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
            One other thing I noticed, having viewed this episode again recently, was that Ayiana was wrapped in some kind of brownish-colored blanket, which was also wrapped around the top of her head. So clearly she was prepared for freezing, and that it was not accidental.
            The freezing was accidental, that blanket were her clothes. She probably had taht blanket over her face when she was trying to shield herself with her arm from the cold, snow, ice etc.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayiana worshiper View Post
              The freezing was accidental, that blanket were her clothes. She probably had taht blanket over her face when she was trying to shield herself with her arm from the cold, snow, ice etc.
              Hmm, gosh I dunno. Looks more a blanket to me, and look at the way it's wrapped over her head. It looks pretty deliberate to me, like she'd been prepared for the freezing . But you may be right. I'm still a bit doubtful however. Guess I'll have to pull out the DVD again. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
              My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat View Post
                Actually, Ayiana was ~23-27 years old, while Weir was ~84 years old.
                1. Was Ayiana supposed to have been left behind, or was she injured while walking to the stargate?
                2. Was Ayiana actually infected with the plague, or was it just a 6-million-year-old strain of the flu?
                Its pretty safe to assume that the ancients had a much longer life span then us as they more then likely had some form of cure for just about every illness, clearly they weren't gods so there was only so much that they could do, but they also created the sarcophagus technology so they probably had other methods of prolonging ones life... I would think that the sarcophagus was designed purposely for ancient physiology which is why it has adverse effects on humans over longer periods of time, we aren't evolved enough to being like them.... yet.. thats a bit off topic but meh...

Essentially I think that she was actually frozen in ice and not by a statis pod, like freezing in actual ice is probably alot more effort then a stasis pod for the ancients... maybe requires more energy, not as safe and would be a lot messier....

Or her survival of the freezing could be that the part of the stasis pod which contains the body was somehow broken off and was frozen over again by regular ice, so a combination of stasis and freezing... Just a thought

I would think that it was the plague, and she was just a carrier and not actually infected with it, at least thats what I remember, it was the healing of everyone that eventually killed her wasn't it?
                Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 30 November 2008, 05:05 PM.
                I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                  Hmm, gosh I dunno. Looks more a blanket to me, and look at the way it's wrapped over her head. It looks pretty deliberate to me, like she'd been prepared for the freezing . But you may be right. I'm still a bit doubtful however. Guess I'll have to pull out the DVD again. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Well it was wrapped carefully by the crew of SG lol
                  I think she was trying to integrate herself into the evolving society of mankind here on Earth, into the "The Second Evolution" That's why she had those raggedy clothes.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
                    Well my question of all times is:
                    Why does Merlin come out of the pod old, like the Aurora crew, Ayianna was actually frozen, solid, and the pod does something else, stasis, it isnt the same probably, this is probably the reason why she still looked young. Just a theory lol
                    Well Merlin was already older when he was in Atlantis if he the ascended and then desended he will have been working on his weapon for a good few years.... so it stands to reason in this time of working alongside arthur and interacting with medievil cizilisations on outher planets that he aged

Comment

looks like an ice can preserve you much better than some freezers built by a race who created life in two galaxies, built the network of Stargate, built a flying city, etc...
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah. All the discrepancies are "explained" by the face that they are a plot hole. Ayiana was created when the Ancients were supposed to be awe inspiring, before they were retconed into the greatest bunglers the cosmos has ever known.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                        X