This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gkyun
    The armour in the original movie with the retractable helmat is my favourite. So elegant in its design that I always wondered why TPTB didn't use it in the show. It's garment for the most part so it should be much cheaper than the full body armour we have now.
    I totally agree with you on that one!
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

It depends. The coolest looking armour is the Horus Guard's. It looks intimidating and still appears to be practical in defending the vital organs and head.

As for the average foot soldier, I think that the Ori look better. I love their helmets, and the fact that they even have helmets at all. The Ori look cooler, almost like the Romans. And it looks like their armour actually protects them better as well. The Jaffa only really have a plate on their back and chest, whereas the Ori armour looks like it covers more.

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
      The military uses FMJ rounds by default, so why the bullets would suddenly change doesn't make a lot of sense. More than anything else, the writers wanted the Jaffa to apear big, bad, and scary at the start of the show.
      At the beginning of the show our bullets don't do much because yes, they would probably be regular FMJ.

But it's logical that the Jaffa's armour would be no match for armour piercing bullets. I don't think the armour is made out of anything special. Jaffa armour is certainly too widespread to be made out of super strong metals or alloys which are usually rare and would cost a lot for soldiers which are always shown to be expendable.

It's not hard to imagine that the SGC would evaluate the performance of their weapons against the Jaffa and would issue AP rounds as the default. Rounds made from DU (Depleted Uranium) would certainly obliterate the Jaffa.

By the time that we have our first major battle with the Jaffa in Children of the Gods, we've already experienced two firefights with fully armoured Jaffa. Not only are the Jaffa encountered at the end of CotG less armoured, but enough time has passed to change the ammunition, especially when this time we knew that we'd be in enemy territory, hence the Stinger missile launchers and such.

The first two firefights where our bullets don't do anything were on friendly ground where a threat wasn't perceived to be likely.
      Last edited by Finger13; 11 October 2008, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X