Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinion re: downloading Stargate Eps (mostly for Cdns)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, iTunes can be annoying like that. I was pissed off for a good several years that iTunes Canada didn't have ANY Disney songs for download. (iTunes US also have video game songs for download which I think the CA one DOESN'T. *smacks around companies*

And if SG-1 eps were on iTunes, I still probably wouldn't buy them since the downloads would probably take a while for me and cuz I'm bent on getting the DVD sets.
    :3!

Comment

If i was to download eps(not saying i do) it would be because where i from (New Zealand) the coverage of SG is crap eps dont seem to go in any sort of order and the times suck and you never know weather it will be SGA or SG1. And the DVD sets seem to be hard to find in shops

Comment

Since I live in the UK, don't have Sky One, Ch4/Five are no longer intending upon showing SG-1 or Atlantis and I have brought dvds of SG-1 seasons 1-9 and SGA seasons 1 and 2, I feel no guilt for wanting to watch the episodes on their first run so I can chat and speculate about them with everyone else. That's one of the really enjoyable things about fandom.

If it wasn't for illegal downloading, things like ITunes never would have existed. They are the children of P2P technology. In a way, it has been the kick up the backside the industry needs, forcing them to reduce the insanely high mark ups on their products and to find new, more convient ways of their customers getting what they want.
        sigpic
        by Kaaatie

Comment

ITunes is really stupid. Why do they keep limiting downloads to countries? Is it a licensing thing?

For example, several albums of Eurobeat can only be bought by Italian people. Eurobeat is a genre of music that is almost exclusively only produced in Italy but that's also almost exclusively only sold in Japan!

Comment

I am Canadian and I download,,,and proud of it...
            BIG DEAL ,,,,If the show was aired first in Canada I would watch it and download it afterwards,,,,so far I own eight seasons of stargate on dvd,, and I am waitibg for season nine,,,I've seen the series up to nine at least twice....and that is not going to stop me from buying the dvd set,,,same with Atlantis and Battlestar ,,,download and buy.....

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
              ITunes is really stupid. Why do they keep limiting downloads to countries? Is it a licensing thing?

For example, several albums of Eurobeat can only be bought by Italian people. Eurobeat is a genre of music that is almost exclusively only produced in Italy but that's also almost exclusively only sold in Japan!
              Oh, that's the OTHER thing I hate about iTunes. I really don't know what the issue is as I never bothered to research it. But it probably does have to do with local licenses, copyrights, etc. (like how Disney US (and whatever album companies publish their works) had all their soundtracks up way before the Canadian one did).

I read somewhere that it might have to do with exchange rates as well but I think that's sort of ... silly considering you have companies like Amazon that has UK, Japan, Canadian, AND US branches.

Bleh, I want some Japanese singles too but can I buy them from iTunes? No.

It sort of sucks when you're someone that's WILLING to pay for downloads, you know? I mean, it saves me from obscene shipping costs!!! >
              :3!

Comment

What's the point of buying from iTunes just wait a little more and get the DVD boxset, it'l probably be a bit cheaper as well!!, if each ep costs 2 bob then 20 eps would cost 40 bob. Just buy the boxset!! But obviously itis the case of the diference in time!!
                I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Working...
                X