Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the Maximum Population of Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how is atlantis supported in the ocean cause if so would hacve a max weight
    <<<cyber killer>>>

Comment

Originally posted by mathew8009bf54270f
      how is atlantis supported in the ocean cause if so would hacve a max weight
      Well, it would also be rather wide, and they would try to make it out of materials that aren't very dense. (since it's the density that really counts, not the total mass).

There are some pretty honking big ocean liners out there, and the ancients are way more advanced then us.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper
        Then that puts the size of the daedalus way off by comparison
        ya, i wondered that myself, but when the daedalus lands, we dont see people on the ground, so we really have no idea how big it is compaired to Atlantis

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Toresica
          Well, it would also be rather wide, and they would try to make it out of materials that aren't very dense. (since it's the density that really counts, not the total mass).

There are some pretty honking big ocean liners out there, and the ancients are way more advanced then us.
          Not quite. Anything will float as long as you displace more water than you weigh. If you take a look at Atlantis, it's fairly spread out and has a flat bottom. That shape has the greatest amount of surface area and therefore displaces the most volume of water.

It's like how a person will sink in the pool if they stand upright, but will float if they lay on their back. More surface area = greater amount of water displaced = more floatation.
          sigpic
          http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Probably about a million the place is huge. There are several hundred people in the Atlantis expidition.
            I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
              Not quite. Anything will float as long as you displace more water than you weigh. If you take a look at Atlantis, it's fairly spread out and has a flat bottom. That shape has the greatest amount of surface area and therefore displaces the most volume of water.

It's like how a person will sink in the pool if they stand upright, but will float if they lay on their back. More surface area = greater amount of water displaced = more floatation.
              Isn't that what I said?

I was trying to make it understandable to people who aren't physics majors...

Comment

I'd say about 300,000 but that's just a guess...

Comment

Working...
                X