This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bragi
    We can't build a new Stargate. It's not within our means.
    Didn't Orlin build one from Sam's toaster or microwave with a few more parts he ordered over the internet? Seems like we could build one if we knew how.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

That one only worked once.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
        Didn't Orlin build one from Sam's toaster or microwave with a few more parts he ordered over the internet? Seems like we could build one if we knew how.
        Orlin built a small, one-off Stargate from mundane parts, yes. He was also an Ancient. You know. The guys who built the original Gates.

Wondering why we can't build a Stargate is like wondering why the ancient Greeks didn't build 747's. They didn't have the technical knowledge or understanding of the forces involved. Even if you gave them a 747 to reverse engineer, it would still be beyond them.

Comment

Yes building a gate is beyond our understanding right now, but I'm sure a good part of the technology put into the Promethius and Deadulus (spelling?) is beyond us as well. That's probably why the Asguard installed some of the technology for us. I still vote for stealing a gate it just sounds more fun than trying to figure out how to eventually build one.

It should go like this:

Daniel: Hello native people of this planet we have come to take your stargate, we figure since you are not advanced enough to use it, then you won't miss it.

Leader of Native People: You can't take our gate as you call it, it is the idol we worship in our religion.

Teal'c: Turning and grabbing his crotch saying "You can worship this!"

Sam: Teal'c that's not polite, you need to quit watching all those rap videos.

Teal'c: Bowing his head and appologizing.

Leader of Native People: Pleeeease don't take our worship idol!!!!!

Jack: Pointing and saying "Hey look in the sky it's Superman."

Rest of SG-1 Team: Running off with the gate while the Natives are distracted.
          Last edited by Clinux; 05 July 2006, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I thought we returned all of those gates back to there homeworlds. And you people are mean taking someone elses gate. That is why the stargate program is ran by the USAF. We already have a gate and don't need to go steal someone elses.
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
              I thought we returned all of those gates back to there homeworlds. And you people are mean taking someone elses gate. That is why the stargate program is ran by the USAF. We already have a gate and don't need to go steal someone elses.
              Just because the gate program is ran by USAF does'nt mean they wouldn't steal. I'm sure the USAF would love to steal a Ori toilet bowl ship right about now.
              Last edited by Clinux; 05 July 2006, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clinux
                Just because the gate program is ran by USAF does'nt mean they wouldn't steal. I'm the USAF would love to steal a Ori toilet bowl ship right about now.
                Yes it does, as a matter of fact they even have a hole ep. based on how they wouldn't. Conquering your enemy and taking confiscating there ships doesn't fall under stealing. And if we stole then we wouldn't have gave all that tech. back that the NID stole now would we. We also would have kept the weather devise to. What a weapon that would be. Or wait we didn't return it. That is how Hurricane Katrina is Bushs fault. Now I see it clearly.
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*

Comment

I find it hard to believe Bush could figure out how to use the wheather device, I doubt he could even find the Wheather Channel.

Comment

I find it hard to believe Bush could figure out how to use the wheather device, I doubt he could even find the Wheather Channel.
                    You do know Bush is actually smart right. He isn't realy stupid. Every one gets the imression he is stupid because he isn't a good speaker. Bush is a doer and that is what we need in office right now is a doer and not a speaker. The forces we face right now don't need to be spoken to they need a spanking. Although I do get a kick out of watching him talk. Man that's just great. Sometimes I ell at the screan telling him to shut up and to say what he realy thinks and not will ease us.
                    Like this for an example; (did realy happen, just an ex.)

Bush; We have given the N Koreans two weeks to comply with our demands of dismantling the ballistic missile.

What he means
                    Bush; We are going to blow the grap out of that missile if it isn't torn daown in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                      You do know Bush is actually smart right. He isn't realy stupid. Every one gets the imression he is stupid because he isn't a good speaker. Bush is a doer and that is what we need in office right now is a doer and not a speaker. The forces we face right now don't need to be spoken to they need a spanking. Although I do get a kick out of watching him talk. Man that's just great. Sometimes I ell at the screan telling him to shut up and to say what he realy thinks and not will ease us.
                      Like this for an example; (did realy happen, just an ex.)

Bush; We have given the N Koreans two weeks to comply with our demands of dismantling the ballistic missile.

What he means
                      Bush; We are going to blow the grap out of that missile if it isn't torn daown in a couple of weeks.

Yes I realize that, not to get political but I support Bush. I just took the opportunity to poke some fun at the Pres.

Comment

Taking an Unas gate would be better than taking a gate from a human planet. As I said before, what does an Unas need a gate for anyway.

Comment

Taking an Unas gate would be better than taking a gate from a human planet. As I said before, what does an Unas need a gate for anyway.
                          Chaka needs the gate. He is raging war on another planet right now trying to free his people from slavery. Because Chaka's the MAN.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrump View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            we only stole about 20 gates from Ba'al last season. We could only use one of those.

exactly, i was seriously wondering why they caved :\

Comment

well earth had taken gate before like for their midway station

and if we did get a new gate would reli like the ones in the pegasus since they are faster at dialing and im sure or mckay could reprogram it to dial gates in the pegasus
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                I know this sounds stupid, but it was once owned by the Ancients, and it's there for a reason.

For example, what if the planet in Lost City Part 1 was uninhabited and someone else took the gate because of it? We would've never found the Ancient Repository and would've been destroyed by Anubis.
                                You forget that the PG galaxy has already done it to build the
                                Spoiler:
                                midway station

so is Atlantis stealing

And as for none-inhabited there is the planet that the virus device that had pinned Jack to the wall was on.
                                Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                                Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                                new enemy of the Ori
                                At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Working...
                                X