This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain jake
    Well the tollan aren't in the picture anymore and we have better ships than the gou'ald.We have better engines than the wraith but the ori and the asgard are way more advanced than us.
    All of the races I named have better weapons than us. I know the tollan are out of the picture, that's why I wrote, have or had.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

OK well I am not convinced that the gou'ald have better weapons. Perhaps they have more weapons and more ships but our quality is better IMO. The gou'ald have weapons that are meant to be intimidating but they are far from effective.

In my opinion this is the top 5 races in our galaxy as far as ships go. (descending order)

1- the Ori
      2- the Asgard
      3- the Nox
      4- the Tauri
      5- the Gou'ald

Now I understand that we could always use better weapons. However I have said this before and I will say it again we aren't doing to bad for new kids on the block.
      sigpic

Comment

OK well I am not convinced that the gou'ald have better weapons. Perhaps they have more weapons and more ships but our quality is better IMO. The gou'ald have weapons that are meant to be intimidating but they are far from effective.

In my opinion this is the top 5 races in our galaxy as far as ships go. (descending order)

1- the Ori
        2- the Asgard
        3- the Nox
        4- the Tauri
        5- the Gou'ald

Now I understand that we could always use better weapons. However I have said this before and I will say it again we aren't doing to bad for new kids on the block.
        Let me put this plain and simple. The Goa'uld have Hatak energy weapons, we do not.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

We have beaming technology capable of transporting a nuclear warhead aboard ships.
          sigpic

Comment

We have beaming technology capable of transporting a nuclear warhead aboard ships.
            Not, much use anymore seeing as how you can't beam through shields and everything.

Best Stargate quote:
            Green is your friend.

Comment

We have our methods.

let me ask you this when was the last time you saw a gou'ald destroy a tauri ship? OK and now when was the last time you saw the tauri blow up a gou'ald ship?
              sigpic

Comment

We have our methods.

let me ask you this when was the last time you saw a gou'ald destroy a tauri ship? OK and now when was the last time you saw the tauri blow up a gou'ald ship?
                Never and never. What's your point?

Best Stargate quote:
                Green is your friend.

Comment

What are you talking about? We have been able to blow up a dozen of there ships.
                  sigpic

Comment

What are you talking about? We have been able to blow up a dozen of there ships.
                    Who are you talking about? If you're talking about the goa'uld, we have been able to blow up dozens of their ships, but not using our own ships. We used infiltration and sabatogue.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

I was talking about destruction in general.

Well anyways I suppose we have wandered slightly off topic.
                      sigpic

Comment

our ships are very advanced when it comes to engines and in comparison to gould ships we have better shields but whats the point without the weaponary to back it up

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed
                          our ships are very advanced when it comes to engines
                          Yeah, and the engines aren't even ours. Now, I have no idea about the sublight drive but the highly advanced intergalactic hyperdrive was given to us by the asgard. I hope nobody forgot that.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

I think we`re missing the key strategy that was mentioned in the first post - MOVING!

In 'Camelot' neither the Odyssey nor the Korolev would`ve been disabled so quickly if they had moved the second that the battle had begun. Instead, they sat there and waited for the Ori to fire their first shots which left us as sitting ducks!

The Asgard moved hence why they took less hits.
                            The Goa`uld learned pretty quickly to move. They still got owned by the Ori primary & secondary weapons but they lasted alot longer than they would`ve if they`d sat still the whole time.

Let`s list our major battles to date:
                            Ethon - Prommie sat there and got owned.
                            Off the Grid - Odyssey sat itself in between the LA ships and Ba`als ship. Granted they were trying to draw weapons fire away from Ba`als ships but that doesn`t mean they have to sit perfectly still.
                            Camelot - Odyssey and Korolev sat still and got disabled with the first hit. Korolev got owned (and don`t anyone DARE say that it wasn`t the Korolev cos anyone reading spoilers for the next season knows it was. And anyone who doesn`t read spoilers; take our word for it!)

Siege III - A bit of movement from the Daedalus but nowhere near our capabilities.
                            Allies - Sat still despite the fact that they were badly damaged by the Wraiths' initial volley.

imho Caldwell is the best commander of the lot. While he only seems capable of firing a few missiles at a time he atleast most of the time remembers than his ship has sublight engines for maneuvering and not just the hyperdrive for legging it.

Basically what i`m saying is you could strap all sorts of energy weapons onto the 304s but they`re going to mean diddly if you sit there and wait for the enemy weapons fire to hit you. Our shields will fail long before our weapons get the best of the enemy.
                            Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
                            Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

IMHO earth should have off-world shipyards that would allow us to build ships that are a lot bigger cause the 304's are a quater the size of a Ha'tack
                              C. Edmund

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k5
                                but nowhere near our capabilities.
                                Tell me, what exactly are our capabilites? These things aren't fighters you know, they have momentum, and lots of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X