• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiquidKal View Post
    Aussie TV is finally waking up!
    Check it out:
    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...7-1702,00.html

Although the chance of them ever doing this for Stargate is about... 0%, its still great to see something finally happening.
    Yeah i read that. Great news. Well overdue...
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
      Yeah i read that. Great news. Well overdue...
      in some respects it does seem silly that we don't get the series at the same time, or even close to their original air dates. but from the stations pov the shows start in the summer months here, where ratings on the whole decline. and there's always the possibility that they could invest in a series whose ratings they have no control over, and thus the show could end within a matter of weeks with nothing to cover its slot.

shows only start in september-ish in the US coz that's after their summer break, where everyone is settling down back into a routine; an excellent time to introduce a new series. it works the same here, the new shows start in Feb/March when ppl are going back to school/uni
      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
      "what?"
      *throat punch*
      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

We better get a 5th season. Don't screw us over Sci Fi!

Comment

I still firmly believe we will get at least a fifth season. scifi seems to want milestones, ie the 200th sg1 ep. i don't see them cancelling sga after four years when they can get the 100 milestone in one more year. 100 is easier for syndication.
          "what?"
          *throat punch*

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
            I still firmly believe we will get at least a fifth season. scifi seems to want milestones, ie the 200th sg1 ep. i don't see them cancelling sga after four years when they can get the 100 milestone in one more year. 100 is easier for syndication.
            Its nice to know! I'm crossing fingers that we do get a 5th season! I have a feeling after S4 finishes, i'll definitely be wanting more!
            sigpic

Comment

5? why 5? i saw ATLEAST 10!!!.

Oh and fore anyone that cares, i changed my DeviantArt username its now Molten Tessaract.

Link: www.MoltenTessaract.deviantart.com

Comment

JM BLOG: NOTHING...

News from SG Solutions.

SG-1 Spoilers: Tapping Describes Movies as "Huge"

Spoiler:
                Matt Sernaker got a chance to talk with Amanda Tapping at the recently held Comic Con in San Diego (July 26-29) and has provided a transcript of the interview, plus a photo he had taken with her, at the ComicsOnline.com website. Tapping discussed her transition to the cast of Stargate Atlantis for its fourth season (currently in production in Vancouver) and the two new direct-to-DVD movies, Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum, both of which will be released world-wide in 2008.

The movies were given close to $7 million each to produce and were shot on film versus in HD, and Tapping said that the experience was much more like making a major motion picture, especially when she shot scenes for Continuum:

The shooting is completely different. We are taking a lot longer to get the shots we want. The sets are bigger and the scopes are bigger. When you are sitting in an F-15, waiting to do these flying sequences and you have a whole battalion of Air Force pilots behind you, you realize this is just huge. When a nuclear submarine is coming up through the ice and your camera is on it you realize “THIS IS HUGE”.
                Tapping didn’t provide much detail as to the plots of the movies, but still offered a few tidbits as to their feel:
                The Ark of Truth

What would have been Season Eleven of Stargate SG-1 has been condensed into the movie Stargate: The Ark of Truth, written and directed by Robert C. Cooper. Even though the story was compressed into the one movie, Tapping said that it “is huge” and “really finishes out the Ori storyline. It just really is massive in scope. Rob directed a huge movie.”
                Continuum

Tapping talked about the eight days she spent in the Arctic shooting scenes for Brad Wright’s Continuum, directed by Martin Wood, and how the experience was “unbelievably life altering.” She then went on to describe the movie: “Continuum is a stand alone which really is a romp. We bring back an old bad guy, Ba’al, who comes back and is badder than ever…and then we go back [in] time and everything goes crazy.”

As far as getting a chance to see old friends, she said, “Not a lot. I think people were hoping to see Janet Fraiser… but it doesn’t go back in time in that same sense.”

Fans have compared the premise of the movie with that of “Moebius” (from Season Eight), and Tapping admits there is some similarity, “but it really does feel different because its just so big.”

To read the full interview, visit ComicsOnline.com. Matt Sernaker promises that more interviews with the cast and crew of Stargate will be published soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
                  5? why 5? i saw ATLEAST 10!!!.

Oh and fore anyone that cares, i changed my DeviantArt username its now Molten Tessaract.

Link: www.MoltenTessaract.deviantart.com
                  10 would be very nice

6 is the mininum that I would be relatively satisfied with. (Satisfied in the sense that 6 seasons is a good run)... But really, 10 would rock.

Comment

TBH at the moment i'm not sure about ten seasons. but then again, ten seasons always seems unimaginable, but shows like M*A*S*H, x-files, sg1 have all changed that. five for sure, seven if five goes well. ten in my dreams. that's my prediction. and you can quote me on that
                    "what?"
                    *throat punch*

Comment

Hey everyone!

I'm on a self imposed spoiler free month, to celebrate the return of S4. So alas, I won't be able to do the JM Blog! Ford, its all yours for now lol

Must resist spoilers! Itsbeen two days and not 1 spoiler! Its been sooo hard lol
                      sigpic
                      By *E*K*R*

Comment

JMs Blog!

Spoiler:

PG15 writes: “When the Daedalus lands at Atlantis for whatever reason, does it land on a pier, or in the water beside a pier?”

Answer: The Daedalus and Apollo usually remain in orbit. On the rare instances where the Daedalus has come down, it landed on a pier.

Thornyrose writes: “One question on the upcoming dvds; is Gary Jones doing any commentaries on season 3?”

Answer: Gary Jones isn’t part of the Atlantis cast so he won’t be doing any commentary on season three. <---w00t!

Anonymous #1 writes: “1. Any attempts on putting classical music in stargate atlantis or not? Answers: 1. We’ll follow Joel’s lead on this one.

Moe Jacuzzi writes: “I happen to know that the filmmakers wish to sincerely apologize if any feelings were genuinely hurt by their irreverent sense of humor.”

Answer: Not at all. I thought the parody of Martin Gero sitting in his office answering questions was hilarious (although he only wears a suit and tie on special occasions) and hope he is big enough to laugh off a little friendly needling.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Is this by any chance the episode where Ronon goes to Earth?”

Answer: Ronon will be making three trips to Earth this upcoming season.

LesFez writes: “1. Will Carter take over as military head of Atlantis? 2. Will Sheppard still have as big a say as he does now if she does?”

Answers: Yes and yes.

KMcK writes: “IF there is a season 5, will you have plan to have her for more than 4 episodes ?”

Answer: We have made no plans for season 5 beyond our general thoughts for how the major story arc we have step up will develop beyond the season 4 cliffhanger.

WayBeyondSoccerMom writes: “Have any of the writers thought about a storyline where one of the men on the show becomes a father and the repercussions?”

Answer: Yup. There were plan to make McKay a father.

PG15 also writes: “…mind telling us the episode order for the second half of Season 4?”

Answer: Be All My Sins Remember’d, Spoils of War, Quarantine, Outcast, Trio, Midway, Harmony, Kindred I, Kindred II, Finale. <--- i don't think i've heard anything about Outcast!

wow spoiler free for two days! that's pretty good. seems i haven't broken you yet.... give me time *evil smile*
                        "what?"
                        *throat punch*

Comment

NOOOoooooooooo! You had to do the JM Blog didn't you! MUST RESIST!

Thats it, I'm leaving so I can't be tempted! Have a good day Rosey
                          sigpic
                          By *E*K*R*

Comment

there's not really anything too spoiler-y in there, if ya wanna read

lol see ya later eddie! have a good day
                            "what?"
                            *throat punch*

Comment

JM BLOG (pics):
                              Spoiler:
                              http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...t-13-2007.html

Today’s pics: the making of a rock ‘n roll wraith blaster video, shots from the set, David decribes the new hairdo he envisions for Rodney in season five, we ask Jewel what she's heard about the big secret finale.

Comment

JM BLOG:

Spoiler:
                                Yet Another Flanigan Fan writes: “Is "Outcast" the Sheppard backstory episode proposed by Joe Flanigan and written by Alan McCullough?”

Answer: Yep.

Teyilia writes: “So....McKay's the father of Teyla's baby?... or am I reading that wrong??”

Answer: Yeah, you’re reading it wrong.

PG15 writes: “Is "Finale" the actual name of the Season finale?”

Answer: Nope.

Linzi writes: “I was wondering, is the season finale linked to Kindred I and II in any way?”

Answer: Yep.

Comment

Working...
                                X