Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phaeton View Post
    By the sounds of it yes.

I think it would good if we still used spoiler tags if we're talking about an ep that has not aired in Aust. yet, as I & I'm sure others hav not seen all of SGA S2.
    i would like that as well. i don't like being unintentionally spoilt. however i do think it's cool that we don't need to put spoiler tags when talking about sg1 s9, or previous sga eps.

welcome will thorne! i don't trust the tv week at all. they're printed about a week before the guide starts, so most of the information is incorrect, plus it's a nation-wide mag so it's hard to get everything right.
    personally, i get the sunday mail for the tv book. it's not always 100% coz of last minute changes, but it's much better than the tv week. as for the 25-1st, i don't have that yet, it's best to look more towards the time to make sure.
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
      welcome will thorne! i don't trust the tv week at all. they're printed about a week before the guide starts, so most of the information is incorrect, plus it's a nation-wide mag so it's hard to get everything right.
      personally, i get the sunday mail for the tv book. it's not always 100% coz of last minute changes, but it's much better than the tv week. as for the 25-1st, i don't have that yet, it's best to look more towards the time to make sure.
      Thanks I'm going to check yourtv.com.au on Friday morning just to be safe, they always have the most up to date TV guide!

Comment

Welcome Will Thorne! green coming your way!

Sounds like a plan Phaeton!
        sigpic
        By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Will Thorne
          Hey i'm an Aussie, and found some horrible news. I was browsing through my mum's "TV Week" Magazine this afternoon, for the 25th Nov. to the 1st Dec., and as I was reading the Thursday page, next to the "Stargate: Atlantis" bit in the guide it said "Final".

I'm hoping it's just a printing mistake or I misread, but anybody with the magazine should really check it out .
          1stly Welcome to GWer

2ndly Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I wouldn't be suprised if 7 did this.

Comment

Originally posted by phaeton View Post
            By the sounds of it yes.

I think it would good if we still used spoiler tags if we're talking about an ep that has not aired in Aust. yet, as I & I'm sure others hav not seen all of SGA S2.
            yeah i'm australian and i download Stargate because the wait is just way too long its taken Ch7 about a year to start showing SGA again episode 2.01 in Australia while Sc-Fi is up to 3.11...

thats the general policy for spoiler tags, put them on un-aired epies

Comment

Shhh..no mention of D word on GW Unless it's from iTunes or BigPond or something.

I saw this on the Calling All Australians thread:
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=12857

Sad to hear that Thorpe quit..but he must have something better to do than swim in a pool for 15 years

Comment

Originally posted by broken-heart View Post
                Sad to hear that Thorpe quit..but he must have something better to do than swim in a pool for 15 years
                He did a lot for the Sport in this country.
                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                  He did a lot for the Sport in this country.
                  Yes, he won a lot which was the point of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks View Post
                    He also was a good ambasador for the sport and country. Plus he was a good leader in the swimming team from all accounts...
                    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Thropie was a good athlete, ambassidor & an all-round 'good sport'; proving you don't need to be 'rich &/or famous' to make a difference in this world & do good on behalf of us common folk & your country (although I still think he's gay, or at leats 'metro-sexual'! I know eveyrone has a right to privacy, but how long does the man wanna kep the rest of single guys & gals waiting ot find out if he's 'available'!. *lol* )

He also empathized something which, I personally feel that, IMHO, is very important (especially in today's world in which we live): fame, celebrity, power &/or prestige are worth little - if nothing - if you don't do something good/beneficial with it (& by that I mean for other's sakes & not your own1 ). . .

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks View Post
                        Winning is not the be-all & end-all (i really wish people would get over trying to'the best' at everything! It's unrealistic, irritating & selfish - not to mention every individual has his/her own unique, special talents & things that s/he are both good & bad at! )

The fact he did so with grace & humility - & was just as happy when someone else won - should mean more than how many times he won this or that, tr how many records/medals he may or may not have - although it is always nice to win every once in a whiles!

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
                          Winning is not the be-all & end-all (i really wish people would get over trying to'the best' at everything! It's unrealistic, irritating & selfish - not to mention every individual has his/her own unique, special talents & things that s/he are both good & bad at! )

The fact he did so with grace & humility - & was just as happy when someone else won - should mean more than how many times he won this or that, tr how many records/medals he may or may not have - although it is always nice to win every once in a whiles!
                          I agree. Good post

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Yep, thorpie did some great things in this country! Its a pitty that he has to move on, but im sure he has other hings he wants to do with his life.

Had my last exam yesterday, now 3-4months of freedom! It feels sooooo good!
                            sigpic
                            By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
                              (although I still think he's gay, or at leats 'metro-sexual'! I know eveyrone has a right to privacy, but how long does the man wanna kep the rest of single guys & gals waiting ot find out if he's 'available'!. *lol* )
                              i thought he was gay, but the way he was talking during his quit speech, if he was gonna come out he would have. oh well, whether he is or isn't don't matter to me!
                              we all think winning shouldn't be everything, but we are all programmed to win.

yay for no more exams!
                              "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                              "what?"
                              *throat punch*
                              My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                              LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Hello down under fans long time long time, hope you are all well. Been busy on tour and yay back at gate world. I must have missed a lot since I've been away. I realised they started aring Atlantis S3 last week which mind you I think is an awsome ep with just the right balance and dynamic and OMG the battle scene was just eye candy. I've noticed this thread has moved to this section now LOL which I'm not suprised, at lease now we can discuss both Atlantis and SG1.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X