This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's our Motherships?

After the defeat of the Goa'uld there were perhaps hundreds of Motherships floating around the galaxy and it seems all the spoils were taken by the Jaffa, Tok'ra and Lucian Alliance. I think Earth should get its fair share. Instead we have created three governments, who before were only a small threat but now have the ability to launch a full scale attack against us. And all we got is a few BC303's or X303's or LMNOP's or what ever you call them. It's a bit like the US giving Vietnam weapons then going to war with them. What do you guys think?

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Originally posted by RuleBritannia
    After the defeat of the Goa'uld there were perhaps hundreds of Motherships floating around the galaxy and it seems all the spoils were taken by the Jaffa, Tok'ra and Lucian Alliance. I think Earth should get its fair share. Instead we have created three governments, who before were only a small threat but now have the ability to launch a full scale attack against us. And all we got is a few BC303's or X303's or LMNOP's or what ever you call them. It's a bit like the US giving Vietnam weapons then going to war with them. What do you guys think?

So long and thanks for all the fish.
    TPTB don't want to give us anything that we can so easily reverse engineer something from. (hatak energy weapons).

LMNOP's
    What are these?

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Its better to use something that you made and therefore fix rather then use someones stuff and run to them everytime it breaks. Goa'uld tech is still kind of advanced and some of it might not be able to be produced by Earth. So its better to use something you can understand and manufacture. Plus Asgard shielding is way better then whats seen so far on Ha'taks though the Ha'tak has the advantage of it having energy weapons.

Plus those ships are kind of useless against the might of the almighty and powerful Ori. Hallowed are the children of the Ori.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
        Its better to use something that you made and therefore fix rather then use someones stuff and run to them everytime it breaks. Goa'uld tech is still kind of advanced and some of it might not be able to be produced by Earth. So its better to use something you can understand and manufacture. Plus Asgard shielding is way better then whats seen so far on Ha'taks though the Ha'tak has the advantage of it having energy weapons.

Plus those ships are kind of useless against the might of the almighty and powerful Ori. Hallowed are the children of the Ori.
        I wouldn't mind having a few Ha'taks for study or something, better than having none at all. Think of a bunch of stuff we could do with the ships other than solely for the purpose of fighting the Ori -- better our understanding of the tech, troop transport, backups, off-world bases for operations, relay stations etc.
        "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

If we could have the Asgard place a few of their shields on some Ha'taks, I'd be all for having a few.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Wouldn't a Mothership require a lot people to run? I say just strip the weapons(the asgard may have to help with that) and put them on a Tauri ship. Then it may be easier for humans to maintain.
            aka paddytehpyro

Comment

Originally posted by pyrodude
              Wouldn't a Mothership require a lot people to run? I say just strip the weapons(the asgard may have to help with that) and put them on a Tauri ship. Then it may be easier for humans to maintain.
              Strip a few, then keep a few for study so we won't have to rely on stripping motherships of their weapons (we don't really know how many we'll have access to).

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

Having Hataks would be good for one simple reason - they have already been built. I don't know how long it takes to build the ships for the new Earth fleet but I bet it's a while. Why not bulk the fleet out with already available ships - it will save on resources as well.

Or alternatively, park a few, inactive ones on the moon as a back up in case there is ever another direct attack on earth and they can be retrieved and used. Or link them all together and operate them remotely as some kind of orbiting weapons platform.
                sigpic

Comment

Instead we have created three governments, who before were only a small threat but now have the ability to launch a full scale attack against us. And all we got is a few BC303's or X303's or LMNOP's or what ever you call them. It's a bit like the US giving Vietnam weapons then going to war with them. What do you guys think?
                  I can't see the Jaffa, Tok'ra or Lucian Alliance attacking us. The Tok'ra just wouldn't, and the Jaffa won't unless there's some crazy reason (like being taken over by the Ori), especially now that Bra'tac is their leader.
                  The Lucian Alliance seems mainly bothered about it's own interests, and wouldn't really have any reason to invade a planet, especially Earth. They're basically crime lords, not maniacal supervillains who want to conquer the universe (Jabba the Hutt, not Palpatine).

Originally posted by pyrodude
                  No more than a 303/304, I wouldn't have thought, although both Ha'taks and Earth ships can be run by just a few people, ie. SG-1.

Comment

Working...
                  X