Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There needs to be 10 seasons. Season 9 and 10 one massive story arch and then after 10 a movie, to tie up all loose ends. A tv movie, excuse me. That would be awesome.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I think if StargateSG-1 continues to get really good ratings in season 8 there is going to be some number-crunching and arm-twisting to see if they can wring a season 9 out of it. Especially if they feel Atlantis still needs SG-1 as a lead in on Friday nights.

If Atlantis gets steady ratings the first half of the season (no drop-off) then they may just go with Atlantis and (hopefully) give SG-1 a big finish at the end of season 8. SG-1 can come back for TV movies or a miniseries and/or guest appearances on Atlantis.

After seeing the premiere of Atlantis, and being more impressed than I expected, I personally hope they close out season 8 on a high note and leave us with Atlantis and the promise of seeing SG-1 later on down the road. I don't want to lose SG-1 but I also don't want to see them continuing to produce that show because they feel like they *have* to, not because they *want* to.
      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
        After seeing the premiere of Atlantis, and being more impressed than I expected, I personally hope they close out season 8 on a high note and leave us with Atlantis and the promise of seeing SG-1 later on down the road. I don't want to lose SG-1 but I also don't want to see them continuing to produce that show because they feel like they *have* to, not because they *want* to.
        I agree. Given the way SciFi has behaved in the past, I don't hold out hope that they wouldn't want to milk their cash cow for everything if they thought they could get away with it, even if it means running it straight into the ground. Then again, TPTB could always "Just say no."
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I think now, Scifi is behind whatever the ptb want to do, Scifi says that they would do a S9 if they wanted to do it, and if the show is still wanted, which is probably still going to be
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
            LOL! Good timing. Hey what can I say, apart from: GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE! Rock on

and what can i say? Aside from finishing the phrase:

AND FOOLS NEVER DIFFER.

as to season 9 lets just see whats season 8s like first eh?
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

Haha well I must quibble with that, because while there may be common traits among "fools", they sure do flame each other a lot on message boards.

Stargate SG-1 must have more lives than a cat or something, because I keep digging up old articles saying it was slated to end, and it lives on!
              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Working...
              X