Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALMaTTIATSO - "The Anti-'Let's-Make-A-Thread-There-Are-Already-20-Such-Of'"!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALMaTTIATSO - "The Anti-'Let's-Make-A-Thread-There-Are-Already-20-Such-Of'"!!!

As I've suggested before, let's try to make the Mods create a sticky called "Bring back Jack/I dislike Cameron/Season 9 sucks/The previous seasons were so much better" thread where everyone can whine, cry and have meaningful discussions on said subject. Or a separate forum just for such topics to where all such topics will be moved.

Most smart people don't post new threads about threads they see are stickied and let's face it, it's getting annoying to see the same things being posted in new ways over and over again.

People are entitled to their opinions. But if I were to start "Furlings rule!" threads every other week, people would start bickering.

So, let's all join the ALMaTTIATSO and try to work towards these goals!

Wow! Making the threads has you really busy this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Cherriey
      Wow! Making the threads has you really busy this morning!
      I'm just trying to show how stupid it is to have the same threads pop up every once in a while (actually every few days/weeks)(having them pop up is stupid, their opinions and their posters don't necessarily have to be stupid).

Comment

This has really gotten you mad hasn't it?

Comment

And yet every other day we seem to get a thread like this that complains about threads that other people write.

Maybe they can have a sticky for
          "I am sick of threads created by people whos opinion I dont agree with"

Then everyone that wants to complain about other posters will have a place to go, it's getting annoying to see the same things being posted in new ways over and over again.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

This whole sticky thing could get rather crowded. =0) I still like my idea of making one sticky thread where the mods update which posts exist in this board. It would solve all of those problems.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
              And yet every other day we seem to get a thread like this that complains about threads that other people write.

Maybe they can have a sticky for
              "I am sick of threads created by people whos opinion I dont agree with"

Then everyone that wants to complain about other posters will have a place to go, it's getting annoying to see the same things being posted in new ways over and over again.
              Every other day? I've been around since Christmas and I can still count the number of such threads on 2 hands as opposed to the threads we oppose, which are much more numerous.

Also, if they just kept it to one thread, people wouldn't have to start threads against such activity. And least mine is the 1st based on trying to rid ourselves of this evil circle. 1 sticky/sub-forum = less cloggage from both sides.

Everybody wins!

Originally posted by Cherriey
              This whole sticky thing could get rather crowded. =0) I still like my idea of making one sticky thread where the mods update which posts exist in this board. It would solve all of those problems.
              Which made me suggest an entire sub-forum for these kinds of threads .

Comment

Aha! Clever. =0)

Comment

In spirit of this topic lets stop making topics concerning this subject, since they've been made at least a few times.
                  Signed,

Gregorius
                  Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                  Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Why don't folks start making the mod's lives easier by reporting redundant threads so that we can merge them with existing ones instead of giving us MORE work to do cleaning up after folks.

You know, if you - the general you - are so well versed with the search function and know that a topic thread already exists, then go educate the newbies and teach them something, which will help to eliminate the problem rather than making it worse.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X