This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis' Naquadah Asteroid = More ships

If we mine the asteroid that anubis dragged into our solar system and set on course for earth we'll be able to get a lot more naquadah when the mine we have now goes dry (which im expecting to happen soon) 54,000 metric tons of naquadah isnt much concidering how big a battlecruiser is or whatever they're calling it now. We know the trajectory of it so we'll be able to tow it into orbit on a planet and mine the asteroid from a planets surface. It was a pretty large asteroid with correct me if Im wrong about 80% Naquadah in the core. We should use it. I just want to know where the Russians are getting the naquadah and resources for the Korelev.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Let me get this straight. You want to park an Astroid on a planet and then mine it?
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Damn Right. It shouldnt be that hard concidering what we've seen TPTB pull out of their collective @$$e$. Ships do have deceleration drives. They can do what carter did in Grace and encompass the asteroid like they did the alien ship in grace. Its simply a matter of getting close enough to a planet and decelerating through the atmosphere at a slow enough speed so the entire asteroid stays intact. Then just place it on the ground and set up a mining operation.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Right, the asteroid has probalby more naquada in it then any mine we can find and exploit. It should not have been forgotten by the writers.

Comment

Why don't we put it on the moon? I mean if we put it here it could be noticeable...and with the moon we don't have to worry about it burning up in the atmosphere if something goes wrong.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

just mine it in space use the beaming tech of odyssey and beam it to the moon or something.

Comment

Or we could just beam the naquadah out of it.

Best Stargate quote:
              Green is your friend.

Comment

If you put it on some planet it would probly make a hole from its weight 10 times the size and depth of the grand canyon :\

Comment

Originally posted by CHEL NAK GUY
                  If you put it on some planet it would probly make a hole from its weight 10 times the size and depth of the grand canyon :\
                  Which is why the moon is so much better. A heck of a lot less gravity...and coupled with our tech, we could slow it down and land it safely on the moon.

Comment

Wouldn't people be like "What the f*** is that incredibly large thing doing on the moon when i am innocently looking through my new telescope i bought for $300 (AU mind you) at 'BigW'. just my little version of a scenario

Comment

Originally posted by CHEL NAK GUY
                      Wouldn't people be like "What the f*** is that incredibly large thing doing on the moon when i am innocently looking through my new telescope i bought for $300 (AU mind you) at 'BigW'.
                      They could put it on the Dark Side, the only way it'd be seen is by satellite, and the Feds could put a gag order.

Comment

Why not have the asteroid towed into a stable orbit around the nearest planet and then set up a mining operation on its' surface? It seems like that would be alot easier than trying to land it intact on a planet.
                        JOIN THE FIGHT FOR GALACTIC DOMINATION!

http://stargatewars.com/recruit.php?uniqid=dl1158117270

Comment

Why do we have to land anything? Just (as someone else has said) beam the Naquadah out of there. Failing that, nudge it into a stable orbit around another planet, put a little mining station on it, and you're golden.

EDIT: Abydos, I'm scared, I am really scared. Why are you reading my mind?

Comment

I agree, beaming the naquadah out would be easier.

Comment

It has an inert core, so you can use the process to create naquadria safely. You can have like a hundred wings of 302's all with asgard hyperspace drives.

Think about it. Earth gets aggressive, creates lets say 12 wings of ships (12 x 36). Thats like 400 302's each equipped with hyperdrives and naquadria-enhanced nukes. Coordinate them so that they all hit all the ori or goauld planets at once. That would be friggin' sweet.
                              "Ya shure, yaaa betcha."

Comment

Working...
                              X