This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone Answer This For Me

okay. so i'm new to this forum. well forums all together. but that's neither here or there. my question that i have been trying to find the answer but came up unsuccesful (sp?) is...

The Ancients created the Stargates and it's network of gates all over this galaxy and other(s). The Gou'ld (or however you spell it) used the stargate to transport humans from Earth to other worlds around the universe.

OKAY HERE IS THE ACTUALL QUESTION

why did the Ancients create the stargate network if there were no humans on other planets to use the stargates???

-Knight-
    "sir, we cannot name the ship the Enterprise"

Originally posted by knight_lyon
    okay. so i'm new to this forum. well forums all together. but that's neither here or there. my question that i have been trying to find the answer but came up unsuccesful (sp?) is...

The Ancients created the Stargates and it's network of gates all over this galaxy and other(s). The Gou'ld (or however you spell it) used the stargate to transport humans from Earth to other worlds around the universe.

why did the Ancients create the stargate network if there were no humans on other planets to use the stargates???

-Knight-
    Most of the planets were colonized by descendants of the Alterrans (Ancients). However they were wiped out by the plague. The few survivors used the machine on Dakara to reseed life in the galaxy, at which point humans re-evolved on Earth. Then they were kidnapped by the Goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by knight_lyon

-Knight-
      Hi - and welcome to the forum!

a) They seeded life in the galaxy, which resulted in a second evolution of themselves (us)
      MORE IMPORTANTLY
      b) They weren't always ascended. When they corporeal, they would have used the Stargate as a means of transport themselves.
      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Well that pretty much explains it. Welcome to the Forum.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

most likley for space exploration and there were other species and people on other planets.
          your new guide to stargate news.
          www.stargatenews.mypodcast.com

Master Control Radio
          www.mastercontrol.mypodcast.com

Comment

Maybe it was for the benefit of the other races in the great alliance...

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
              Most of the planets were colonized by descendants of the Alterrans (Ancients). However they were wiped out by the plague. The few survivors used the machine on Dakara to reseed life in the galaxy, at which point humans re-evolved on Earth. Then they were kidnapped by the Goa'uld.
              Yeah, I'd say this sums things up pretty well. No arguments here. Welcome to the forum, knight_lyon.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Thanks for the answer. that satisfied my curiosity. and thanks for the "welcome to the forum" guys. i started watching the show like the last day of of Jan. and now i just finished season 5. tho, i'm gonna take a break before i go buy season 6 and the others.

-Knight-
                "sir, we cannot name the ship the Enterprise"

Comment

Because the show would suck if there weren't Stargates all over the place.

Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                    Because the show would suck if there weren't Stargates all over the place.

Duh.
                    Why? They never use the gate anymore The way things are going its gonna be called "Gettin-Rescued-By-The-Odyssey SG1"
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                      Why? They never use the gate anymore The way things are going its gonna be called "Gettin-Rescued-By-The-Odyssey SG1"
                      C'mon, if they have the technology, why not use it? Trust me, I'm sure there will be plenty of times were a ship isn't there to help out. It's happened before, and it certainly will happen again.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

well the original purpose of this thread has been achieved So I'll be closing this
                        Welcome to the Forum...I hope you have a great time
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                        X