X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Link (Spoilers)

Spoilers for Fragile Balance s7
    .PLEASE INCLUDE SPOILER SPACE AND SAY WHAT EP / SEASON IT'S FOR.

Remember, the scene aboard Loki's ship in 'Fragile Balance'.
    Thor says (about the Asgard's genetic research):
    The missing link still eludes us.

I'm not science-dude, but I think I've figured it out.

Spoilers for Atlantis
    .PLEASE INCLUDE SPOILER SPACE AND SAY WHAT EP / SEASON IT'S FOR.

We know from Atlantis that the disase we called 'The Plague' was actually a bio-weapons created by the Wraiths to kill the Ancients.
    Lets presume the virus can tell the difference between Humans and Ancients by looking for a special gene.
    The one that O'Neill, Beckett and Shepard have, which allows you to interact with Ancients machinery.
    One out of sixteen-thousand people have this gene.

Okay, we know the Plague also hit Earth (during the Dark Ages).
    We know that it killed lots of people.
    I think the humans of the Dark Ages, ironically, were genetically more advanced.
    It would also explain why some people survived the plague, even though they had been in contact with it.
    That's why the gene is so rare these days, most people that had it died when the plague struck.
    They disease set human evolution back a few steps.
    If the gene had been as rare it is today, The Plague would have wiped it out.
    Bottomline, the missing link can be in one word:

Commonality.

What do you think of my theory ?

Side-theory:

Beckett (and presumably his ancestors to) is (/were) from Scotland.
    And O'Neill's name suggests that he had ancestors in Ireland.
    The fact that both these places are not on the main-land of Europe might have something to do with why they have the gene.
    Last edited by Madeleine; 15 July 2004, 07:56 PM.
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Yes we all know Europe owns everyone else

This theory has been suggested by many, although not the part about the dark ages.

Comment

Why would the Wraith release a second virus to wipe us out? If they took their fight to the Pegasus Galaxy? Also, they need us, for food. We are the only abundant source of life force that they saw.

There are many flaws in your theory.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
        Why would the Wraith release a second virus to wipe us out? If they took their fight to the Pegasus Galaxy? Also, they need us, for food. We are the only abundant source of life force that they saw.

There are many flaws in your theory.
        It could be that the disase got left behind on some artifact.
        And somebody bug it up in the dark ages, releasing it.
        The infection of Earth could have be an accident.

Also, they don't need Earth specifically.
        Since Atlantis shows that there are humans in the Pegasus galaxy.
        Or maybe the Wraith realized that one the we'd be back and we'd be ready for them.
        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I beleive the Wraith seeded the Pegasus galaxy with the Taur'i just as the System lords did.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

nope the Ancients seeded the galaxy. In anycase, your theory could be correct. In the series they siad the remaining ancients left atlantis to return to earth. this could mean that they may have carried the disaease with them. The statement about English(includes scots and irish) having the gene may also be true because if you think about it England was close to the water the tails ive heard of atlantis is that it was prolly in atlantic ocean near where england is. however in theshow it is discovered i nantartica well this means the ancients may have sent ships up the atlantic to england because Africa was still covered by desert and spain was also dry and england was ncie. This may of allowed the english intermarry with ancients, but as a result of war between europeans england sent troops that were part ancient int europe and spread the seed however most of it may have been killed off by the plague when it strucked, or perhaps as someone has said it may of been i nan artifact and acidently realeased. In any case, its possible that the Ancients like the British considering I believe asgard were their gods at one point, so perhaps when the ancients left the asgard felt it neccessary to take care of them.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Yea, I made that statement before I watched Atlantis.

Comment

When has it ever been said that the Wraith sent a bioweapon? I thought that a plague swept through the galaxy at one point and the Ancients went to Pegasus unprepared to battle a race that rivaled their own.

Comment

Hm, question being so far, how do the Wraith rival the Ancients? Apart from the obvious psi-tricks and feeding off of them, there's got to be more than that and if there is, they will obviously show it in future episodes.
                  Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                  more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Working...
                  X