Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are what... 8 topics on this subject now?

Comment

yeah i think they should be trimed and merged by someone, for some reason though ive posted in all of them yet havent started any of them!
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Daedalus.

Not Deadalus.

Comment

You couldn't fit all the jumpers in the bays along with the F-302s. We lost several jumpers over the last year. The jumpers we got in The Tower were inoperable because they had no power. We had NO drones before the end of The Tower, we also don't know how many we got from them. Your theory is a good one, but would only work on a half-dozen hives before we ran out of drones. We need the Odyssey in the Milky Way now, especially with Prommie gone.

Here is a plan for takeing down Hives. The whole thing is dependant on good intel. Infact, excellent and infallible intel.

1. Evacuate a world that will be culled soon.
          2. When evacuation complete, remove the stargate.
          3. Lie in wait so that the Hives will appear in front of you with their backs turned when they leave Hyperspace.
          4. Fire on the engines, destroying them. If at all possible, beam nukes into rooms or corridors adjacent to the engines themselves. Or just outside them. Drones would work even better, you are all either overestimateing Hive hulls, or underestimateing the drones.
          5. Either make some parting shots for good measure, or just jump to hyperspace.

With no way of escape, and nothing to feed on but eachother, the Wraith will be stranded and doomed. Also might be good to destroy any long range communications, last thing we need is for them to call for help. Although this is not as likely as before, since they are pretty much trying to kill eachother for lack of humans to feed upon.

Comment

^Thats quite a good idea

Comment

yeah i know! im actually really liking it. although we would need to do some good scouting around of the hive ships in a claoked PJ to be able to get it right.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                yeah i know! im actually really liking it. although we would need to do some good scouting around of the hive ships in a claoked PJ to be able to get it right.
                Spoiler:
                Well think about it, we were given the full schematics of their hive ships in the last part of S2, and although the Wraith used a virus to delete it as well as upload some of our database, who's to say that McKay, Zalenka or anybody else didnt copy it first. They could have easily copied it to a firewalled part of the network in order to stop the Wraith deleting it.

But yeah, we would have to do certain scouts and recon before we could pull this off, but like I said it would be much better to just have better weapons on our ships then we could just destroy them , but until then lets get scoutin

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver
                  You couldn't fit all the jumpers in the bays along with the F-302s. We lost several jumpers over the last year. The jumpers we got in The Tower were inoperable because they had no power. We had NO drones before the end of The Tower, we also don't know how many we got from them. Your theory is a good one, but would only work on a half-dozen hives before we ran out of drones. We need the Odyssey in the Milky Way now, especially with Prommie gone.

Here is a plan for takeing down Hives. The whole thing is dependant on good intel. Infact, excellent and infallible intel.

1. Evacuate a world that will be culled soon.
                  2. When evacuation complete, remove the stargate.
                  3. Lie in wait so that the Hives will appear in front of you with their backs turned when they leave Hyperspace.
                  4. Fire on the engines, destroying them. If at all possible, beam nukes into rooms or corridors adjacent to the engines themselves. Or just outside them. Drones would work even better, you are all either overestimateing Hive hulls, or underestimateing the drones.
                  5. Either make some parting shots for good measure, or just jump to hyperspace.

With no way of escape, and nothing to feed on but eachother, the Wraith will be stranded and doomed. Also might be good to destroy any long range communications, last thing we need is for them to call for help. Although this is not as likely as before, since they are pretty much trying to kill eachother for lack of humans to feed upon.

as mensioned, i said we would load up on jumpers and then fill any remaining space with F302's, although he said the jumpers were out of power - 1st , isnt it possible that mckay and raddek (spelling) could repair them, or even more so, is it not possible that the reason they dont work is because the ATA gene has grown so thin in the remaining ATA holders. and granted we don't know how many drones they had but we are talking about a city here, its bound to of had quite alot - granted atlantis didnt but then it had been under seige. and i did already state that in my original post (im sure i did lol?) that we wouldnt have enough drones for all of the hives, but that it could be used as a deffensive measure if the time came.

just clearing that up

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Working...
                  X