This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working / Writing for Stargate

Ok this is going somewhat of a dumb question, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Anyone know how I can a production job with the people involved with Stargate? Or who I'd contact. (I'm looking for a summer job).
    Osiris

Originally posted by Osiris2911
    Ok this is going somewhat of a dumb question, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Anyone know how I can a production job with the people involved with Stargate? Or who I'd contact. (I'm looking for a summer job).
    MMM the only recommendation I have is to apply at Bridge or submit your resume through Human Resource channels for the show. Those I am not sure. However, you could contact the studio in writing or talk to the switchboard to find out to apply. Also are you eligible to work in Canada??
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I asked Darren this, but he didn't have a definitive answer. Does anyone out there know how to find a reputable script agent. Someone's got to read my scripts. Oh yeah, what's the average length of a script?

Comment

You might try posting this question over in Members Helping Members since we throw Magic Beans at Non-Mod types who answer here

ETA: I have absolutely no idea who you should send your scripts to or how to get an agent
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Screenplays should run about 40-50 pages to allow room for editing.

Comment

For those of you considering entering the field of professional script writing, or working closely on a "professional production", consider joining Stargate: Horizon. Stargate: Horizon doesn't offer payed positions (at least not yet), it provides a valuable experience in working in a professional format. And you could even use your experience at Stargate Horizon as source material for a resume or a sample portfolio. I'm a concept artist for Stargate Horizon, and i find it an excellent and exciting opportunity to work in a professional environment.

Alex Rubit is the executive producer for Stargate Horizon. If you're interested in joining Stargate Horizon, visit the Stargate Horizon forum here at GW and post your interest in a thread or send Alex a PM to the username (not surprisingly) Alex Rubit.

Comment

Here's one:

http://careers.awn.com/jobdisplay.php3?job_no=18305

"Opportunity exists to be involved with production itself for the right candidate"

but it's to do with Graphics. Anyone good with graphics and lives in the Lower Mainland?
              Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by hypergate
                I asked Darren this, but he didn't have a definitive answer. Does anyone out there know how to find a reputable script agent. Someone's got to read my scripts. Oh yeah, what's the average length of a script?
                Well, it depends what kind of script you are writing. There are many types of scripts. Scripts for film, television, sitcoms, tv movies, all of them have slightly different formats.

It's too late for me to think of any references off hand, but there are plenty of books and references out there if you are seriously interested in screenwriting.
                ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                  Here's one:

http://careers.awn.com/jobdisplay.php3?job_no=18305

"Opportunity exists to be involved with production itself for the right candidate"

but it's to do with Graphics. Anyone good with graphics and lives in the Lower Mainland?
                  VFX compositors are guys who work with the Rendering programs to composite scenes and effects. It's essentially digital rendering. A very rewarding job (but intesive job). They're only looking for local talent, so if any of you are outside the Vancouver metro area (or local area surrounding), then you're not eligible.

You will probably need experience in rendering packages like Maya, Combustion, 3D Studio Max, or other professional rendering packages.

Comment

Originally posted by hypergate
                    I recommend grabbing a copy of "The Complete Book of Script Writing" by J. Michael Straczynski (creator & writer of Babylon 5) - it's a really interesting read and full of practical advice on both the writing process and things like agents amd getting into the business.

Comment

Interesting, some forums I visit...if a member (especially a new one) were to post such a question, he would get "flamed". Nice to see you guys are helpful about such things.

Seems like this isnt the first time, tell me...has a member submitted a script before that was used?

Comment

used on the show you mean? I dont think they can do that cause of legal rights, wouldn't want to get sued or something. Maybe they can if its through an agent, I dont know. Just the impression I got was they wouldnt accept a script from an outside source.
                        Thanks for SIG to KIDWIZZ

Comment

If you want to work on Show "X" never write a sample script for Show "X". They won't read it. Write instead a few scripts for other shows in similar genres.
                          "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

I've been wanting to make script involving the other nations in the SG universe.
                            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                              I've been wanting to make script involving the other nations in the SG universe.
                              What do you mean? Scripts on each nation? or a one large script involving every nation in SG?
                              Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Working...
                              X