X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
    eh don't care

if it means carter and daniel in atlantis instead of wussy mckay
    Now you just wait one darn minute, theres no need to bring mckay into this. he may be wussy, and not as smart as sam, but i'll be dammed if he isn't the best comedic relief i have ever seen. and a fantastic actor(talking about david now of course) as he has demonstrated in ep 14 and repeadly through out SGA.
    Get YOUR P90 Here!
    Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

Comment

Originally posted by whatswiththehairtealc
      Now you just wait one darn minute, theres no need to bring mckay into this. he may be wussy, and not as smart as sam, but i'll be dammed if he isn't the best comedic relief i have ever seen. and a fantastic actor(talking about david now of course) as he has demonstrated in ep 14 and repeadly through out SGA.
      Well, you've got my support there, come join the thunk thread (See sig) or an appreciation thread for the guy.

Now, on topic.
      A single ratings drop doesn't worry me in the slightest, hell, they should start to take tolls on the downloaded (No, i'm not advertising it.) versions of SG-1 and Atlantis, last time I checked, there were, at minimal a number of about 30,000 people trying to get SG-1, no idea about the Atlantis figures, but I assume they'd stay strong, and this was a constant 30,000, not just a spike.

Anyway, I feel that Atlantis will live long into the night, and SG-1 will live some time longer, it's still got some good stories in it yet.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

I agree that McKay is the most comedic character in the SG series and his acting is pretty darn good. If it wasn't for McKay, I wouldn't even watch SGA.
        Malp on a stick, cmon people. Brilliant
        I predict 2 more seasons till they run out of ideas or ratings.

Comment

Stargate SG-1 is definitely a bigger show than Atlantis. Its lost its main star, and switched networks midway through (without dumbing itself down and continuing the original continuity) and still grew as a show. Don't doubt the staying power of our favorite team of explorers.
          "Ya shure, yaaa betcha."

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
            I agree.

At any rate, there does appear to be a bit of panic over the ratings drop. While it probably doesn't bode well for the program, the best thing you can do at the moment is continue to watch and show your support.

Edited because I will not let inflammatory posts bother me. I will not.

Yeah, people tend to forget that: 1) it's on a cable channel, and 2) it's up against one of the biggest reality shows today. SG-1 has a really royal fan base and they, I mean, WE, won't let anything happen to the show before it's time.

There's only us,
            There's only this
            Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
            No other road,
            No other way
            No day but today...

Comment

And then what?

I was just reading the gateworld report that SG1 reached a all time low for a first run since season 7 and it got me thinking....

scifi cancels its best most sucessful show and then what? we have SGA and BSG? sure but BSG is starting to suck, and SGA;s days are numbered once SG1 is gone. even so that leaves a grand total of 2 hours i will even turn on SCIFI TV. WE NEED a new killer TV show for SCi fi. SO this is a call to all the scifi writers out there to start working on some great shows. Its a real travesty that farscape and firefly got canned, cause i would say lets continue those but we cant, cause the movies came out, so their plots are done. so we need a new show that can touch us all the way SG and FS and FF have, and we need to get out there and tell the TV comunity that we love and will watch these shows!!! even if we dont have a nielsen box on top of our TV!!

on a personal note i really hope surface continues in some way!!
              hello there going in to a 10th season every one has signed on to do season 10 sg1 it still is one of scifi high rateing show and thats all i have to say on this
              carter "colone?"
              o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

Whatever happens to the show in the future, I take solice in the fact that they had a great series finale at the end of season 8, and that that was the end of (what I call) the "original" SG-1. What's on now is basically a different show entirely. I'd love for it to continue, and I'll keep watching it and buying the DVDs as long as it does, but I'm not going to run screaming through the streets when it ends. Whatever happens happens, and there's nothing we can do about it but enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

imo SciFi will either cancel half way through S10 or it wont last any longer than S12

it feels like scifi are just trying to keep the show alive now so they have the longest running science fiction show, i dont really think they care about the show itself or what happens to it after they have that accolade
                  - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
                    Oh yeah? This is what you said via your first post:

"Boo" to yourself for your rep message!!

This isn't Surface's fansite! You post crap threads like this, expect to get burn!

Who's with me in thinking this guys needs some serious red?
                    Not me.
                    I am absolutely not with you and in fact made a point to give him green.
                    Just like you he is entitled to his opinion and entitled not to be harassed by people who have no respect for other people’s opinions.

whatswiththehairtealc I applaud you. The only thing I would suggest (just as constructive criticism) is that if a lot of people feel a title is misleading it may not be a bad idea to acquiescence and change it to something that they don’t find as disturbing (you are not required to do so, but it doesn’t seem something worth fighting over too much, but then we all take our stands). I would also suggest using other people’s names in a way they think is "respectful". Some people like me you can call whatever you like some people like BigGator5 you must use the correct name or it causes them some unnecessary stress. And last thing some people need is unnecessary stress
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I for one LOVE s. 9. There's not a single episode I didn't like. Although I liked some episodes more then others. I just think they could have a litle bit more of a fight with the Ori then they are having. And we need more ships etc. What I've always loved about Stargate are the ships in it, cool weapons and creepy enemies.

Not that it matters here, but I would love a mini-series about the System lords (the goa'uld empire) which would happen before Ra was killed.

About SG-1 and Atlantis. I think Atlantis can only be aired while SG-1 is in the air. I wouldn't watch Atlantis if SG1 where canceled, because I look at it as the same show.
                      And want them to be as connected as possible.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

And then what?

I was just reading the gateworld report that SG1 reached a all time low for a first run since season 7 and it got me thinking....

sure but BSG is starting to suck, and SGA;s days are numbered once SG1 is gone. even so that leaves a grand total of 2 hours i will even turn on SCIFI TV. WE NEED a new killer TV show for SCi fi. SO this is a call to all the scifi writers out there to start working on some great shows. Its a real travesty that farscape and firefly got canned, cause i would say lets continue those but we cant, cause the movies came out, so their plots are done. so we need a new show that can touch us all the way SG and FS and FF have
                        Ok then, lets look at this, i am getting sick of everyone going on about ratings, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, those ratings are not the only ratings taken into account, the show repeats and all of the ratings are considered, not ust the first, the ratings are hardly dropping at all, if at all, the viewings are just spread differently. I would also point out that Sci-fi isnt the only channel to show SG1 and i would bet that another network would take it up, Showtime passed it to sci-fi, and Sci-fi could pass it to another channel.

A lot of peple would disagree with you about BSG (myself included) and why would SGA suck without SG1, last time i chcked they are separate shows that in no way depend on eachother.

In your opinion Firefly and Farscape were great sci-fi, (i agree with Farscape) but IMO Firefly was dull, pointless and IMHO it was right to be cancelled. In your opinion a new show is needed, but IMO all three shows, there is no need for change, nor any new show
                        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

If the concern is the rating and that stargate viewers may not represent a large enough sample of those plled i have a simple solution. Everyone planning watching or recording SG-1 and SGA friday email scifi channel. it would be to think that some suit will walk in on monday talking about low ratings and find out from the tech guy that the fans blew up the server.
                          Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by Kirath
                            If the concern is the rating and that stargate viewers may not represent a large enough sample of those plled i have a simple solution. Everyone planning watching or recording SG-1 and SGA friday email scifi channel. it would be to think that some suit will walk in on monday talking about low ratings and find out from the tech guy that the fans blew up the server.
                            Aparently the network could give to beans if people with tivo and DVRs watch cause they fast forward through the comercials. (not my Opinion saw that on another ratings thread about nielson)
                            Get YOUR P90 Here!
                            Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

Comment

I think both SG1 and SGA are going to get cancelled soon. But BSG's ratings will pull up. It's too good of a show. What we need is a new Trek.

Comment

So you just typ that stuff in here and hope everyone reacts to it...well you are right about that, only you ar so wrong on o' so many other levels

Comment

Working...
                                X