Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't offended by the original thread title. It was misleading and it seemed inappropriate. There seemed to a majority consensus that this was the case. I don't think the goal here was to "censor" anyone, merely to give the thread a more appropriate title based on its actual content. A logical thing to do, no?

Comment

I hope there are loads more seasons, but I think we'll be lucky if there is a season 11, I just hope season 10 doesn't end in a cliffhanger...

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
        Oh yeah? This is what you said via your first post:

"Boo" to yourself for your rep message!!

This isn't Surface's fansite! You post crap threads like this, expect to get burn!

Who's with me in thinking this guys needs some serious red?

First of all dont go giving bad rep points if you dont think that i cant do the same for having the opposing view.

and two, all i was trying to say with the surface commet was i hope it continues cause i thought it was good, what does that have to do withmy view of SG1 as you implied??? nothing. further, i never did say i wanted the show cancelled go read again...maybe your the "doom sayer"

and as to PG15 I got say i have never understood you, so lets leave it at that.
        Get YOUR P90 Here!
        Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

Comment

FYI, knee jerk:

The new run of Dr Who is coming to Sci-Fi replacing SGA on Friday nights! What have you say to that?!

Comment

A shocking thread title to get people to read your thread is just bad taste. Let your thread stand on it's own merit, not on some marketing scheme.

A single ratings dip isn't a sign of impending doom. Note that the repeat showing ratings were quite high for a repeat showing. It would seem many people chose the later showing this week.

Personally, and people can complain about my pessimism all they want, but I don't have much hope for SG-1 going past S10. SciFi has gotten what they wanted, a claim to longest running American scifi series. It's the same likely reasoning they didn't change the show to "Stargate Command" despite the spin-offish nature of this current season. But only time will tell.
            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

FYI, knee jerk:

The new run of Dr Who is coming to Sci-Fi replacing SGA on Friday nights! What have you say to that?!

I have this to say, " GOOD!" now maybe sga will be put on wednsday night where it belongs, where all great shows live. any show with the talents of David Hewlett should be given full attention. i always thought getting SG of some sort, every 3 to 4 days would be better than getting it all on one day.

I think Dr WHO will be good. looking forward to it.

::chuckles::

knee jerk???
              who is this guy?
              Get YOUR P90 Here!
              Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

Comment

Originally posted by whatswiththehairtealc
                knee jerk???
                I'm talking to you! You and your knee jerk reaction to the "so-called" ratings drop!

Comment

I'm talking to you! You and your knee jerk reaction to the "so-called" ratings drop!
                  Perhaps you could be a little less insulting? You don't have to attack people just because they may make a mistake or lack an understanding of a system.
                  Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I think some one needs to take a pill and just sleep it off.
                    Get YOUR P90 Here!

Nice hair!!

Comment

Originally posted by whatswiththehairtealc

and as to PG15 I got say i have never understood you, so lets leave it at that.
                      Well, I am fairly complex.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                        Oh, and no. Sci-fi is full of crap without the Stargates and BSG.
                        I agree.

At any rate, there does appear to be a bit of panic over the ratings drop. While it probably doesn't bode well for the program, the best thing you can do at the moment is continue to watch and show your support.

Edited because I will not let inflammatory posts bother me. I will not.
                        Last edited by Vee; 07 February 2006, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                          Perhaps you could be a little less insulting? You don't have to attack people just because they may make a mistake or lack an understanding of a system.
                          *gumble*

Again Vee, I don't understand why GateWorld is reporting such ratings. I thought this was a Fan Site? Why feed on the panic of the "doom and gloomers" and give them ammo to post such threads?

Comment

*gumble*

Again Vee, I don't understand why GateWorld is reporting such ratings. I thought this was a Fan Site? Why feed on the panic of the "doom and gloomers" and give them ammo to post such threads?
                            It turns out, that as a fansite, GW presents us with ALL the news about our beloved franchise. Not some carefully spun propaganda to make us think things are all hunky-dory.

I still think you should follow my suggestion and start your own Stargate fansite so you won't have to worry about all of our "doom and gloom". Stargate 1984 really has a nice ring to it.
                            Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

eh don't care

if it means carter and daniel in atlantis instead of wussy mckay

Comment

We shouldn't have any worries considering sci/fi has no other strong shows. They love there sponsers that pay for there commercials between sg1,sga,bsg and considering the film in canada not to mention the 9 years of props they can always reuse. Plus the fact there is a real loyal fanbase we never go to low or to high in difference of ratings. The Stability of the rating woould make sci/fi one of stupidest cable networks to drop there true bread and butter. If they would just do some damn marketing the show would pick up even more. I mean 9 years and no video game, toys, and all other merchindise. Sg1 gets the real short end of the stick when it comes to marketing and merchindising shows like buffy,farscape had all of it. I mean hell bsg got a new video game out of there mini series before it got picked up as a series and sg1 hasen;t seen any of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X