This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
    The dome didn't look that camouflaged to me. Nor did it look like they were trying to hide anything. I mean, John got in without clearance.
    Wasn't it a planned flight, though? I mean, he wasn't just wandering by the area on his off day.

Comment

He still did not have clearance. He was simply a pilot who transported people back and forth. There should've some guards outside to check who's allowed to walk around the grounds or not.

Besides, the doorway was kinda large and anyone could've just looked inside from the outside >_>'. Nosy reporters, anyone?

Comment

But didn't he say that Genreal O'neill gave him the clearence?

Comment

Oh right, I forgot that. But since when can a military commander his wave his hand and say "Hey, he's got clearance" for something as top secret as the Stargate program?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider
            But didn't he say that Genreal O'neill gave him the clearence?
            Yes, he did.

Originally posted by Gateworld Transcript for Rising
            MAIN ROOM. Sheppard is still wandering around. He walks over to the Chair Room and overhears Beckett talking to a couple of people.

BECKETT: The second I shut my eyes, I could see. I felt power I've never had before. I had it dancing all across the sky. It was magical, it really was. (He laughs.) They're lucky. I don't know where it came from. I just tried to concentrate and the drone shut itself down. (He laughs again.)

SHEPPARD: So you were the one.

(Beckett turns to him nervously.)

BECKETT: Me?

SHEPPARD (walking up to the Chair): You were the one who fired that thing at me.

BECKETT: Look we're doing research; working with technology that's light years beyond us and we make mistakes. I'm incredibly, incredibly sorry.

SHEPPARD: Well, next time just be a little more careful, OK?

BECKETT: That's what I said.

SHEPPARD: What the hell was that thing anyway?

BECKETT: You mean the drone? (Sheppard nods.) The weapon the Ancients built to defend this outpost.

SHEPPARD: The who?

(Beckett looks at him suspiciously.)

BECKETT: You do have security clearance to be here?

SHEPPARD: Yeah, yeah. General O'Neill just gave it to me.

(Beckett's eyes widen.)

BECKETT: Then you don't even know about the Stargate.

SHEPPARD: The what?

Comment

Again, not possible. Especially not out on the field.

Comment

It wouldn't be the first time they've done it. And the guy's there already. I expect that he would have had to have passed enough security screenings to even get the job flying Jack in so he may already have top secret level clearances (which would not, itself, let him find out about the Stargate since that's NTK, but would sure make it a lot easier to grant him the access). Not to mention the fact that O'Neill doesn't exactly have a lot of bosses. There's the joint chiefs and there's the president (and possibly Hammond in Homeworld Security) and I doubt any of them would call him on it. Especially since Sheppard had seen and almost been killed by the drone at that point.

Comment

As someone has already mentioned, the Ancient Outpost was there long before the Antartic Treaty was established. It (the treaty) still exist in the show, but was modified. All of the world's major powers are aware of the Stargate now, and besides, the Antartic Oupost and the Atlantis expedition are under direct funding and control (by committee) of the International Organization created after the revelation of the Stargate. That giant dome doesn't need to be hidden, because nobody just goes walking or flying around Antartica for leisure. Anyone who goes there, is going because they've got good reason. Since all the major governments are already in on it, what's anyone going to do about it, even if it was discovered? Nuthin. Besides, I don't think they have any significant military presence down there anyways. They might have a couple of squadrons based at Mcmurdo, just in case. However, with the drone weapons, the Outpost is more than capable of defending itself. The rest of the security personnel are there to make sure the people going in and out are under watch and doing what they're supposed to.

As to Sheppard, he wouldn't have even been able to fly Gen. O'Neill out there if he hadn't gotten clearance. Also like someone earlier said... who's gonna say no to O'Neill? ...and yes, John did see the Drone... so that did deserve some explanation... plus O'Neill was grateful to Sheppard for saving his butt... so I guess O'Neill felt he owed him one.
                  The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                  Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                  My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                  Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Urm as far as i know General Oneill was in charge of stargate command so i should think he should have clearance to give other people clearance.

Comment

Giving someone clearance isn't just waving your hand and saying "He's got clearance". There's beaurocracy to go through.

Heck, Weir was head of the SGC (albeit for a very limited time), yet she said "If you're watching this, then the president has been kind enough to grant you clearance" to Simon in the video. I know it's not the same thing, but it's not just "He's got clearance. Because I just said so!".

Comment

I think SG1 have save the planet enough to be given certain powers that even the head of SGC do not have and I think Jack o'neil have had enough of Politics getting in the way of saving the planet and so he makes his own dicisons, if any body tell him off they just say well we will not save your little buts again. Also thor will help out with any court marshall. Like transport him of the planet.
                        Also he seen the drone , they had to do something.

Comment

• The events in Stronghold (
                            Spoiler:
                            Mitchell is talking to Landry on the phone and asks him about telling his friend. Landry not only allows it but sends Carter over with the memory device from Collateral Damage.
                            ) suggest to me that the leader of the SGC CAN, indeed, make that call.
                          • As I and others have stated, Shep would have to have already had top secret clearance to even be flying him out there. Seeing the drone made need to know a lot more reasonable since he already has the necessary clearance level.
                          • I'm sure Jack will handle the paperwork later. He's in the field and it's a field decision, no different really than a field promotion. Or more likely delegate to Walter or whoever is his assistant.
                          • Plus watch the episode or read the transcript. Jack doesn't so much give him clearance as wave him off and tell him not to break anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                            • The events in Stronghold (
                              Spoiler:
                              Mitchell is talking to Landry on the phone and asks him about telling his friend. Landry not only allows it but sends Carter over with the memory device from Collateral Damage.
                              ) suggest to me that the leader of the SGC CAN, indeed, make that call.
                            • As I and others have stated, Shep would have to have already had top secret clearance to even be flying him out there. Seeing the drone made need to know a lot more reasonable since he already has the necessary clearance level.
                            • I'm sure Jack will handle the paperwork later. He's in the field and it's a field decision, no different really than a field promotion. Or more likely delegate to Walter or whoever is his assistant.
                            • Plus watch the episode or read the transcript. Jack doesn't so much give him clearance as wave him off and tell him not to break anything.
                            * I doubt it was just "Alright, he has clearance!". Hammond surely had to call someone and stuff.
                            * He didn't even know what a Stargate was, let alone aliens and stuff, probably.
                            * -
                            * Yeah I know, which further goes into "What the Hell was Sheppard doing there?!"

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                              * I doubt it was just "Alright, he has clearance!". Hammond surely had to call someone and stuff.
                              * He didn't even know what a Stargate was, let alone aliens and stuff, probably.
                              * -
                              * Yeah I know, which further goes into "What the Hell was Sheppard doing there?!"
                              • Would have been Landry, not Hammond. And we don't know because it wasn't shown but it did happen and probably pretty quickly.
                                Spoiler:
                                Plus to be fair his friend already pretty much knew about the program. He was asking Cam about it and talked about our BCs and F302s, the alien ships, etc.
                              • True but he had seen the drone and he had to know it didn't appear to be anything earthmade.
                              • He was there because Jack waved him off to amuse himself. Probably didn't even really give much though, Jack never was one for ceremony and protocol really.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                                Also most of the good stuff is undergound so if any inspections did happen they only see what we want them to see. ie the lift would be hiden behind some covers, and scientist any one else would be inform to keep their mouths shut and only talk when someone ask a question. Also I guest all the majour powers that would likely to inspect the station are in on the secret. Also the other countries that would search base, well they must have good relations with one of the super powers, so say if saudi arabia would to ask a question about the base, it would probably would be britains that talks to them, and over them something to not to ask question like a reduction in the price of some of the military equipment we could sell them. If it bazil, china probably just over them extra investment, for not asking questions.
                                What about Greenpeace and other private organizations? And you don't have to have good relations with any country, any country that signs the Antarctic Treaty can do it.
                                Support Cascadia!

Join United States Government Simulation!

Comment

Working...
                                X