Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think season 9 is great for most part, but season 2 of SGA isn't as good as season 1. Only Critical Mass and Coup d'Etat were great. Siege 3, Michael and some others were good. The rest, ... not so good.

Comment

I reckon season 2 of Atlantis has been a massive improvement over the mostly (painfully) average first season.
      As for season 9 of SG-1: I won't hear a word against the show (except The Changeling). It may not be quite as good as earlier seasons, but I'm still loving it.

Comment

Well, I think SG-1 will even become better then they already are when the real war begins.

But I love both series and I would love them even more if they would be more "together" like sometimes characters, ships and plots from SG-1 is in Atlantis and the other way around.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
          I didn't write this before, I was gonna do a post but I didn't want to be slaughted be SGA fans but Epiphany was a complete SG1 rip off eg
          The plot=S3, A 100 days
          The idea of time going faster: S2,A matter of time and S6 Unatrual Selection
          Time delaction device: S6 Unatrual Selection
          The place where they went to ascend= Kheb
          One of the DVD extras has one of the writers talking about ideas for episodes. He said every story is a variation on the same seven or so plots that run across all scifi so you have to expect some "rip offs" from previous scifi stories. He said what makes the difference is telling the story with new characters and how they respond to the situation.
          My favs:

Comment

Originally posted by andrewag
            One of the DVD extras has one of the writers talking about ideas for episodes. He said every story is a variation on the same seven or so plots that run across all scifi so you have to expect some "rip offs" from previous scifi stories. He said what makes the difference is telling the story with new characters and how they respond to the situation.
            Oh well I can't wait for S3s Daedalus Unbound
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Both have high and low points.

I love them both equally and season 9 is picking up speed here at the latter half of the season. It will really pick up speed when we start seeing more than Priors, and more Ba'al and Lucian Alliance.

Season 3 will also be interesting.
              I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

I must admit, I think BOTH have been brilliant!
                And I think they are getting even better as they go through there second halves. I must say the last few episodes of Atlantis I have seen, eps16-19, have been excellent! I'm only up to ripple effect with SG-1 though(which was a great epsiode)

Overall I think this is up there with the best seasons of SG1 and episodes 16+ of atlantis have made season 2 better than season 1 for me!

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
                  Oh well I can't wait for S3s Daedalus Unbound
                  lol, i dont think they can do an episode like that.

Comment

totally. that's one of the defining aspects of the stargate series, and what makes it deeper and better.
                    I salute Stargate SG-1.

Comment

Working...
                    X