This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
    There's a theory that our spiritual self is separate from our bodies, and that the spirit would find the body again after it looped. Of course that doesn't explain everyone else.
    Perhaps the machine was designed to store only the memories of those closest to it when it resets. That way the Ancient scientists could work without attracting the notice of everyone else.

I would say that the machine stores the brain patterns of those originally in its presence and updates them every time it loops, and resets the brain patterns of everyone else to their original states.

Comment

what happens if someone in the loop assends, do they deassend in the next loop and then assend again?
      LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

why cant we take that machine to the ORI Galaxy an stick all of them in a loop, that would pretty much end that threat.
        LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

what i dont get in this episode............they couldn't dial out because of the time distortion blocking access to other gates besides the ones caught in the loop...........but what if they dialed to a gate they could access and keep it on until the device activated.........................hmm who knows
          I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Then the time loop will still continue as the gate you dialled is still part of the loop
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
            President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
            Forum Charmer
            Forum Ambassador
            Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

yeah but the time device activated the gates to keep enabling the loop, if it is unable to access it................crap would happen
              I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

The original question of this thread (what would happen if you entered/ exited the loop in a ship, could have been neatly answered for us by SGA.

Spoiler:
                In the episode Epiphany (second season), they explain the inability to cross into a section of a planet that is in a time dilation field, by sending a balloon type probe into the field. The probe is ripped apart by tidal forces and destroyed on the threshold of dilated space.
                The same could be true for any craft trying to enter or exit the time loop in WoO.

This is the only thing I can come up with. It doesn't solve the problem of ascencion, but I think we can all agree that since the ancients built the bloody thing then ascended, its their job to deal with the resulting time paradoxes (or paradoxi, whatever).
                You'll find them most vulnerable when they hover.
                Hover? Like a hummingbird?
                With teeth.

Comment

I can see it now, some guy spends his life trying to assend to a higher plane and finally does that, only to be caught in this time loop and wake up and be mortal again. Poor guy.
                  LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Originally posted by DAL SHAKKA MEL View Post
                    The device in window of opertonity caused certin planets to experiance a time loop. now my question is what if durring the first loop, you are on a planet within the loop, then you leave to go to a planet outside the loop, where would you be for the second loop?
                    You would be back to wherever and whenever the loop started. Regardless of where you were. wooo 100th post lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
                      The question is rather mute actually, because if you were on a planet that is placed in a temporal loop then you are actually in a fractal timeline. Trying to leave outside the loop and the gravity well would be impossible due to the intense energy, which is produced by the time-bubble.
                      Special relativity.

What? Could you elaborate? It sounds lke you know what you're talking about, but this post doesn't give enough information for us to know what you're talkng about.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid View Post
                        What? Could you elaborate? It sounds lke you know what you're talking about, but this post doesn't give enough information for us to know what you're talkng about.
                        Kal-El is right. It was stated in "Epiphany" that without a transitional machine, walking from one timeline into another would rip the person apart. The tidal forces of time would be too taxing on the body.
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Okay first of all forgive me for resurrecting this thread.

'Four hours before SG-1 first leave for the planet another SG team heads through the gate on a mission to a planet outside of the eventual time loops range. They are not going to return for at least a day.'

Now how I see it there are three possibilities but seeing as how these are pure speculation based solely on what I see in the show they may be wrong.

1. The most dire. The absence of some of the matter that would be required to make a perfect time loop destabilizes the whole of the time loop and everything stuck inside of its influence is turned directly into energy thus eliminating 16 solar systems, assuming that when they mentioned that '14 other worlds were stuck in the loop' they were excluding both Earth and the planet with the device on it, and all of their mass causing 14-16 massive explosions and gravitationally destabilizing the galaxy for millions if not billions of years to come.

2. They are stuck off world and the absence of the SG team causes the machine to compensate by making duplicates of them, only this time they can't leave and are stuck on base. When SG-1 finally fixes the loop the other team returns but due to the proven fact, in show at least, that two people of identical temporal/quantum make up can't exist within one universe the time duplicates would destabilize and die, or get sent to another reality.

3. The team is then stuck off world and no duplicates are made. The SGC will quickly notice that the team is missing and wonder what happened to them. Of course this makes it's own problems within the time loop/dilation field.

Any thoughts on these ideas?

Comment

heres the real question... if the planet is in the loop network... and 4 months later is released... would the weather change? what if another planet is days away from colliding with it, and then it leaves the loop and whammo.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by omnian View Post
                              This should all really belong in the Window Of Opportunity thread but I'll say it anyway.....

What would happen if you made all the Stargates within the bubble busy at the time of the time device's activation? Maybe that would have stopped it from occuring also?
                              the loop device dials the gates so there wouldnt have been a way to dial yourself

Comment

Originally posted by terraatlantus View Post
                                oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh I LOVE this thread. was just watching this on tape.

Person A would cease to exist - despite the fact he was outside the bubble. The event that led to his travel outside the bubble would not have happened.

another interesting point is that how are the memories tealc and oneill acquire transferred back to their earlier states?
                                firstly, if you were involved in the activation of the loop (in the affected zone) but you leave you will still be effected by the loop as your personal time is linked to the loop as they have allready diverged from the origional timeline (just like back to the future 2), if you were to enter the loop you would become part of the loop as the loops time would become yours

tealk and oneal kept parts of there memories as a, they were at the activation so knew they were not just having de-ja-vu, and b- its a time loop, loop being the operative word, time is not stopping and going back it is continuing round in a circle, there being put back where they started phisicaly but there memory is not being effected cos as i said they are starting over not starting again a fresh, the trauma of the reset would dull the memories but once you got used to it your recall would improve (as it did in the episode)

Comment

Working...
                                X