Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously...how can this show NOT last 12 seasons???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously...how can this show NOT last 12 seasons???

Going off of what i said in an earlier reply....With the introduction of Mitchell, Landry, Lam, and Vala, as well as the Ori and ANOTHER new enemy for season 10......i ask you how this show could last anything short of 12 seasons? If this show would be cancelled in season 10, we are left with a slew of unresolved characters and enemies left undefeated. Now, to me a proper time for villians to be around is 5 seasons, any more might get tired..so that begs the question of this show lasting 12, 13, even 14 seasons!

Now, I wouls be in heaven if this happened...but is it likely? There are only three modern shows that last that long.and they have mass appeal: ER, Law and Order, and the simpsons. Now, my question to you is...do you think it is likely to see a worthy conclusion to the Ori storyline (plus the lucian alliance, and the new bad guys for S10) in 4 or 5 years?

I have two main problems: it is not common for a show to last anywhere past 11 seasons, and the actors (MS, AT, CJ) might get tired of their roles and leave. I really hope this does not turn into Law and order, yes it has tons of episodes but the cast is always changing...I do not think it will work.

I was behind the idea of the Ori, but I think a new bad guy for S10 is overkill...your thoughts?

who saying it won't???

Comment

i want 34535353 seasons of SG1
      Hallowed are the Ori !!!
      Follow the path of the Enlightment !
      Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

I think this show can last 12 seasons. The Ori lasting until Season 12? I don't think so...

It's not that I don't like the Ori, but I don't see them lasting after Season 11.

I believe that Season 12 should deal with the exposure of the Stargate program and it's result.

Comment

With how good the ratings are I can see it going into a season 11 but beyond that it might depend if the cast and crew etc. want to continue doing the show.
          Last edited by mindfire; 17 January 2006, 02:18 AM.

Comment

To be honest, I would mind them ending SG-1 and bringing out another spin off like SG comand, that could free the actor if they chose to leave, on the other hand I would be thriled if the show makes it to season 12 or even 14
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

The show probably won't last 12+ seasons if one or a combination of the following happens:

1) The ratings tank.

2) MS and/or AT decide to not come back.

3) Skiffy pulls the plug for whatever asinine reason.

TPTB are going to write assuming they have as many seasons as they want, but in the end no one can really predict network and actor decisions.

Comment

Here's hoping for as many more seasons of SG-1 (& SG: Atlantis for that matter!) as they can fit in!

I agree in that it would depend alot on ratings, actor commitments & the TPTB; but the fanbaseis strong & continues to grow, insofar as I am humbly aware of. Personally, I would like to see an amicable resolution of the current storylines (if possible), like they did at the end of Season 8 (hell, SG-1 could of ended with Mobieus, pts 1 & 2, but I am glad it didn't; even if I am yet to see any of the Season 9 episodes here in Oz ); then follow up with a 2nd movie; bringing it all to a grand close.

Ideally, I would like to see the 2nd movie/final season EVER of SG-1 deal with the exposure of the S.G.C. & the Stargate program (whom knows, we may see it some of this line of thought in future seasons/episodes?) & mankind's expanding role in a larger universe. If SGA were involved in the 2nd movie (something I would very much like to see), if there ever will be one; I would like to see them dealing with the Wraith threat once & for all as well (tying up both series in one epic movie with hope for the future kinda thing).

All in all, I myself can only hope & pray SG-1 keeps kicking on strong & goes in for the long haul. It has already surpassed the likes of the X-Files; making TV history as the longest running sci-fi show ever (bare, relative whom you talk to, perhaps Dr. Who) by entering into a 10th season.

The only thing I do hope does NOT happen is that SG-1 devulges into running & airing episodes & seasons for the sheer sake of them. SG-1 & SGA (which I must admit took me some getting used to, it is strikingly different from it's predecessor & parent) has failed to majorly disappoint me in any sense- even if i don't like particular episodes/storylines, I can still watch, appreicate & enjoy them - let us hope it continues to delight, inspire & wonder us all for many, many years to come!

Comment

As long as the cast and crew still care about what they're doing and want to be a part of this great thing that is SG-1, I see no reason why the show can't at least make it to season 12. Personally though, I'm hoping for at least 15. Even with one more cast change or so. I love the quality programming tptb have given us for the past nine years, and I just don't want it to end.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Viva la Stargate! ^_^

Hey, gotta get my Daniel/Vala fix somehow

Comment

i could see SG1 easily going 15 seasons. the Orii and their followers could go to season 11 or 12 and then the Wraith could show up and with all the food around, intergalactic war for 3 seasons with every space capable species fighting for survival

sigpic

Comment

When season 9 was announced, one of the producers/writers/whoever made a comment that they had enough stories to last into season 12 - which tells me they have the whole Ori storyline pretty much sketched out.

What I would like to see is TPTB working towards a definite conclusion at the end of season 13, so that when SG-1 ends all major storylines will be resolved.

At 20 episodes a season, I don't see why Atlantis can't go to season 7. TPTB's long term plans for Atlantis probably aren't as complete as for SG-1, but same thing applies: work towards conclusion at end of season 7.

That said, they should leave the door open for a spin-off dealing with the disclosure of the stargate program to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by Re-Horakhti
                          When season 9 was announced, one of the producers/writers/whoever made a comment that they had enough stories to last into season 12 - which tells me they have the whole Ori storyline pretty much sketched out.
                          Really?!?!?
                          That would be great news, hope Sci Fi thinks likewise.
                          School is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                          X