Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the goa'uld weren't here in this galaxy till 5000 years ago. the alterrans dominated for millions of years before. while most of the stuff from the movie were negated by SG1 canon that fact stayed on.

Comment

I believe that the earliest gods were created by the people. The gould then discovered humanity and saw the perfect way to enslave our species, by pretending to be our gods. After that they (the gould) began to expand our religions, adding dozens of gods (hundreds in the case of Egypt).

Comment

i strongly think that they created them
        your new guide to stargate news.
        www.stargatenews.mypodcast.com

Master Control Radio
        www.mastercontrol.mypodcast.com

Comment

Originally posted by TPL2005
          I'd say that the oldest goa'uld, who presumably arrived on Earth using Unas as hosts, impersonated the gods worshipped at that time and adapted them to their own purposes over the millenia. The new-born goa'uld (those born after the discovery of Earth) would probably decide to be just themselves and portray themselves as 'new' gods.
          I think that is where you would get your "Children Of The Gods" Motif, Horus, the son of Osiris, who is Seth and Heru'ur's brother....

they are one big angry, multi generational family
          The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maltrancko
            I think that is where you would get your "Children Of The Gods" Motif, Horus, the son of Osiris, who is Seth and Heru'ur's brother....

they are one big angry, multi generational family
            Actually, the younger Horus would be Heru se-Isis, also written Harceisis, so he was presumably the first Harcesis child (and in theory, the reason for Isis and Osiris' imprisonment).
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I´ve always believed that the theory was that the Goa´uld had exploited the existing religion and used it as a command and control device.

And don´t try and make the movie and the series fit, it´s like trying to run software writen for DOS 1.0 on a computer running Windows 2000, the fundation may be the same but they are still way different and it requires major effort (and propably isn´t very satisfying)

Comment

Working...
              X