X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pj111984
    maybe the gou'lud have there own bands and stand up comedy

If you remember there are jaffa jokes so maybe the gou'lud do 2.
    That Jaffa joke from Seth was hillarious, mostly because of Teal'c's reaction.
    why won't my sig rotator work

Comment

One of the best jokes in the series, strangely enough...
      "Go ahead, jump. 100,000 lemmings can't be wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by Snork
        That Jaffa joke from Seth was hillarious, mostly because of Teal'c's reaction.
        Yep, a classic SG moment... the T-Man's just gold in that scene!

Capt

Comment

Originally posted by Devilfish
          Although I still wonder if that's really a tradition. Jacob and Selmak seemed to be pretty surprised when Daniel told them what happened. Didn't they mention the goa'uld population RECENTLY went down? It may not be tradition after all...
          The System Lords knew exactly what to do when handed a symbiote, so I don't think the event was a one-timer. It's possible that the tradition just recently started, or the number of Goa'uld eating other symbiotes has increased and the balance has been shifted. Of course, if the latter were the case, the tradition must have begun after the Tok'ra were spawned, or else they might have considered this possibility.
          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

That's an interesting way of looking at it, I tend to agree. It's really too bad they didn't explain that further on the show. And I still wonder if a couple of System Lords eating a handful of symbiotes could really decrease the population. They're always beating the crap out of each other, shooting down shiploads at a time, wouldn't that be enough to take out potential rivals?
            Maybe we're reading too much into it. It could be just symbolic.
            "Go ahead, jump. 100,000 lemmings can't be wrong."

Comment

Working...
            X