Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate SG-1: The only ever sci-fi show without a definitive bad season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's the consecutive thing that clinches it for SG cos Who has been on and off the air so many times.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Stargate has never had a bad season IMHO, its just the greatest sci-fi show EVER! Stargate is a Legend
      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Well said, Eoin!

Comment

I think Series 6 was a slower year because of Daniel leaving, and they had a fresh character to deal with IMO.

Saying that IMHO I thought the episodes towards the end of the year were well written and interesting espicially Prophecy and Full Circle

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
          legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

I really liked the season six early stand alone eps, like Abyss and Frozen. I quite enjoyed Nightwalkers too. And the last ones too, like you said. It just dipped a bit in the middle.

Comment

SG-1's season record has been pretty spotless. A little rough in season 1but thats to be expected.

SGA's second season so far, despite a couple great episodes, has probably been the only season thats come across as abnormally weak- mainly due to the it's-not-really-working SuperFord plotline taking up a third of the episodes that have aired, and McKay being out of character and just annoying in a couple episodes. Hopefully the second half will redeem it though.

Comment

I have liked all of there seasons so far, season 8 is one of my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
                  I was GOING to say Season 9 for SG-1, but from the very few spoilers i've read, I decided to change my mind
                  Totally agree with ya there. We can't make a decision quite yet, since only half of the episodes have aired yet.

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
                  Buffy-Season 1 and/or season 6 or 7
                  Hey, I personally liked Season 6 and 7 (Halfway through Season 7 is when I started watching the show), and yes I agree, Buffy Season 1 did suck.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                    All had their moments, yeah. S6 had it's downpoints especially, it was pretty slow to end (bar FC) after an amazing start. S8 was all about endings, and what an ending it was.... S9, all the episodes have been on major plots, which i like. I'd say you're right.

But the thing is, SG is the longest running sci-fi of all time, yet it's not even close to Trek, Buffy and The X-Files in terms of popularity. Surely they'd go by ratings etc. where Stargate has been known to slip down in recent years...
                    Stargate has gained in ratings its first three seasons on Sci-Fi, and has held steady this year.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by The2ndQuest
                      SG-1's season record has been pretty spotless. A little rough in season 1but thats to be expected.

SGA's second season so far, despite a couple great episodes, has probably been the only season thats come across as abnormally weak- mainly due to the it's-not-really-working SuperFord plotline taking up a third of the episodes that have aired, and McKay being out of character and just annoying in a couple episodes. Hopefully the second half will redeem it though.
                      Annoying is in character for McKay.

a time to mourn

Comment

The thing is, they've softened the character for Atlantis. Annoying is normal for SG1 fans, not for non-regular SG1 viewers.

Comment

i don't think that there has been a bad season some bad epsidoes but never a overall bad season.

just for the record i am really enjoying season 9 hallowed are the ori
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

'bad' is not only a subjective term, but it's also in the eye of the beholder

i know of some fans who declare s6 to have not happened...or only acknowleding a few of the 22 eps. Others consider s7 to be horrible, s8, or what they've seen of s9

to others, the show ended at s8 and with Moebius

the fandom of this show is so fragmented and divided that i doubt there will be one event that people can rally around and majorally dislike

in fact, the only thing i can think of that would do that would be when/if sam, daniel and teal'c are written out of the show and it becomes the cam and vala hour

that just might do it
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I can never say a season is bad.

A few episodes...now that's another matter entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                'bad' is not only a subjective term, but it's also in the eye of the beholder

i know of some fans who declare s6 to have not happened...or only acknowleding a few of the 22 eps. Others consider s7 to be horrible, s8, or what they've seen of s9

to others, the show ended at s8 and with Moebius

the fandom of this show is so fragmented and divided that i doubt there will be one event that people can rally around and majorally dislike

in fact, the only thing i can think of that would do that would be when/if sam, daniel and teal'c are written out of the show and it becomes the cam and vala hour

that just might do it
                                Sky, honey, please don't tempt fate. Don't give them ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X