This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tealc's forehead?!

Now that the flase gods have been defeated and the Jaffa freed, should he and the other Jaffa be removing their forehead symbols of their previous illegitimate "owners"? In fact, didn't Tealc say he would do just that when all Jaffa had been freed?

Michael Shanks answered this at a recent convention. He said that there were plans to have it removed back in one of the early seasons, but the network executives decided against it as they didn't think that fans would be able to recognise Teal'c without it. No, really.
    * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

I think he leaves it on as a reminder that he used to be subjugated by the Goa'uld and freedom is something worth fighting for.

Comment

I think it would make sense to have it removed instead of walking around with a symbol of Apophis on his forehead. In that same manner they should stop wearing that armor.

Comment

I know if i had gold melted into my head i wouldnt want it to be taken out/off(it'd be too painfull), i'd leave it there and say that its just there to show me that gold is great
          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh
            I think he leaves it on as a reminder that he used to be subjugated by the Goa'uld and freedom is something worth fighting for.
            I agree. It's a symbol to future generations of what they all fought and died for. Except babaganoosh put it better....

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
              I agree. It's a symbol to future generations of what they all fought and died for. Except babaganoosh put it better....
              True, but you added to babaganoosh's post nicely. I agree with both of you.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

no becuase that is still a part of who he is and who he became
                carter "colone?"
                o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

I say keep it. Although he wouldn't have to wear those funny hats all the time in the outside world if he did get it ripped off or however they come off

Comment

It's like getting a tattoo while in the service. Sure, there were some good times and there were some bad times and them old GIs don't necessarily go out and get them removed because they're not in the service anymore.

Comment

He could add to it. Make the serpent into a butterfly and the circle into a stargate, or something.
                      Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

Comment

Originally posted by rohannen of zorbia
                        He could add to it. Make the serpent into a butterfly and the circle into a stargate, or something.
                        Oh yeah, pouring molten gold on your own face, that'd be a good idea.

(this post is made in jest )

Comment

Originally posted by rohannen of zorbia
                          a butterfly?! Teal'c, the Jaffa who started, fueled, and ended the rebellion prancing around with a butterfly on his forehead? ARE YOU FREAKING INSANE!!!!!! if he's gonna convert it, he should atleast pick something cool like a dragon
                          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                            Oh yeah, pouring molten gold on your own face, that'd be a good idea.

(this post is made in jest )
                            LOL!

And don't put sharp metal objects in your mouth and don't put objects larger than your elbow in your ear.

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh
                              No, da hippie is right, I also heard that It's because fans couldn't recognize him.

Comment

Working...
                              X