Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goa'uld...The Aftermath ('Reckoning' SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld...The Aftermath ('Reckoning' SPOILERS)

The Goauld have been a very intriguing and interesting foe these 8 seasons. While I don't know what the writers have in mind for season 10, it will be one hell of a waste to throw the Goa'uld away in favor of this new apocalyptic enemy. The fact is that they invested a lot in the goa'uld as a race: They developed a culture, a way of life and a language for them.

Personally I would like to see how they handle the collapse of their empire. Imagine some of them trying to ally with other races (the Tauri or the Lucian allicnce). Some might go into hiding, some might try to rebuild their empire by occupying primitive human planets (and enslaving humans), some might become followers of the Orii. I mean, watchingthe Go'auld break into a three dimensional figure would be interesting, because before they got their asses kicked, they were all about the same thing: I AM YOUR gOD!

Well that happens to be how I feel abut it, but what do you think?
    1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Well, TPTB aren't dropping the Goa'uld completely. In "Ex Deus Machina",
    Spoiler:
    Ba'al has retired on Earth and taken over the Trust
    . And in the upcoming "Critical Mass,"
    Spoiler:
    a Goa'uld infiltrates Atlantis
    . I believe we will see the Goa'uld adapting to defeat and taking different tactics to gain power.
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate
      Well, TPTB aren't dropping the Goa'uld completely. In "Ex Deus Machina",
      Spoiler:
      Ba'al has retired on Earth and taken over the Trust
      . And in the upcoming "Critical Mass,"
      Spoiler:
      a Goa'uld infiltrates Atlantis
      . I believe we will see the Goa'uld adapting to defeat and taking different tactics to gain power.

Well said
      1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

It would be cool to see the Goa'uld allie themselves with other races.With their empire in shambles maybe they would allie themselves w/ the Aschen or another SG-1 enemy. ( I wonder if they'll ever show the "giant aliens":crystal skull ep, maybe they would be some help w/ snakeheads or ori.

Comment

I hope and pray that the Goa'uld aren't ditched entirely for the Ori. This is the perfect time to develop them as a species beyond the simplistic, "I'm teh evil god. BOW BEFORE ME!1!11". I'd love to see them forging alliances with races they previously were at war with or had enslaved. But please oh please, don't reduce the entire story of the Goa'uld to comical characters like Nerus or a whole bunch of Baal clones.
          MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

BTW, I don't see the Lucian Alliance made into a real threat. They may be shown as an annoyance here and there, thats all.

They seemed to have only alkesh, which a deadalus class ship can both outrun and outgun. So...we win.
            The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

I don't think we have to worry about tptb ditching the Goa'uld for good. Trust me, those snakes still have a lot of trouble left to cause us. Especially our buddy Baal. I feel pretty confident we'll see some Goa'uld eps next season.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Bring back apophis

like a replicator Apophis or something :O that would be insane

Comment

I really want to see RDA as a guest in an ep where they show him hunting down Baal. I can't imagine he's just sitting around while Baal is taking his place as a prominent businessman.
                  The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Working...
                  X