This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is Stargate Digital?

As the Thread Title says, who are they? Are they connected to the show in any way? I note they have Vancouver offices... their website is:

http://www.stargatefilms.com/

I Googled but have come up with nothing (so far). "Stargate" is a unique word, so it seems like more than coincidence?
    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that Stargate is now produced digitally?

Comment

Couldn't it just be a film producer? Like MGM, FOX, etc?
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I looked into their production credits and they're working on a show called "Alpha Male X" about... get this... GENETIC MEMORY!!! (Sorta like the Goa'uld, but in human brains I think...) LOL, tenuous connection I know. But they have not been linked to SG-1 that I've noticed. They have done digital effects for shows like CSI though I think.

Still, the name "Stargate" -- isn't that rather unique and proprietary to you-know-what?

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

perhaps its part of the franchise?
          I can't imagine that a company could use that name and get away with it, without being a part of SG-1 some way or another.

Comment

Hm, this article says they've been around since 1989:

http://www.digitalpostproduction.com...jsp?id=21122-1

This is puzzling indeed. They have NOT worked on digital effects for Stargate SG-1 that I've been able to find, but have done similar things for TV movies like "Helen of Troy" (those big impressive matte backdrops I guess, and other... uh... digital stuff?).

Comment

If you've ever googled "stargate" you'll see that it's hardly unique to SG-1. There have been conspiracy theories and such floating around for YEARS, long before Stargate the movie popped onto the scene. So while it may be an interesting coincidence, I'm pretty sure that's all it is.

Comment

Many companies have the name Stargate applied to them and they're not in the least bit connected to SG-1 or the Stargate Franchise.

http://www.stargateinc.com/index.asp

here was even a game called Stargate that was out in the 80's.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Torley, stargate isn't very unique. There was a game out a long time ago that had nothing to do with SG1 or anything. As Shadow pointed out, it's the name of a conspirance. In Pittsburgh, PA, USA, there was an internet service provider named "Stargate".
                  Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                  Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                  Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                  Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                  Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                  Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                  Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys.

So wait, it isn't a trademarked term?

(Funnily enough, on the logo it seems like only the full "Stargate SG-1" term is trademarked.)

Comment

Working...
                    X