X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont like the ancients

I don't like the ascended ancients!

Once they ascend they just can't be bothered to help out the humans stuck in pegasus from being attacked by the wraith when we know they have the ability to do something!

And when one of their kind does do something, the "others" punish him/her.

Something else, we know the shield protecting atlantis has the power to deflect anything the wraith throw at it, then why abandon it, and surely these shields are on their other ships etc?
    "Fly your ship through replicator dominated space, repair whatever damage may have been done to the time dialation device, and activate it before the replicators can stop you"

Best.Thor.Moment.Evar

Just another thought- i bet you, that at the end of Atlantis, they pursuade the ascended ancients to return and destroy the wraith!
    "Fly your ship through replicator dominated space, repair whatever damage may have been done to the time dialation device, and activate it before the replicators can stop you"

Best.Thor.Moment.Evar

Comment

Maybe there is a force higher than them, and if the ancients got involved that force would punish the ancients
      Daniel: Their whole world is in flames - and we're offering them gasoline. How does that help?
      Teal'c: We are in fact offering water.
      Jack O'Neill: Thank you.
      Daniel: I was speaking metaphorically.
      Jack O'Neill: Well stop it. It's not fair to Teal'c.

Comment

Season 9 of SG-1 is basically about why the ancients don't interfere especially "The Fourth Horseman". I don't want to give anything else away
        sigpic

Comment

You shouldnt as you shouldnt know about that episode yet

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
            You shouldnt as you shouldnt know about that episode yet
            LOLz

but yea ancients aren't the best, and for me it is more of a question why they don't interfere with the Ori threat, no the Wraith... the Wraith are like nothing compared to the Ori.

Comment

All to be revealed at some point, I hope in Season 9

Comment

They decided to abandon the city because they eventually got fed up. They held the Wraith off for years while the city was under siege by them. Eventually they got sick & tired of it. Everytime they managed to do something against the Wraith ships, more stepped up in the others place.

So as a last result, they sent a team to try & negotiate a truce that was backed by their most powerful warships. That was basically the final nail in their coffin to bring an end to their time in Pegasus. However Atlantis was much larger than any ships & was more important. Atlantis was their home, their base of operations & as such would have had their most powerful shield protecting it. As seen in 'Aurora', ships were considered expendable but I'm sure they also had some pretty good shields as well.

To finally defeat the Wraith wouldn't call for a return from the Ancients. Atlantis only needs a few more Earth ships that's equipped with more powerful energy weapons, a few more tech advancements in things like cloaking technology & if possible but not essential Drones & ZPM's.

The easiest strategy to defeat them, is to cloak a fleet of 302's. Arm them with Mark IV gatebusters. Load them onto the Daedalus, Rig them for remote control. Cloak Daedalus & send it out to scan for Hive ships. When it finds a target, remotely control the 302 from inside a cloaked Daedalus. Fly it while cloaked into the hangar bay & detonate it. End of Wraith.

However that wouldn't bring about a very spectacular & entertaining end for the race who defeated the Ancients. So more likely they'll eventually go down the route of a huge kick ass, Space fight. Earth ships possibly with Asgard backup's taking on the Wraith fleet.

I know what's the most sensible option to take, but it's Stargate & so everything has to be done the hard way. Besides it's a far better way to go out with a bang.

Comment

I'd like to give the Ancients a piece of my mind. Leaving all their junk and gadgetry behind for people to use and destroy others with, although the gates are good. They left a bit of a mess.
                  srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Yah the ancients make mistakes - They're only humans afterall (well hyper evolved ones anyway )

But you think they would have stricter littering laws
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                      Yah the ancients make mistakes - They're only humans afterall (well hyper evolved ones anyway )

But you think they would have stricter littering laws
                      Yeah, the milky way is the Ancients scrap yard, in that case, this is like Ancient Scrapheap Challenge YEY!!
                      srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by dial_the_gate!
                        Once they ascend they just can't be bothered to help out the humans stuck in pegasus from being attacked by the wraith when we know they have the ability to do something!
                        The ancients, while in human form, were HUMAN. They had an evolutionary path that they followed that led them to their ascended state. It is quite possible that they experienced and went through all that the second evolution of the human form are going through now. Internal fighting amongst themselves, against other species, etc.....perhaps they have been through all the pitfalls of coporeal life and now ascention and a greater understanding of the broad scope of things is basically where they are at now.

Perhaps they already see the greater picture and can see that even though there is hardship being experienced by the second evolution, it is all part of the learning process. Perhaps they see, or know, that in the end, it will all work out.....but the second evolution has to work it out for themselves. True growth comes from making it through the hard times....not having someone bail you out with the snap of fingers.

That being said, it would seem that they should have done a little more while still in coporeal form for those in Pegasus. Perhaps they truely thought that no one in the Pegasus Galaxy had survived the wraith, and once ascended and realizing their error, they were at a point where they could not interfere.

Comment

If I were able to discover the knowledge of ascension, and then ascend on my own, without any assistance, I would be as the Ancients are, not willing to deprive anyone else of the stages it took to reach that level of evolution.

The Ancients as a whole, could wipe the Wraith from existence. The Ori could attack the Ancients while they were committed to this action, destroying many, and leaving several galaxies without protection. The Ori must be watched at all times, even if there were a higher order of ascended beings, they would feel about the Ancients/Ori, much like they view us, unwilling to interfere in their petty disputes.

Comment

I personally like the Ancients. But I do hope more about why they don't interfere comes out in Season 9 and such. I think part of things is their not wanting to take a chance of becoming like the Ori. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see how tptb play things out.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                            X