This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The holy grail

Ive been going over the old bible stories and putting a stargate spin on them ala the noahs arc thing and have came up with this:
    what if the holy grail is ascension?
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

It depends on which "version" of the Grail you believe in.

The original Grail supposedly has the power to heal and to sustain life, which would make it analogous to the Ancient device the Goa'uld based the sarcphagus on.

The Christian Grail has a more spiritual aspect and symbolizes enlightenment, so could well be linked to ascension.

If you go the "DaVinci Code" way, you could interpret the Grail as a bloodline of people, which in the SG1-verse could be a bloodline directly descended from one or maybe 2 Ancients.

Take your pick of those.

Comment

Interesting but no (Imhoptep)...it was mentioned in Avalon I belive its either an
      Mild Spoiler
      Spoiler:
      Ancient Artifact or somethinh Merlin took a likeing too and made everyone believe it was something else

And in Indiane Jones And the Last Crusade the Holy Grail was the lost years between, Indie and his Dad finally being made up as it were, I got this from a TV show that was on earlier!

There are endless possiblilites for it and TPTB may go into it or not depending on how they feel their story is, good story yes, bad story no!

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalAscended
        It depends on which "version" of the Grail you believe in.

The original Grail supposedly has the power to heal and to sustain life, which would make it analogous to the Ancient device the Goa'uld based the sarcphagus on.

The Christian Grail has a more spiritual aspect and symbolizes enlightenment, so could well be linked to ascension.

If you go the "DaVinci Code" way, you could interpret the Grail as a bloodline of people, which in the SG1-verse could be a bloodline directly descended from one or maybe 2 Ancients.

Take your pick of those.
        I definitely like the possibilities the last two present. Either direction could make for good story-telling. Something about that "DaVinci Code" way really intrigues me. Hmmmm.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

the davinci code thing is definitly the most 'modern' explanation of the holy grail ive seen, and i personnally think its more likely than some cup that can give immortality.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Working...
          X