This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15
    is no Ori in Atlantis, and no Wraith in SG1.
    Wasn't there a hiveship in Pegasus Project? Or was it a cruiser?

Comment

Originally posted by principia
      Wouldn't it be wiser to separate their storylines given the tenuous ratings of the shows?
      I would like to see the shows separate from each other so they don't waste time 'guest starring' an actor from one show on another. The whole idea was to keep SGA separate, but the SG1 writers can't seem to stay away.

Comment

Atlantis was meant to be kept seperate for Season One so to define the show away from SG1, after that the writers intended to intertwine the two in the way they are...IF I remember correctly...

...Personally: I'm good, the whole Alone in another Galaxy with unlimited poeple..not matter how many die would of gotten boring.
        Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

It WOULD be nice if TPTB would actually do their job and separate the two shows instead of twining them ever closer together, however, I'm having a PSYCH moment here and in this vision I see... a couple of familiar faces looking very weary and bored... and a couple of less familiar faces who look like they're pepped up on something and... I see the number 1, although it's accompanied by four... or is it five figures? Ah! It's SG-1! Yes, I see SG-1 getting cancelled! O, the horror! But wait, what is this? It's like they're gone... but they aren't! Hmm... Now I'm seeing a galaxy far, far away. It's a very watery image, it's... it's ATLANTIS! YES! I see Atlantis and it is NOT cancelled, but now... why, how can this be? SG-1 is on Atlantis! There's this horrible wailing sound, like a sick whale trying to sing... My heart will go on and on.... Ohhhhh.... even though SG-1 gets cancelled, it will go on and on in Atlantis. Please, someone, kill the whale Celine music! So, TPTB will lose whatever scruples they have left (if indeed they have any left) and will force-feed SG-1 through Atlantis so that we can have both shows in one!

Meanwhile, I hear a scream, as if a thousand Nielsen boxes cried out in anger... and were suddenly silenced.

This PSYCH moment is brought to you by USA Networks, providing a romping alternative to Gatenight since... well... this season, I think.

Comment

A 1 with a 4 or a 5? Aren't those the ratings you are seeing?

In answer to the original question; yes it would be, otherwise they'd have to start bringing over SG-1 to finish story-arcs.
            It would be even better (from a business point of view) to separate the shows so they air on different nights. It seems very unusual for a spin-off show to piggyback off it's originator for quite so long. I'd expect for a spin-off a season, maybe two at the most, then once everyone knows it exists to air on a different night so the channel can attempt to "own" that night as well.
            Seems unambitious of Sci Fi and very harmful to SGA

Comment

Originally posted by Demonique
              Wasn't there a hiveship in Pegasus Project? Or was it a cruiser?
              I already mentioned it in my post; it's not important.

Comment

For the folks that are asking how they're intertwined: A lot of the stuff that happens in SG-1 affects Atlantis and vice versa. Like the ZPM, Daedalus, supplies, orders, IOA...... The list goes on.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

As I mentioned earlier, Atlantis is NOT dependent on SG-1 or the show SG-1, only on Earth and the Stargate Command
                  When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                  Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                    For the folks that are asking how they're intertwined: A lot of the stuff that happens in SG-1 affects Atlantis and vice versa. Like the ZPM, Daedalus, supplies, orders, IOA...... The list goes on.
                    None of those requires SG1 to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman
                      As I mentioned earlier, Atlantis is NOT dependent on SG-1 or the show SG-1, only on Earth and the Stargate Command
                      So if they're dependent on stargate command, how are we going to know where something is coming from when it gets introduced. Like the ZPM, TPTB could have just pulled it out of they're arses. But they had Stargate SG-1 introduce it to us.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

But that wasn't necessary. They could've indeed pulled it out of their ass.

Comment

Why does SG-1 have to introduce everything? The ZPM was special. If they need ZPMs they can dig them up from Pegasus.
                          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                          Zatnikitelman

Comment

atlantis would live on if SG-1 was canceled or ended on it's own terms
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The Gary Oldman Express
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

The Center for Intergalactic Exploratory Services (TCIES) Pronounced Tee-sies
                                Zatnikitelman

Comment

Working...
                                X